Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North East England Cold Spell Dicussion

Posted

Pterry much what I think, could be over you, if it doesn't burn out, by about 10ish???

Good answer haha. At least I'm getting to grips with things now. The futureradar seems to think it'll make its way over land anyway. Hopefully the wind will stop completely when it gets above my house lol.

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

Getting a nice bit of back build on that band coming in, looks to be on target for hitting Tyne & Wear, hope it makes it inland for you lads.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

The band of snow is stretching from Berwick to York...and its just about to make land... Some red patches mixed in hopefully heading in my direction :wallbash:

Posted

will it or wont it lol

http://www.sat24.com/gb

a tad too far south for my liking.we may catch a smidge of it,but tomommorw still looks like the day to me.

I was thinking that but if you look at the futureradar when it jumps from 2115 to 2130 the north end seems to pick up a bit. Have faith!

What time tomorrow do you think btw?

Edited by davyf

Posted

Good answer haha. At least I'm getting to grips with things now. The futureradar seems to think it'll make its way over land anyway. Hopefully the wind will stop completely when it gets above my house lol.

Its homing in like a wall of fire.:p

I can here someone a couple of streets away revving the stots off their car,the car door slams,then i hear the shovel again.

Edited by Cloud 10

Posted

Amazing that just a few miles south we have had nothing over the last few days. I wonder if we may get a covering tonight?

Posted

the eastern component is clearly visible on the sat pic now.

it's gunna be bitter tonight.

Its homing in like a wall of fire.:p

I can here someone a couple of streets away revving the stots off their car,the car door slams,then i hear the shovel again.

lol it's been like that all day here.

there's some deep reds amongst that lot. but they seem to be backing off the leading edge as it nears land.

Posted

I think the only risk now is the band fizzling out as it approaches land. There's a small blob south of Sunderland in front of the main band which is struggling to make it onto land, hopefully the main band has enough intensity to make it all the way.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

Were is my snow ? that band it was heading straight towards me

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

it's gunna fizzle you can see it fragmenting already lol.

Don't know what you're looking at Peter but I can't see any signs of it weakening at all even on the 21:00 update.

If anything it's fattening up a little, as long as it doesn't weaken too much we could get a fair bit of snow from this.

Posted

How's it looking for Newcastle on the latest update?

Very good, same goes for the whole NE really.

The closer you are to the coast the less chance you have of it weakening before it hits you. I would be very surprised now if places within 10 miles of the coast don't get heavy snow. Further inland we'll have to keep an eye on the radar but still should get some snow.

Looks like around 30-45 minutes until it reaches Newcastle.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

How long till it arrives in Teeside?

Posted

I'm still nervous it has to be said, it could easily weaken and all we get is light snow which when you think what it is at the moment would be dissapointing.

This looks like a trough to me and going by the BBC graphics earlier, it should not really weaken in theory.

Posted

I'm still nervous it has to be said, it could easily weaken and all we get is light snow which when you think what it is at the moment would be dissapointing.

This looks like a trough to me and going by the BBC graphics earlier, it should not really weaken in theory.

it is a trough, i saw it on the look north forecast - it showed as occluded front, maybe explain the rise in temp?

Posted

There's certainly an organising feature creating this band which gives me hope, different to the scattered showers from previous days.

Posted

Thanks MCT.. we've got best part of a foot where i live already. Am truly amazed public transport has held up so far.. wonder if this is the straw that'll break the camels back..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

How's it looking for Newcastle on the latest update?

Superb. There is a high intensity area with 'Newcastle' written on it. I hope it stops over here and dumps the whole lot as although there is 6" here we have missed alot of snow chances compared to north and south of here. My dad in morpeth got 4" just last night to top up the 7" already there and we totally missed that. We deserve it!!!

Posted

This is going to be interesting.

My Mams taking my Dad to work now in Gateshead cos his car is awful in snow. I'm going in case we have problems to help out.