Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Coast

Posted

Totally agree, I'm 36 and my friends and g/f are amazed how excited I get, just love snow! Off skiing in Chamonix in a couple of weeks so let the snow continue :clap:

Have a great time skiing, I'm off skiing in early march to France to near Flaine, Grand massif. Can't wait !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Suffolk and Essex folk...all eyes on the showers heading towards Ipswich now, again have been intensifying the whole time!

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Brilliant local forecast , north/east kent being hit badly later and then tomorrow night :clap:

Posted

Hello everyone

Im not convinced by the MetO severe weather % downgrades for areas London and SW of...

Looking at the wind vectors and synoptics there are multiple paths of which snow could arrive

and slight changes in the Vectors can make a huge difference to the snow path.

Without question the SE will see snow over the next couple of days, but I also think

London and SW London are not 'out of the woods' yet :clap:

Are you sure about downgrades for London ??? if anything I thought since lunchtime it has been upgraded although agree slight changes make such difference on snow path that right up to that point things can change

Posted

Brilliant local forecast , north/east kent being hit badly later and then tomorrow night :oops:

...and by Michael Fish. It doesn't get any better :good:

Just had a Mc flurry in Staines :oops:

Did it taste nice? :clap:

Edited by maidstone weather

Posted

Are you sure about downgrades for London ??? if anything I thought since lunchtime it has been upgraded although agree slight changes make such difference on snow path that right up to that point things can change

I haven't seen the TV forecasts but I heard they have been upgraded for London too.

Posted

Brilliant local forecast , north/east kent being hit badly later and then tomorrow night yahoo.gif

Yep Mike Fish delivered it well without over-ramping it all.

(Not too convinced for tonight yet though!)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

Brilliant local forecast , north/east kent being hit badly later and then tomorrow night :clap:

I love it when we all celebrate bad snow on the way when the news broadcasters and weather bods think that everyone wants it to end :oops:

Posted

Now, that is a sight I like. No blues over my area. I'm still very worried about this talk of marginality though. Not just here but all other coastal districts in the region. Can anyone put these fears to rest?....

Thought not. :clap:

It's unlikely to be marginal at least for Saturday night into Sunday as the upper air is actually turning colder over the next few days, theres less modification as the flow is strong.

Posted

Yep Mike Fish delivered it well without over-ramping it all.

(Not too convinced for tonight yet though!)

Have you seen the cloud development over germany/holland? think thats our snow

I love it when we all celebrate bad snow on the way when the news broadcasters and weather bods think that everyone wants it to end :clap:

I know lol , us forecasters/amatures want to see snow up to the roofs :oops: :oops:

Posted

Have you seen the cloud development over germany/holland? think thats our snow

I know lol , us forecasters/amatures want to see snow up to the roofs :good: :wacko:

The snow is in relation to that upper level front which you can see on the ukmo fax charts for 06hrs tomorrow.

http://www.wzkarten.de/pics/brack0.gif

Edited by nick sussex

Posted

Suffolk and Essex folk...all eyes on the showers heading towards Ipswich now, again have been intensifying the whole time!

Yeah, been watching this blob for a while. Intensity increasing as you say. Not entirely sure it's on the right track for me, from a personal point of view. Think it will miss me and duck into somewhere between Whitstable and Sittingbourne. Unless it swings round into the Estuary, like the showers did this morning. Wind not as favourable now though.

Posted

The snow is in relation to that upper level front which you can see on the ukmo fax charts for 06hrs tomorrow.

Nick i was talking about this evening/tonight :wacko:

Thanks though

Edited by neilsouth

Posted

Much more of an east of region slant to today's warnings now. Had a flurry here in SW London half hour ago, which I thought may be a precursor of a subtle wind shift but now it's the clearest it's been all day. Completely clear in fact. Still too much northerley in the mix and whilst that's there, nothing will change the current locations of the heaviest snowfall. But, as you rightly say, subtle changes make a huge difference, especially in this sort of set up.

Posted

It's unlikely to be marginal at least for Saturday night into Sunday as the upper air is actually turning colder over the next few days, theres less modification as the flow is strong.

Thanks Nick.

What about the GFS progs of 3/4c air temps over some coastal areas sat night into sun? Total garbage surely?

Posted

I love it when we all celebrate bad snow on the way when the news broadcasters and weather bods think that everyone wants it to end :good:

I just think it's crazy that they think everyone wants it to end. My impression is that 70 per cent of people in London love snow, and wish we had more of it. Of course, there's a few moaning minnies – like the woman who just served me in the supermarket. I just said to her: "Well if you want it to be milder, it will then be wet. You can't win in Winter." She grudingly accepted that argument by muttering "The weather in this country..."

God, move to Dubai love if you don't like it. :wacko:

Edited by Downpour

Posted

I haven't seen the TV forecasts but I heard they have been upgraded for London too.

Just to clarify I was referring to the MetO severe weather warning - at the current time on their website London and SW

has been reduced from orange to yellow with regards to % chance of severe weather which I think is wrong.

Posted

Major downgrade most forecast only saying 5cm for whole weekend is this true?

What? , did you just watch itv or something :wacko:

Upto 15cm in some areas was mentioned !

Posted

Yes I watched itv meridian and mike fish said 5cm

In answer to your post , no there has been no downgrade....