Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

2012, Magnetic Field, & Earth Climate Change

Lincs Observation

Posted

hi all

been talking about alternative theories on why we have entered a period of unusal weather patterns with my brother. Now im posting an article which in some quarters some say explains the solar minima and climate change that have been in evidence over the past few years.

Now this does not represent my ideas, however i do think some elements of this piece could provide a good discussion for all to get ones teeth in.

discuss!!

http://www.halexandr...rg/dward761.htm

LO

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

LOL i stopped reading at '... Van Allen Belts'. Didn't Van Hallen play electric guitar or something?

Posted

well i guess some of it is a bit laughable but how much are we mocking i wonder that may have an element of truth.

which ever your angle or views the whole thing is worth a few seconds of time to see if there is an element of smoke with the fire.

ohhhhhhhh to add some more petrol to the fire here is a dooooooooommmmmsday vid shok.gif

Enjoy!!!

LO

Posted

LOL i stopped reading at '... Van Allen Belts'. Didn't Van Hallen play electric guitar or something?

Hmm, Do some research and mock what is mockable. The Van Allen Belts are one of the reasons why space ships stay in quite low orbits. They are areas of quite intense radiation Details on the Van Allen Belts are here

Posted

I'll edit this at a later date and add to my comments, but my first impression is that the is too much 'mixed up' science and assumptions that cannot be proved. Mind you, this is in the week that someone said that the case for Dreams cannot be scientifically proved because you can't do anything other than relate what the dream was.

The main reason why it's disingenuous is that the core of the science is correct, but then it goes off at tangents.

Smoke without fire? Maybe, maybe not

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

I can't escape my 'O' level physics in that when you force a current to flow, through anything that isn't a 'superconductor', then the resitance produces heat.

When we get big CME impacts that trip out power lines surely the atmosphere carrying that charge is warmed? I mean lightening does a good job of heating the atmosphere doesn't it?

Posted

I can't escape my 'O' level physics in that when you force a current to flow, through anything that isn't a 'superconductor', then the resitance produces heat.

Hi Gray Wolf,

That's one of my reasons for hypothesising (SP) that the sun has a greater effect than accepted. I would have thought that some other 'great scientist' would have thought of that. But, we have a magnetic field, the sun has a magnetic field, both are rotating and the heat generated varies according to th estrength of the field. The sun's field weakens when the number of sunspots decreases

Posted

The article will be crap, I haven't read it, but the Van Allen Belts do exist.

• 3 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

Hi Gray Wolf,

That's one of my reasons for hypothesising (SP) that the sun has a greater effect than accepted. I would have thought that some other 'great scientist' would have thought of that. But, we have a magnetic field, the sun has a magnetic field, both are rotating and the heat generated varies according to th estrength of the field. The sun's field weakens when the number of sunspots decreases

The other 'biggie' that I have no answer for is the internal workings for the sun itself. Are 'sunspots' (and the EMF driving them a surface feature or do they run deeper into the sun? Does the sun have a 'mantle' (to use planetary speak) with it's own structural EMF organisation? If the 'skin' has it's 8 to 11 year cycle then what if the mantle below has a much,much longer cycle but with a large potential to impact once it starts/ ends a cycle?

We were all left uhhming and Arhing about this long solar min as we were informed that SC24 was to be another 'big one'. Now we may be looking at a mere moderate one and of shorter duration.My point being we are only now learning the sun, a few images of spots from the 18th century does not bring us much (apart from there were spots) I feel.

Posted

"These effects include everything from massive disruptions in electronic or electromagnetic communications during heightened sunspot activity to correlations between sunspot activity and popular revolutions and uprisings. In the latter case, Margaret Thatcher arrived and departed from 10 Downing Street at peak periods in the 11.25 year sunspot cycle [13]."

I'm sorry, I didn't actually read it properly. I have to admit to skimming. But this is the point where I had to stop even skimming. Sunspot activity linked to Margaret Thatcher's time in office? This kind of things destroys the credibility of those trying to genuinely look at sunspot activity in a scientific manner. "The sun made me vote Tory last time and now it's made me vote Labour!" I don't think so.....sorry.

