Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & Se England Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Location: Shortlands, Nr Bromley, Kent (could be Greater London, never quite sure!)
  • Location: Shortlands, Nr Bromley, Kent (could be Greater London, never quite sure!)

Grrrr... Too far east for the initial event and too far west for the streamers.

I want more than an inch.... :)

Grrrr...

DS

Posted

Im in Sutton thats just in Surrey but it's also in south west London confusing unsure.gif either way not a lot going on here at the moment cloudy and cold

Sorry but Sutton is in London, no question. The Post Office calls it Surrey but that's just because they refused to change their addresses in the 1960s when London expanded. Croydon, they are another one. Croydon is in London, not Surrey! There are loads of places like that in Gtr london. Anyway, back to the weather. London snow chances this weekend people?

Woohoo

Interesting developments off the Coast of Essex, there is a band of very convective showers which is now moving towards the Essex and Suffolk Coast, Very Heavy Snowfall in this and run the radar to see where this lot is heading.

Where is Steve Murr - He will like the look of the 1945 and 2000 radar scans

Whys that- Im actually sick of the radar now- missed every poxy streamer here in the SE-- As highlighted already many times NE wind is good for East Suffolk SE essex & central/ east Kent-

IMHO I would have kept the thread for the SE- everyone knows where the places are-- You will never please everyone- but that thread pleased the consensus-

waiting for a wind changed or something exciting to come down the pipe- maybe the norfolk stremer- probably miss to my west-

If not I guess its tomorrow-

That said I think the next 6 days will be very exciting here especially if the UKMO varifies...

S :)

Edited by Steve Murr

Posted

Maybe if i go down end of the pier, i'll be able to see what going on. its missed here by a couple miles, unless it suddenly turn more East

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Thanks !! :)

What people have got to understand is we missed the pre xmas snow and feb 2009 snow so it's nearly been a year ! , having to drive to gillingham and seeing all that snow while here it was wet was :)

me too we missed both too neil - hope i get it too !

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

me too we missed both too neil - hope i get it too !

Hope you get it aswell :)

Posted

That said I think the next 6 days will be very exciting here especially if the UKMO varifies...

S :)

I hope you're right Steve, Us in Bromley tend to get the same stuff you B'heathers get.

Fingers crossed.

DS

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

Sorry but Sutton is in London, no question. The Post Office calls it Surrey but that's just because they refused to change their addresses in the 1960s when London expanded. Croydon, they are another one. Croydon is in London, not Surrey! There are loads of places like that in Gtr london. Anyway, back to the weather. London snow chances this weekend people?

Nah - Croydon is in Surrey, but like Sutton it is a greater london borough, I hope the snow knows this when Surrey is due a blizzard :)

Posted

stupidly heavy snow in tenterden and appledore way - seen pics on facebook

Posted

Yep, same here. Surrey never does very well from a north easterly though. London seems to deflect the showers to the north or south, or just goble them up

Lol yes i agree we need an ENE wind here for the Thames convection ahh memories of 2 Feb 2009!

Posted

I might be imagining things but is the darkest red on the radar scans moving straight West now, right towards us? Plesae say the wind's changed a bit!

I hope so. Thames streamer time?!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Does anyone have any idea if Danbury/Maldon Essex are likey to get much snow in the next 24 hours...i live in a village squashed between the two,so eithers forecast will do..

many thanks in advance

My opinion is that with the current direction of the showers, you've got too much of a fetch of land - the showers develop over the sea and gradually decay as they pass over land. Therefore I wouldn't expect much before late tomorrow, when the weather pattern may change. ( now I've said that, you'll probably wake up to a massive coveringwhistling.gif )

Do you have much snow now?

Posted

METO have extended eeather warning for us at 20:20 heavy snow lasting till 11am tomorrow - FLASH warning

Posted

Irritatingly lovely stream of heavy snow heading into Kent.

have fun

Oh come on now - thanks We will! lol! All of us in for a pasting tomorrow tho mate!! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Whys that- Im actually sick of the radar now- missed every poxy streamer here in the SE-- As highlighted already many times NE wind is good for East Suffolk SE essex & central/ east Kent-

IMHO I would have kept the thread for the SE- everyone knows where the places are-- You will never please everyone- but that thread pleased the consensus-

waiting for a wind changed or something exciting to come down the pipe- maybe the norfolk stremer- probably miss to my west-

If not I guess its tomorrow-

S :drinks:

Steve, Rob McElwee wants to keep the sat night/sunday snow in a 'very specific area', i.e Kent, Medway, possibly eastern most parts of East Sussex, and maybe coastal Essex. Looks like the rest of us may see a few flurries at the most? It could end up moving further west i suppose. Tuesday nights snow moved much further east than forecast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

Can anyone tell me where the Eastern promise is - it has been talked about since New year but is yet to materialise. When will the wind change?

Posted

I can see more East to West movement further out in the North Sea Steve ??

Seems the line is forming further up and could impact our areas more later tonight early hours - Or wishful thinking

Paul S

Posted

No one seems to be able to answer me or is it because you are all to excited about the snow lol,am i going to see much snow tonight or this weekend? Cars are slipping up and down my road and most importantly it is not SNOWING and i want snow lol girl_devil.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Unlikely. The winds are NE. That keeps Kent in the firing line. I dont see it changing to an easterly any time soon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Really hot or really cold

I know what you mean - but I think the weekend will deliver big time starting tomorrow afternoon and that is something that will be more in line with what you remember - Let's hope so anyway! :drinks:

Ooooo I hope so we ve had quite a bit earlier in week but I'm greedy lol

Posted

Unlikely - wind in wrong direction; need ENE for the TS...

DS

Posted

I can see more East to West movement further out in the North Sea Steve ??

Seems the line is forming further up and could impact our areas more later tonight early hours - Or wishful thinking

Paul S

could that explain METO update?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold & Snowy, Hot & Sunny & Thunderstorms

This really has just been a Kent and coastal Essex/coastal Suffolk event the past few days. Quite frustrating as nothing wants to make it much inland. They just fizzle out or steer towards the very far south-east.

I like the way you say KENT we in north west Kent I.E Gravesend Greenhithe, Northfleet, etc have seen very little a couple of cm's max IMBY. :drinks:

Edited by Icebox