Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

3 Counties & E Anglia Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Hello thread. Hello 3 Countians and East Anglians.

*puts on pot of coffee*

*throws another log on the fire*

Nice in here isn't it. ;)

We had our first snow shower in ages earlier this evening. Topped up to 1cm again. How's everyone elses snow level going and lets hope there's more to come.

I'd totally given up on that other thread, it was a nightmare

Posted

Bring back Huntingdonshire, now that really would be the no sonow capital of the UK

Huntingdon, St Ives and St Neots, hardly a thimble full of the white stuff between them

Posted

Hertford was right in the line of that Essex streamer from around 8 a.m. on Wednesday morning heavy Snow for 2 hours and I went out for a walk in it, it was beautiful.

Edited by Blizzard_of_Oz

Posted

Bring back Huntingdonshire, now that really would be the no sonow capital of the UK

Huntingdon, St Ives and St Neots, hardly a thimble full of the white stuff between them

Posted

here a little piccy i found but i think including bucks is a bit to far ,also oxfordshire ? :clap:post-10736-12629837313442_thumb.gif

Thats what the MetO uses to split regions, it makes little sense to me!!

Posted

I still say 5mm is rather a lot for this region biggrin.gif

Mine 1mm blew away hehe

hahahahhah Mine is only here because it got caught on the curb!! hahahhahah Else it would been long gone.. prob to those rotters in Kent nonono.gifblum.gif

Posted

Hertford was right in the line of that Essex streamer from around 8 a.m. on Wednesday morning heavy Snow for 2 hours and I went out for a walk in it, it was beautiful.

So was St. Albans but it went from 8am till 11am!:o :clap:

Posted

so is it still sunday - monday for us lot waiting for the return of the snow or has something unexpacted happend and the forcast has all but changed ?

Posted

I'd totally given up on that other thread, it was a nightmare

I skipped many posts unless they were from someone in the 3 counties or EA which says it all really...or unless it was from Nick Sussex, Steve Murr or the like.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises

I'd have Essex and Suffolk in East Anglia, but as southern Essex and Herts are neighbouring London, it's a hard one to call. I'm virtually in Essex where I am, maybe 8 miles from the border, and I need my Essex reports with an easterly wind! :)

yay bring in Essex, Norfolk and Suffolk too since that's where our weather is born - till the wind changes... and then it'll just be rain sent from Kent:)

Posted

here a little piccy i found but i think including bucks is a bit to far ,also oxfordshire ? :)post-10736-12629837313442_thumb.gif

I live in North Bucks and associate much more with East Anglia. Our local news is always 'East'

Milton Keynes' news is part of Look East's news program on the BBC

Anyway, folk can make their own minds up, if someone in Bucks wants to watch the S/E thread they can. I've been watching the Midland's thread myself, I won't bother at all with the S/E thread now.

:)

Posted

Nope nonono.gif

Bucks is one of the three counties.

Had approx 8 inches here on wednesday, no melt apart from on roofs etc dark surfaces.

depth now around 5 to 6 inches due to snow compacting from frost and weight.

Still hopeful for a inch or so tonight into tomorrow and then significant snow over Saturday

night into Sunday.

Posted

Hi all,

First post on this site so please don't flame me.

Here some 4 miles north of Tring there is about 4ins of lying snow. Had a shower this am but nothing since. Seems likely, from synopsis charts, that we will be Northern edge of the Weekend event therefore maybe additional 1 inch.

Some debate over possible snow event mid-week but this may herald warmer temperatures for a while. There seems to be very low confidence in any forecast more than 2 - 3 days in advance however and warmer air may slide south into France.....hopefully! Looking at various threads there are better meteorologists on here than me so perhaps they can comment further .

tara4now

tringaling

Posted

I still say 5mm is rather a lot for this region biggrin.gif

Mine 1mm blew away hehe

Mines only here because it caught on the curb!!! :) Else it would have blown away too, probably to those rotters on Kentblum.gif

Oooh yeah, Huntingdonshire is another one which borders us.. We've got Lincs, Northants, Hunts, Rutland all close to where I am.... lol

Posted

Wait until the moderate to heavy PPN on Sunday moves up past the SE/London into "our" area :) ....... :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Thanks for our lovley new thread clap.gif

Hello everyone !

This should make it alot easier to keep up on here and still be able to watch the lampost with the other eye .

All quite on the (extreme) East of MK tonight (for now)

Posted

I live in North Bucks and associate much more with East Anglia. Our local news is always 'East'

Milton Keynes' news is part of Look East's news program on the BBC

Anyway, folk can make their own minds up, if someone in Bucks wants to watch the S/E thread they can. I've been watching the Midland's thread myself, I won't bother at all with the S/E thread now.

:)

no i ment that bucks should be here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

can we catch up on sunday ? ,the front from the south seems to stall over central e/anglia , has anybody got any idea about sundays event ? by the way geat idea splitting up the threads

Edited by 80sWeather

Posted

Hi all,

First post on this site so please don't flame me.

Here some 4 miles north of Tring there is about 4ins of lying snow. Had a shower this am but nothing since. Seems likely, from synopsis charts, that we will be Northern edge of the Weekend event therefore maybe additional 1 inch.

Some debate over possible snow event mid-week but this may herald warmer temperatures for a while. There seems to be very low confidence in any forecast more than 2 - 3 days in advance however and warmer air may slide south into France.....hopefully! Looking at various threads there are better meteorologists on here than me so perhaps they can comment further .

tara4now

tringaling

Hi Tringaling.

I think you location makes you a 3 counties poster through and through. :)

Tring lovely part of the world. Hopeful here for Sunday, but we've been very unlucky here so far.

Posted

Light snow shower in SW Milton Keynes!

Temperature has risen by 0.4 degrees to -1.9 outside my front door!

Edited by ickledoozer

Posted

Nice to see the Met O have upgraded our weather warning for tonight and tomorrow to amber "be prepared" yay!! :drinks: