Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

MAF

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Precipitation is increasing across the south east but temps have jumped to nearly 2C!! , also reports of sleet aswell :lol: :lol:

Edited by neilsouth

Posted

I hope it wont be sleet on Sunday here... but then I've known there to be forecasts for sleet here before and we got snow instead. We could still be lucky :/

0C here currently. hasn't got above freezing all day.

Edited by Updraft

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: April!

Just reposting this as I only caught the end of the last thread.........

The 12Z GFS snow risk charts show a lessening of the risk for all of the south as the ppn feature comes in on Sunday. All the 90%+ figures are replaced with 60-70% ones. All those nice purples are replaced by oranges! Is this is a sign of possible marginality due to slightly higher upper temps?

I have got a gut feeling that that horrible word "sleet" is going to start appearing in forecasts for Sunday, especially for areas near the coast.

Hope I'm wrong...................

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Sod ya then :lol:

Precipitation is increasing across the south east but temps have jumped to nearly 2C!! , also reports of sleet aswell :lol: :lol:

Pay for Net-wx extra if you want them???

Can someone please remind me how you ignore certain users on the threads and their posts not show? or is this not possible?

Posted

Can someone please remind me how you ignore certain users on the threads and their posts not show? or is this not possible?

Me too. The attitude of certain posters recently stinks. Presumably because the weather isn't doing what they want they are taking it out on other people

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold & Snowy, Hot & Sunny & Thunderstorms

Sod ya then :lol:

Very harsh............. considering TEITS is only trying his best.

Their are plenty of other forums, don't let us keep you!! :lol:

Posted

Precipitation is increasing across the south east but temps have jumped to nearly 2C!! , also reports of sleet aswell :) :)

Posted

Go to the top of the forum page far right, in the dark blue bar with your username in it, at the right of that bar is a drop down arrow, click it, then in the menu that pops up, choose Manage Ignored Users.

I hope there isn't a limit tho', because I have a lot of entries in there.

I do wish people would stop quoting some people, because I still end up reading their posts.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Moderate snow still in Ipswich, some very heavy stuff out in the north sea so hopefully this stays in tact as it makes it way towards land for all us in the region : o )

Posted

snow coming down nicely atm. Big flakes too!

Edited by LeighShrimper

Posted

Just in case no one on here has looked the ECM run tonight is excellent with no sign of any breakdown

in the big freeze. During next week it increases the risk of heavy snow from the Midlands southwards

and then wants to build heights over Scandinavia again bringing in a strong northeasterly flow.

Fantastic if it verifies.

The t240 chart shows the winds are more easterly or even east/southeast still excellent chart though.

Edited by cooling climate

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

hail in herne bay now and my snow is melting :)

Yep , heavy hail here too

Posted
Do you have any lying snow? Im in zone 4 and have about 2 inches of the stuff

Yeah didn't do bad actually got a couple of inches lying.

For this event to be remembered I need to get more than feb 09 which was 14cms and even zone 1 they got 26cm apparently somewhere near oxford street.

So thats a fair bit to top actually.

Edited by Gulf Stream Hate Campaign Leader

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Just reposting this as I only caught the end of the last thread.........

The 12Z GFS snow risk charts show a lessening of the risk for all of the south as the ppn feature comes in on Sunday. All the 90%+ figures are replaced with 60-70% ones. All those nice purples are replaced by oranges! Is this is a sign of possible marginality due to slightly higher upper temps?

I have got a gut feeling that that horrible word "sleet" is going to start appearing in forecasts for Sunday, especially for areas near the coast.

Hope I'm wrong...................

I agree. I've been looking closely at the progs and there will definitely be sleet along the east coast of Scotland and northeast England on Sunday, with snow inland.

For East Anglia and the southeast there will be less modification over the North Sea and heavier precipitation, so there is less certainty of sleet near the coast, but it certainly can't be ruled out, especially late in the day. With a bit of luck Norwich should be far enough inland to escape the sleety slushy icy mush, giving me a good chance of catching up with Tyneside's current snow depths (around 15cm there now, as opposed to Norwich's 7cm).

Posted

Go to the top of the forum page far right, in the dark blue bar with your username in it, at the right of that bar is a drop down arrow, click it, then in the menu that pops up, choose Manage Ignored Users.

I hope there isn't a limit tho', because I have a lot of entries in there.

I do wish people would stop quoting some people, because I still end up reading their posts.

Cheers :)

Posted

BBC london forecast ramped their forecast for this weekend, they stated "we are keeping watch on what could be some significant snowfall,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Snow here too, as predicted by others.