Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

Was just downstairs watching the E Mids forecast, and I had to laugh. It showed snow showers tomorrow morning hitting Derbyshire Peak district going onto Brum, and Snow showers off the North Sea going south to leicester, and the forcaster actually saying, and I quote "The snow showers will spilt in 2 and go north and south of us (pointing to Nottingham on map)" rolleyes.gif

Posted

On the Northern side of Nottingham-- on Mapperley top and we have 3" of snowfall and sheet ice on all the local roads-- very trecherous indeed. The Southern and Central parts of Nottingham have fared much worse than the Northern side of Nottingham and it goes to show how localised snowfall a intensity and distribution can be.

I will also caution against ideas of 3 days of snowfall for the midlands over the weekend and Monday-- I reckon there will be a bit but lots will be of the flurry variety and will not add much to snow on the ground. I will happily be proved wrong-- I have not seen anything online or on the tv or on other types of media that suggests a midlands whiteout, so set your expectations realistically.

Posted

Excellent, we caught a pretty decent shower and there's probably an extra 2cm nowyahoo.gif

Still snowing and the roads and cars are completely white again.

YESSSS! My forecast yesterday was accurate. God bless the NMM.

Bits and pieces of snow blowing about in the wind here earlier but certainly nothing remotely intense. Later tonight could be interesting but these showers coming in off the N Sea are tending to fizzle out before reaching here.

Watch out for Sunday though. Francis Wilson is really ramping this one up, dubbing it the "deluge of snow from Poland" that will dump an "avalanche of snow on France" along the way. :rofl:

Posted

Excellent, we caught a pretty decent shower and there's probably an extra 2cm nowyahoo.gif

Still snowing and the roads and cars are completely white again.

Send some my way would you? :rofl:

Posted

Was just downstairs watching the E Mids forecast, and I had to laugh. It showed snow showers tomorrow morning hitting Derbyshire Peak district going onto Brum, and Snow showers off the North Sea going south to leicester, and the forcaster actually saying, and I quote "The snow showers will spilt in 2 and go north and south of us (pointing to Nottingham on map)" rolleyes.gif

Are you really surprised that they'll split before Nottingham? :rofl: That's really about par for the course round here! Still, you never know! Once I find out how to break the NG7 Snow Shield , of course...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Hmmm I wouldn't worry about it, you will see snow between now and Monday I would put good money on it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

On the Northern side of Nottingham-- on Mapperley top and we have 3" of snowfall and sheet ice on all the local roads-- very trecherous indeed. The Southern and Central parts of Nottingham have fared much worse than the Northern side of Nottingham and it goes to show how localised snowfall a intensity and distribution can be.

I will also caution against ideas of 3 days of snowfall for the midlands over the weekend and Monday-- I reckon there will be a bit but lots will be of the flurry variety and will not add much to snow on the ground. I will happily be proved wrong-- I have not seen anything online or on the tv or on other types of media that suggests a midlands whiteout, so set your expectations realistically.

WOW very local indeed!!!! I live like down the hill from Map-Top, in Carrington (walk up there usually to walk my dog in good weather) Back in late December, just down the road from me in Woodthorpe, they got about 2" of snow, and I got 1/2" hahahaha! I go to the park there now to enjoy the snow.. At least its not melting.

I also agree with us Notts-heads, not getting 3 days of snow. I reckon it will be a few snow showers of flurries blowing around in the air from nearby blizzards hitting areas Newark and the like, but unless we have like 50 mile an hour winds, my personal experince is that we never get the showers lasting long enough from the coast. It just doesnt happen. Need really strong wind I reckon, and even then, the shower would beover in like .58832 seconds biggrin.gif

Are you really surprised that they'll split before Nottingham? pardon.gif That's really about par for the course round here! Still, you never know! Once I find out how to break the NG7 Snow Shield ™, of course...

