Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & Se Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

SNOW FOR SUNDAY / MONDAY.

Some on here are questioning things they are seeing on the BBC, but just to add to this and to support the Francis Wilson, Michael Fish approach here is a model of snow fall on Sunday.

whitstable1.jpg

Posted

The Beachy Head road, Eastbourne - yesterday:

med_gallery_6667_76_46288.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, and Snow.

The Beachy Head road, Eastbourne - yesterday:

med_gallery_6667_76_46288.jpg

Blimey!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything and everything

Shocked just now when I looked on XC to check temperature. It's showing us here as still -6 :nonono: Must have my heating too high, as I thought it had warmed a bit :)

Good to see some reports of rogue showers cropping up that are not on the radar. That could mean anyone is in for a chance today. Been looking heavy outside for the last hour, but dry here. Have noted the teacher that lives next door is home as his car is covered. Another school closure. :)

Posted

Some on here are questioning things they are seeing on the BBC, but just to add to this and to support the Francis Wilson, Michael Fish approach here is a model of snow fall on Sunday.

whitstable1.jpg

Mr Wilson and Jay Wynn have been on the ball currently for the last 2 days :nonono:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

whitstable1.jpg

I'm still sticking with the Sky forecast for this event on Saturday/Sunday, they've been bigging it up for the last couple of days, bring it on. We could do with a top up in South East London :nonono:

Posted

Can anyone shed some light on sundays possible event please, with regard to any marginality. Read the model thread this morning and rain/sleet seems the buzz word for eastern coastal districts. Also some saying it wont it even make it to uk?!

Edited by LeighShrimper

Posted

I'm still sticking with the Sky forecast for this event on Saturday/Sunday, they've been bigging it up for the last couple of days, bring it on. We could do with a top up in South East London :)

I THINK THINGS ARE being upgraded...but correct me if Im wrong,

Sky saying met going for blizzards and drifting for the weekend..

sorry ..back on topic enjoy your showers

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

This was posted by a net buddy from Liphook, very near where I used to live (doesn't it make you sick):

post-8078-12629447682352_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, and Snow.

Another light 'showerlet' in St. Ives :)...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

People, if you are in Eastern areas of EA and Kent - as in whole of N, S and E - take note of the massibe blob of ppn which has intensified as it heads down the North Sea heading straight for us!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

following the radar sequence the 'sunday' snow doesnt even make it to the UK now?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/40?&search=paris&itemsPerPage=10&region=world

I wouldn't trust those graphics

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: rubbish boring weather

Light snow now starting in Eastbourne....

Posted

I wouldn't trust those graphics

I think it's a case of the snow is there but it's just not showing up because it has the equivalent intensity of drizzle, which also doesn't normally show up on there. Persistent drizzle - widespread 5cm apparently

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather of any type.

People, if you are in Eastern areas of EA and Kent - as in whole of N, S and E - take note of the massibe blob of ppn which has intensified as it heads down the North Sea heading straight for us!

Got the feeling it'll be heading SW a bit though... It's that big streak S of Eastbourne that seems to be growing towards us that interests me!

Posted

Continuing to get light snow here as well. Only tiny flakes but it is coming down quite hard - enough to dust the paths. Still, it's better than seeing nothing at all!

Edit: flakes much bigger and coming down quite hard. Weird, because there's nothing on the radar. Anyone else having this issue with the NW radar? I know when the snow is light, it doesn't always pick it up, but for heavier showers it should?

yes had a few light flurries that aren't showing up on the radar but it's spot on with the heavier stuff

Posted

Everyone's back on Blobwatch! Love day's like this :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

Snow risk must have receded as the list of users is back at the bottom again :)