That's not to say that I don't believe that the sun has a massive influence on us. The relationship between the sun and the earth provides the very atmosphere we are able to exist in. The whole thing, magnetism, radiation, heat, light, is obviously the main supporter and driver of global climate. But to say it influences the rise and fall of leaders of individual countries is a bit too astrological. Until a scientific basis for astrology is found this just makes the whole paper laughable really. Unless that is what the paper is trying to suggest.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Hi Gray Wolf,

Or - that some piece of highly-sensitive modern-day equipment could measure that effect?? :D

"These effects include everything from massive disruptions in electronic or electromagnetic communications during heightened sunspot activity to correlations between sunspot activity and popular revolutions and uprisings. In the latter case, Margaret Thatcher arrived and departed from 10 Downing Street at peak periods in the 11.25 year sunspot cycle [13]."

I'm sorry, I didn't actually read it properly. I have to admit to skimming. But this is the point where I had to stop even skimming. Sunspot activity linked to Margaret Thatcher's time in office? This kind of things destroys the credibility of those trying to genuinely look at sunspot activity in a scientific manner. "The sun made me vote Tory last time and now it's made me vote Labour!" I don't think so.....sorry.

That's not to say that I don't believe that the sun has a massive influence on us. The relationship between the sun and the earth provides the very atmosphere we are able to exist in. The whole thing, magnetism, radiation, heat, light, is obviously the main supporter and driver of global climate. But to say it influences the rise and fall of leaders of individual countries is a bit too astrological. Until a scientific basis for astrology is found this just makes the whole paper laughable really. Unless that is what the paper is trying to suggest.

Good post SJ. But, I think (hope??) that G-W was being ironic?? :D That said, I've about as much patience with homoeopathy, astrology and the like, as I have with the senseless witterings of Nostradamus or Ken Ring :D !

Posted

Or - that some piece of highly-sensitive modern-day equipment could measure that effect?? whistling.gif

Good post SJ. But, I think (hope??) that G-W was being ironic?? good.gif That said, I've about as much patience with homoeopathy, astrology and the like, as I have with the senseless witterings of Nostradamus or Ken Ring wallbash.gif !

Thanks, Pete :D But I didn't think it was Gray-Wolf who had posted the paper? I did click on the link to the front page of the website - this is what it says about them.... 'nuff said, methinks ;-)

"Halexandria is a Synthesis of new physics, sacred geometry, ancient and modern history, multiple universes & realities, consciousness, the Ha Qabala and ORME, extraterrestrials, corporate rule and politics, law, order and entropy, trial by jury, astronomy, monetary policy, scientific anomalies, religion and spirituality, and a whole host of other subjects ranging from astrology and astrophysics to superstrings and sonoluminesence to biblical and geologic histories to numerology, the Tarot, and creating your own reality.

(BTW, for those with Internet Explorer, ialexandriah is written in the form that shows an attempt at bridging of the Age of Pisces (i, capital H) and the Age of Aquarius (h, small i ). Otherwise the fonts don't quite translate. Sigh.) "

Posted

"Halexandria is a Synthesis of new physics, sacred geometry, ancient and modern history, multiple universes & realities, consciousness, the Ha Qabala and ORME, extraterrestrials, corporate rule and politics, law, order and entropy, trial by jury, astronomy, monetary policy, scientific anomalies, religion and spirituality, and a whole host of other subjects ranging from astrology and astrophysics to superstrings and sonoluminesence to biblical and geologic histories to numerology, the Tarot, and creating your own reality.

Sorry. I haven't spent (wasted?) too-much time with it... :whistling:

Anyhoo...What a wonderfly verbose euphemism for 'A load of cobblers' that sentence is!! :rolleyes:

Posted

Sorry. I haven't spent (wasted?) too-much time with it... whistling.gif

Anyhoo...What a wonderfly verbose euphemism for 'A load of cobblers' that sentence is!! rolleyes.gif

I particularly like "creating your own reality." If only life were that easy......

Posted

I particularly like "creating your own reality." If only life were that easy......

Aye. Angelina Jolie here I come!!! :drinks::oops:;):) :)