Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

3 Counties & E Anglia Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Guys do you think Suffolk belongs in this thread, just seen a post on the end of the other thread saying they are kind of "Middle Ground" Now

??

Replies from Suffolk Folk Please

Yes get rid of them. :cray:

Posted

Officially, East of England (East Anglia) is Herts, Beds, Essex, Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambs, or at least it is in my world of work. Bucks comes under SE.

Posted

Officially, East of England (East Anglia) is Herts, Beds, Essex, Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambs, or at least it is in my world of work. Bucks comes under SE.

I think MK is EA but then southern Bucks is SE... I suppose.....

Edited by saint

Posted

Am i going to have to go out an measure just to be sure?? . . I did say about an inch lol

Janet

I'm sure you won't be saying that come tomorrow night but 0.25 can make the difference in Snow measures.

Posted

Am i going to have to go out an measure just to be sure?? . . I did say about an inch lol

Janet

You dont need to, stay in the warm

Edited by stromanis

Posted

Yes get rid of them. :cray:

Geographically speaking, suffolk and norfolk are part of, or form East Anglia! According to the government regional offices, cambridgeshire and the City of Peterborough are also part of EA. That is all!

Edited by ickledoozer

Posted

Now we have scaled down what is the depth of Snow where you are at present? 5 inch here fell on Wednesday.

Well right now we have approximately 5mm... in the drifts!!! yahoo.giflaugh.gifrofl.gif We are concerned about the population of ants and spiders and the effects this "Worst weather in decades" will be having on our insect life!!! laugh.gifrofl.gif

Posted

I'd have Essex and Suffolk in East Anglia, but as southern Essex and Herts are neighbouring London, it's a hard one to call. I'm virtually in Essex where I am, maybe 8 miles from the border, and I need my Essex reports with an easterly wind! :cray:

Edited by Tommyd1258

Posted

Janet

You dont need to, stay in the warm

Edited by stromanis

Posted

Guys do you think Suffolk belongs in this thread, just seen a post on the end of the other thread saying they are kind of "Middle Ground" Now

??

Replies from Suffolk Folk Please

Probably me :cray:

I appreciate that with a post count in single figures that I lurk rather than post but I feel leaving Suffolk out of this group is bit bizarre. Even Essex is a bit borderline.

I've now got to read two groups to get my local picture.

John

Posted

Well right now we have approximately 5mm... in the drifts!!! yahoo.giflaugh.gifrofl.gif We are concerned about the population of ants and spiders and the effects this "Worst weather in decades" will be having on our insect life!!! laugh.gifrofl.gif

That is surprising normally a good depth during Snow in recent past events.

Posted

I still say 5mm is rather a lot for this region ;)

Mine 1mm blew away hehe

Posted

I'm sure you won't be saying that come tomorrow night but 0.25 can make the difference in Snow measures.

Have been out and measured . . also notice there is very very light snow falling right now but our current depth is 14/16ths of an inch

Janet

Posted

Hello thread. Hello 3 Countians and East Anglians.

*puts on pot of coffee*

*throws another log on the fire*

Nice in here isn't it. ;)

We had our first snow shower in ages earlier this evening. Topped up to 1cm again. How's everyone elses snow level going and lets hope there's more to come.

Posted

Nope ;)

Posted

Probably me smile.gif

I appreciate that with a post count in single figures that I lurk rather than post but I feel leaving Suffolk out of this group is bit bizarre. Even Essex is a bit borderline.

I've now got to read two groups to get my local picture.

John

Lucky, I have to read 3! This one, Midlands one and Lincolnshire one...... God bless Peterborough!! We are on the border of a few other counties so it makes it difficult sometimes but I tend to stick to this one, I think Suffolk weather affects those in Kent more TBH honest so prob best they are paired with London and SE.

Thanks to Paul for the shiny new home drinks.gif

Posted

Heavy Snow 2200 Fri 8 1100 Sat 9 Further heavy snow showers will continue to feed in from the North Sea with fresh accumulations of 2 to 5 cm expected and locally up to 10 cm. Snow will also start drifting in freshening northeasterly winds.

The public are advised to take extra care and refer to the Highways Agency for further advice regarding traffic disruption on motorways and trunk roads.

East of England: Cambridgeshire Essex Norfolk Peterborough Southend-on-Sea Suffolk Thurrock

Just issued by met office for tonight

Janet

Yes! ;)

Edited by hobbielancie

Posted

OH HOORAY

Split the EA/SE nightmare area ;)

THANKYOU! ;)

You still have to put up with me though, maybe we should petition for separate north/south Milton Keynes threads or better still maybe East/West considering the East seems to be quite extreme weatherwise!

Posted

here a little piccy i found but i think including bucks is a bit to far ,also oxfordshire ? ;)post-10736-12629837313442_thumb.gif