Didnt you say in an earlier post that you BOUGHT that snow sheild from ebay??!!! blum.gif

(omg- I just noticed your TM for NG7 Snow Sheild hahahahahahahahahahaha rofl.gif )

Posted

Around Mansfield there is about 6" of snow which is only 20 miles North of here. Yeah i expect some showers tomorrow night and then flurries on Saturday. Not got a clue about Sunday and Monday at the moment-- some light snow blowing around in the wind is what I would go for or snow drizzle!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

Can i ask . . . are you in an area which hasnt had any snow this wk? Hope you dont me askin materolleyes.gif

Posted

Around Mansfield there is about 6" of snow which is only 20 miles North of here. Yeah i expect some showers tomorrow night and then flurries on Saturday. Not got a clue about Sunday and Monday at the moment-- some light snow blowing around in the wind is what I would go for or snow drizzle!

even more insulting, Codnor got like 6" which is much closer! I watched that event on radar while smashing up my room in a fitfull rage laugh.gif

LMAO look at that snow shower dying out as it hits the LE3 snow shield...

clap.gif you've been "Notts'd"

Posted

Can anyone explain why on the BBC Weather Site Nottingham is going to get heavy snow on Saturday and Sunday but nothing Monday and Leicester gets nothing until light snow showers on Monday?? There's only 30 miles difference, what's going on??

Posted

Can anyone explain why on the BBC Weather Site Nottingham is going to get heavy snow on Saturday and Sunday but nothing Monday and Leicester gets nothing until light snow showers on Monday?? There's only 30 miles difference, what's going on??

Just take no notice of it, if it's on the 5 day forecast thing ignore it. Follow weather forecasts on TV and on here instead. My mum reckons that she saw the forecast earlier and it said heavy snow, I think she was over reacting but I think we could see some snow here on Sunday or even before that.

Posted

Didnt you say in an earlier post that you BOUGHT that snow sheild from ebay??!!! blum.gif

(omg- I just noticed your TM for NG7 Snow Sheild hahahahahahahahahahaha rofl.gif )

Did I really? :nonono: Errr... :rolleyes: ...I think it was actually an unwanted Christmas present, but nobody wanted to take it off my hands! :unknw: People these days are so ungrateful, it's a perfectly functional snowshield, I can't think why people don't want it... :rolleyes:

Because it's finally Nottingham's turn to have some fun! :angry:

Posted

LMAO whoever has net weather radar type in LE3 in the postcode zoom! I am not even kidding, the snow shield is back up and working again, it just totally murdered that shower.

Posted

Leicester moaning about no snow.

Whilst I was sitting here the other day with nowt, you lots had it pouring out and I kept my cool (just)

Notts aren't much better, it's getting rather annoying from you. I can take some moaning about lack of/no snow, but it was widely aknowledged on here that Shropshire was the unfortunate snowless county with everyone wishing us some to complete the Midlands off. I got a dusty, powdery 1.5in from it

Stop going on about it all please, enjoy the cold and snow over the weekend

Posted

LMAO look at that snow shower dying out as it hits the LE3 snow shield...

Have you got it set to full power tonight :( really melted that shower pretty quick.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

If you read my post it clearly says 3" (inches)???

Oh right it just sounded like a very fustrated post thats all . I was wrong ,

As for this wkend , im expecting loads , each member can think what they want , and thats up2 them , goin by what the bbc is saying and the -10uppers and low pressure to the east and then south , with a strong east wind , it says it all .

Posted

Did I really? :( Errr... :help: ...I think it was actually an unwanted Christmas present, but nobody wanted to take it off my hands! :) People these days are so ungrateful, it's a perfectly functional snowshield, I can't think why people don't want it... :help:

Because it's finally Nottingham's turn to have some fun! :help:

The bbc local weather sites are totally useless , for example they showed Leicester getting pounded all afternoon and I personally haven't seen a single shower . I have never seen a correct local forecast , for example it says Leicester has clear skys on Sunday , unyet all the Models show Leicester having heavy Snow showers all day.

Whilst I was sitting here the other day with nowt, you lots had it pouring out and I kept my cool (just)

Notts aren't much better, it's getting rather annoying from you. I can take some moaning about lack of/no snow, but it was widely aknowledged on here that Shropshire was the unfortunate snowless county with everyone wishing us some to complete the Midlands off. I got a dusty, powdery 1.5in from it

You kept your cool on Tuesday ??? You was posting your anger every 2 minutes all day. Don't worry you are in prime spot to get anything from any eventual breakdown.

Posted

Llangollen, Welshpool got 8in-10in. Birmingham got more, Worcester got a bucket load.

And a breakdown never comes off for me

I wasn't having a pop, it's just repetative and dull

I did say 'just' aswell

Posted

In my garden there is no more than 1.5, and I am in Leicester. But I really would like a bit more so I don't have to do the school run just for one day. Is that so bad???