Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & Se Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Went to bed at midnight expecting no snow , woke up at 4.30am with a banging headache looked outside and a slight dusting on the roads but clear cold sky.. Fell asleep and woke up to the sound of heavy hail outside then it just went on and on for a good few hours. Ended up with over 4inches/10cm+ heaviest snowfall in one day since living here we've had alot of snow in the past but its been and on and off situation.

I'm happy now , wasn't before because all i kept seeing was slushy roads and hearing drip drip

Posted
  • Location: Ormesby St Margaret - Nr Gt Yarmouth / Work in Norwich
  • Location: Ormesby St Margaret - Nr Gt Yarmouth / Work in Norwich

Massive snow shower here in Norwich at the moment.

Really bucketing it down!!!!

TWS do you think these will hit Norwich a lot today?

Thanks.

Edited by HomerJ

Posted

Are these showers likely to become more intense as the day goes on?

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/pws/invent/weathermap/

Click Radar , then loop it... zoom in for a better view

Posted

Quiet but cold here at the moment. Has been some snow overnight but I am not measuring in my pj's

Temp says -5c at the moment but my weather station started playing up overnight.

Hope everyone is warn and safe

Janet x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

I'm gonna stick my neck out and make a bold prediction here... I think that by mid week next week things will be slowly warming up. Yes...a premature end to the cold spell is what I'm predicting for the area. I have this feeling that, in spite of what the models are saying, the cold is not going to get a vice like grip on us and will be more susceptible to a renewed onslaught from the Atlantic than perhaps the models are suggesting.

I expect to see the models get in agreement with this over the weekend. But after mid next week that will be that as far as the type of winter we've been enjoying goes, though there may well be the odd marginal event stretching into March.

Not what I want, but what I feel is happening.

Damn...I posted this up hoping that once I had, I'd be proven to be wrong....which I wouldn't mind at all. Now i find already the models are swinging around!

However I am getting used to being given tastes of something only for it to be taken away... this weekends prediction of heavy snow which now, as it disappears, is yet another instance.

A great winter for all that and shouldn't really complain and the rest of it is not without hope, but it gets frustrating nevertheless!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Car yesterday afternoon and this morning.

I'd say a good 3 or 4 inches fell yesterday eve.clap.gif

post-11059-12629404671552_thumb.jpg

post-11059-12629404823252_thumb.jpg

Posted

Creeping up to the heady heights of -1.3 DgC this morning, looking forward to more snow this weekend! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

8 inches a bit further east in Felixstowe!

Hi Cookie... yes one of our directors lives in Felixstowe and told me there was 7/8 inches! MASSIVE difference!

Posted

Snowing heavy again :yahoo:

Posted

Can anyone shed any light on the weird BBC forecast for Sunday? According to the Beeb, it seems that the easterly is predicted to only deliver snow to south west England and wales, showing no form of PPN for Eastern England.

Cheers

Posted

The batch of souths heading south from off the east coast of Scotland looks to be intensifying as they move down...good signs for later on!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: rubbish boring weather

Updraft posted on other thread

Posted 17 minutes ago

That BBC Forecast saying it will miss the SE on Sunday and hit SW parts seems a load of tosh to me... Met Office are still saying snow from 18:00 Saturday until the end of Sunday for Kent it seems. and that was updated at 0801 this morning!

What i think was happening with that forcast was it was showing the graphics for later on in the day when the precipitation had already moved east to west.

Same reply for ickledoozer too :-)

Edited by jasonuk

Posted

Posted 17 minutes ago

That BBC Forecast saying it will miss the SE on Sunday and hit SW parts seems a load of tosh to me... Met Office are still saying snow from 18:00 Saturday until the end of Sunday for Kent it seems. and that was updated at 0801 this morning!

What i think was happening with that forcast was it was showing the graphics for later on in the day when the precipitation had already moved east to west.

well it is very misleading, I am constantly losing confidence in BBC forecasts!

Posted

Saying that...the showers heading southwards off coast of Scotland now have a slight W movement so may miss here... hmmm....We'll see later on I guess :yahoo:

Posted

Can anyone shed any light on the weird BBC forecast for Sunday? According to the Beeb, it seems that the easterly is predicted to only deliver snow to south west England and wales, showing no form of PPN for Eastern England.

Cheers

I have a feeling UKMO will show the ppn on their next model run later on. Sky News are adamant that Sun/Mon snow event is still on.

http://www.meteociel.fr/ukmo/fax/fax48s.gif

http://www.meteociel.fr/ukmo/fax/fax60s.gif

http://www.meteociel.fr/ukmo/fax/fax72s.gif

http://www.meteociel.fr/ukmo/fax/fax84s.gif

Posted

Damn...I posted this up hoping that once I had, I'd be proven to be wrong....which I wouldn't mind at all. Now i find already the models are swinging around!

However I am getting used to being given tastes of something only for it to be taken away... this weekends prediction of heavy snow which now, as it disappears, is yet another instance.

A great winter for all that and shouldn't really complain and the rest of it is not without hope, but it gets frustrating nevertheless!

Weekend still likely to throw up some surprises. Perhaps we need to get through today and Saturday by Saturday afternoon we will get an idea of extent of Sunday.

Posted

I have a feeling UKMO will show the ppn on their next model run later on. Sky News are adamant that Sun/Mon snow event is still on.

http://www.meteociel.fr/ukmo/fax/fax48s.gif

http://www.meteociel.fr/ukmo/fax/fax60s.gif

http://www.meteociel.fr/ukmo/fax/fax72s.gif

http://www.meteociel.fr/ukmo/fax/fax84s.gif

Thank you, i find the BBC very misleading!

Posted

Posted 17 minutes ago

Yes you're right, the snow actually arrives overnight Saturday into Sunday thats why the graphics don't seem to show alot during Sunday daytime.The latest NAE model will be out soon and this will give us a better idea of how heavy the snow might be.

Edited by nick sussex