IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Coast

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

That was really strange

Looked outside just a few flakes , then it came down for 2secs like someone turned a tap on and quickly switched it off... Now its coming down again , heavy heavy snizzle

:whistling::hi:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

Yeah, I do miss it and it is really lovely in the Summer, which has been a scorcher so far over there.

Welcome KK, my mum's flying to Auckland this evening, think she's looking forward to a bit of warmth. :hi:

Meanwhile, I just want to get a bit of sledging in :whistling:

Posted

Is Brighton going to get some white stuff soon as cant get on the raintoday radar,help lolcc_confused.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Exciting weather!

New thread time... :whistling:

.......with a link please :hi:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

To be honest I'm not certain how anaprops appear. I think it's to do with interference between the satellite and the ground, creating false areas of precipitation that aren't really there.

Yes, there's been lots of people sledging down the hills at UEA today- a few even skiing!

Sorry TWS, I phrased that question poorly - what I meant was - how would an anaprop look on the radar image? I noticed scrolling through last nights' radar that there seemed to be two jupms - one where all the showers disappeared except one band from on 5 minute image to the next, then, later on, the band disappears and the general showers reappear!