Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

3 Counties & E Anglia Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

can we catch up on sunday ? ,the front from the south seems to stall over central e/anglia , has anybody got any idea about sundays event ? by the way geat idea splitting up the threads

Well according to News 24 just now it will be a SE event mostly. I don't believe it to be be honest. I think we will be hit.:drinks:

Posted

heavy frozen rain/snow in leighton buzzard

Current data for Linslade

08 January 2010 20:57:32

Temperature (°C):

Current -2.1

Trend (per hour) 0

Average today -2.4

Wind chill -2.1

Humidex -5.1

Dew Point -3.8

Rel Humidity 88%

Wind (mph):

Current Gust 9.2 N

Average Speed 2.2 NNW

Pressure (mb):

Current 1025.3

Trend (per hour) +0.1

Posted

Only got about 3 cm on Tuesday evening the best fall on Wednesday, I think we will have to do another nowcast obviously and they are going to be many more changes on the B.B.C. regarding Saturday and Sunday. :drinks:

Posted

You still have to put up with me though, maybe we should petition for separate north/south Milton Keynes threads or better still maybe East/West considering the East seems to be quite extreme weatherwise!

:drinks:

Edited by lizzieloo202

Posted

Lucky, I have to read 3! This one, Midlands one and Lincolnshire one...... God bless Peterborough!! We are on the border of a few other counties so it makes it difficult sometimes but I tend to stick to this one, I think Suffolk weather affects those in Kent more TBH honest so prob best they are paired with London and SE.

Thanks to Paul for the shiny new home drinks.gif

I can see where you're coming from on this but for weather here, I look to what's happening in Norfolk, Essex, Cambs and..... the North Sea. The other problem is that leaving East Anglia in the thread name is really confusing when Suffolk is a major part of East Anglia. There's bound to be posts ending up in both threads. Anyway, enough from me.

John

Posted

I skipped many posts unless they were from someone in the 3 counties or EA which says it all really...or unless it was from Nick Sussex, Steve Murr or the like.

Exactly what I was doing

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Cold - nothing in between thanks!

Welcome one, welcome all & welcome "hare" to the East Anglian thread

In total this week we've had about 10cm (estimate allowing for a bit of melt/compaction etc) in my part of Norwich (NR3), one very heavy shower today about 08:45 and a few flurries. It's amazing how many showers today have gone east or west of Norwich itself

Look East forecast this evening had it looking good for tomorrow night/Sunday - warning of Heavy Snow (with the heaviest in the east, her words not mine!) from Sat Evening right through Sunday

Heres hoping the lovely Julie has nailed it for a change!

WtC

Edited by Whiskie the Cat

Posted

What part of MK is Monkston located in? As my sister lives their and just wondered what part you lot classify it as?!

Monkston is East

Posted

Only got about 3 cm on Tuesday evening the best fall on Wednesday, I think we will have to do another nowcast obviously and they are going to be many more changes on the B.B.C. regarding Saturday and Sunday. :cold:

Yes, I know the situation is evolving, but last night at midnight, Rob McElwee showed a huge band of snow across central, southern and eastern england, then this morning, just 6 hours later, Carol showed absolutely nothing. Then tonight Rob was back on, showing snow in the extreme east, for maybe norfolk, suffolk, essex and kent. Talk about constantly changing!

Edit: sorry forgot to mention that the above is for Sunday.

Edited by ribster

Posted

Hi all,

Thank you Chilly Milly. Looking at radar have a big shower just E of concrete cows seemingly heading my way. There are loads developing in the N Sea and The Wash also heading towards us so may have little more to talk about later.

Tara4now

Tringaling

Posted

Brilliant new thread yahoo.gif I'm just north of the Herts/Cambs border, and frustrated reading of all the snow in Kent!

Had a flurry an hour or so ago, bright and clear again now.

Posted

Maybe we'll wake up to a surprise in the morning.......referring to the snow for the sharp witted amongst us :cold:

Posted

Yes, I know the situation is evolving, but last night at midnight, Rob McElwee showed a huge band of snow across central, southern and eastern england, then this morning, just 6 hours later, Carol showed absolutely nothing. Then tonight Rob was back on, showing snow in the extreme east, for maybe norfolk, suffolk, essex and kent. Talk about constantly changing!

They know about as much as us TBH. I guess the best is to wait for updates Tomorrow. Think we will get it though. :cold:

Posted

Dont get too excited about those showers coming off the wash as I am not seeing anything out of them . . . not that not seeing snow fall is unusual . . in fact most of our snow has fallen under cover of darkness in the very very early hours of the morning. Have actually not seen a decent snow shower in daylight hours. . . hmmm strange

Janet

Posted

Well yes wasnt the Snow a few days ago only going to be in the West mainly and look what happened on the night the B.B.C. did not know what to do when it was also in the Eastern Region. Warnings after it was coming down lol. However 1 of our more experienced forecasters on here did say it would come East the night before the main event when every 1 was looking for the Prozac, so just wait and see.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

rofl.gif

Just had another inch in the last five minutes over here in the East....

Only joking, a very light dusting of very hard to see fine powder snow.