Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Once again the snow comes down, it's awfull, repetitive, damn shame on the southerly tracking jet :):) , hey ho - bang on :yahoo: !

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Looks like the snow has missed us here tonight so going to bed, goodnight all.

Posted

HU9 4RX READY TO GET A PASTING :)

It's looking good for you mate.It's coming down here a bit faster now.I was going to get an early night, but no chance after looking at the radar :yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: ☀️

Still snowing here, but got to go to bed now!!

Gonna listen to the guardian football weekly podcast on my mobi [and window watch every 10 mins!]

Good night guys n gals !!!

Edited by stevied

Posted

getting heavy a little here now! right im off to bed people! see you all in the morning :)

Posted

Evening lewis, How much snow have you had today mate?

Evening Brian,

I have continuous showers all day some of which very heavy.

A slight thaw between 11am-2pm, but the showers kept topping it up. Heavy snow showers tonight giving another 2cm's, total on the ground in back garden and on the patio is 8.2cm, and on the front on the paths, around 5.5cm maybe a little more in places, but its expected as it gets walked on and compacted.

Looking good for us tomorrow and over weekend mate, you get the camera charged up :)

Edited by Storm Force Lewis

Posted

Evening Brian,

I have continuous showers all day some of which very heavy.

A slight thaw between 11am-2pm, but the showers kept topping it up. Heavy snow showers tonight giving another 2cm's, total on the ground is back garden and on the patio is 8.2cm, and on the front on the paths, around 4.5cm maybe a little more in places, but its expected as it gets walked on and compacted.

Looking good for us tomorrow and over weekend mate, you get the camera charged up :)

Yeah, I have mate. I'm getting concerned, though, as I URGENTLY need to get to York tomorrwow and it's not looking good. After Friday, the weather can do as it likes.

Posted

Yeah, I have mate. I'm getting concerned, though, as I URGENTLY need to get to York tomorrwow and it's not looking good. After Friday, the weather can do as it likes.

Hi mate. There's been a few showers here in the last hour, and im looking forward to the next few days :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tornadoey

Moderate snow again here, Looks like a direct hit from a small shower coming off the North Sea with one more to follow behind heading in roughly the same direction. I'm Not sure we've had more than inch or so so far, but that seems to be the way here this cold snap. Slow but steady :)

Posted

Hi mate. There's been a few showers here in the last hour, and im looking forward to the next few days :)

Hi mate, glad to here you've had some more snow :yahoo: I've just taken a couple of pics which I'll upload shortly

Posted

Snow coming down very heavy now, it's backbuilding that shower near me and getting really heavy and slow moving.

Whiteout now as i type!

Hope you get too York ok tomorrow Brian, have a safe trip and be careful mate.

Time to hit the sack,

Good night all and best of luck during the early hours :D

Posted

A couple of pics from tonight

post-5487-12629140266452_thumb.jpg

post-5487-12629141014252_thumb.jpg

Thanks mate, night :)

Thats a ridiculas amount of snow mate :D Im calling it a night soon after i see what happens with this last shower approaching my area.

Posted

Thats a ridiculas amount of snow mate :D Im calling it a night soon after i see what happens with this last shower approaching my area.

I know :) That's why I'm getting concerned about it, particularly as there's more forecast for the

next few days

Night mate :)

Posted

Yeah I'm watching that shower on the radar mate. I appear to be in a bit of a gap.

WOW this is incredible how heavy it is :D flakes are massive :)

Night mate and have a safe drive later today :)

Posted

Night mate :D

There are some nice looking showers, which are out in the North sea, that appear to have my name on them. I think I'll stay up a little longer to see what happens

Posted

Looks like a small feature has developed heading into East Anglia which has sucked the life out of the weather that was heading towards us from Denmark.

Think we'll have to look to the feature coming in from the NE instead.

A fluid situation and a forecasters nightmare.

Right!! Off back to bed :(

gobby

Posted

Looks like we had a couple of light showers after the heavy ones late last night. current temp 1.3C but dew point -5.3C which has left a layer of dry powdery snow which is drifting considerably recorded a gust of 26.9mph at 04.56. It's on;y gonna get worse!

I keep looking out thinking it's snowing again only to realise it's the wind drifting the snow!

Looks like we will get more today, particularly heavy this evening. I'm at work now till 8pm so everyone enjoy! :(

Posted

morning all, currently having a few mins of heavy snow, showers are forecast today, so here is hoping. do not know weather the showers are due to be heavy or prolonged.

Edited by sparky1972