Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North East England Cold Spell Dicussion

Posted

Well i'm lost for words, I have 1 foot of snow in the back garden and the blizzards and drifting snow is unreal, never seen anything like this, been like this constant for about 2 - 3 hours non stop, %7Boption%7Dhttp://forumcache.netweather.

Indeed clevelands turn for the snow and with the wind so light if u r lucky enough to catch theses showers they are potent and slow moving i was around clevalnd today and there are some huge differences in snow depths between the coast and inland measured in inches and thats just a few miles.

With the wind so light the showers are fading very quickly when making landfall yesterday they were there and cbs were present but very little made it even just a few miles inland ,i would imagine with the snow now falling heavily in middlesbrough that the slight pick up in the wind today is starting to bring these showers further in ;places like darlington will stuggle to get these showers but if they do make it expect a few cms at least and more if you are unlucky

Posted

very childish :drinks:

Oh well, I tried, obviously what little sence of humour i did have, failed too pleased you. I suppose people say i look like my dad so maybe that is where my grumpyness is coming from?

I agree Alza although temps should remain below freezing regardless. One encouragment thus far is the lumpy shower clouds in the North Sea is heading our way, so this could be the showery weather that is being predicted by tomorrow morning?

Posted

Oh well, I tried, obviously what little sence of humour i did have, failed too pleased you. I suppose people say i look like my dad so maybe that is where my grumpyness is coming from?

I agree Alza although temps should remain below freezing regardless. One encouragment thus far is the lumpy shower clouds in the North Sea is heading our way, so this could be the showery weather that is being predicted by tomorrow morning?

it didn't come from me lol.

http://www.whatismatt.com/images/vic.jpg

Posted

Just got some cans of cider out of the boot of the car. Refreshingly slushy straight out of Mother Nature's fridge :drinks:

Edited by davyf

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

The fact is neither you, anyone on here or even the meto can predict exactly where the showers will make land tonight. ATM for our region, we have a band of showers which, yes are breaking up, but they are still heading this way. Take a look at the weather reports on BBC and SKY news...Both are predicting the showers to transfer to the TW and N'Land reigions.

Posted

The fact is neither you, anyone on here or even the meto can predict exactly where the showers will make land tonight. ATM for our region, we have a band of showers which, yes are breaking up, but they are still heading this way. Take a look at the weather reports on BBC and SKY news...Both are predicting the showers to transfer to the TW and N'Land reigions.

spot on there :drinks:

Posted

it didn't come from me lol.

http://www.whatismatt.com/images/vic.jpg

tbh, i prefer too look like him than my dad. :good:

Obviously but unless it peps up, then maybe the best we can look forward 2 is light snow? Probably won't be worth watching but something too look forward i suppose.

I'm sorry if i sound miserable but you have to be realistic and you be deluded if you think the radar looks promising. You can have all those fancy graphics showing snow and all that but if the radar is not playing ball then it means very little.

GFS PPN charts looks a bit more promising but i would think tomorrow is our best chance imo.

Saying all that, we just simply don't know what will happen, so it is a case of watching the radar.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

Wonderfull here :D Just got in from a snowball fight :good: so far today... 1:30-4:30 snow and then 5:45-till now and still going... this is brilliant! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Wonderfull here :angry: Just got in from a snowball fight :cray: so far today... 1:30-4:30 snow and then 5:45-till now and still going... this is brilliant! :)

Well its taken a week but you've finally got your snow :cray:

Still 8-9 inches or so on the grass here, would love a good top up to bring it to a foot! Can't see it happening myself mind, tomorrow looks a bit uninspiring then next week there could be a thaw dry.gif

Posted

tbh, i prefer too look like him than my dad. :cray:

Obviously but unless it peps up, then maybe the best we can look forward 2 is light snow? Probably won't be worth watching but something too look forward i suppose.

I'm sorry if i sound miserable but you have to be realistic and you be deluded if you think the radar looks promising. You can have all those fancy graphics showing snow and all that but if the radar is not playing ball then it means very little.

GFS PPN charts looks a bit more promising but i would think tomorrow is our best chance imo.

Saying all that, we just simply don't know what will happen, so it is a case of watching the radar.

no probs GS,it could be that we already have enough up here.so i appreciate the thoughts and opinions of those at lower levels.

Posted

I'm going to straw clutch a little here but there is a skinny band just to the east of Sunderland which has developed and has intensifed slightly. It might Durham/Tyne & Wear, it might not. Something too look out for i suppose.

Its not that i don't have enough snow(i have plenty in the garden and the street) but it is a little frustrating when you see PPN 15 miles away too you, which then misses you, hits another place and when it does look like it will head in your direction, there is very little left on it.

I suppose there is no point of moaning about it but when you get lengthy cold spells like this and you see the end in sight, you really want to make the most of any snow opportunities as possible.

Edited by Geordiesnow

Posted

I can't believe it. Everywhere north of me got battered, now everywhere east of me has got battered, with the shower activity progged to transfer north overnight.

The current stuff over Teesside is heading my way although diminishing somewhat and I expect I'll get 10 minutes of snow, but where I feel I've missed out is heavy and prolonged snow. We've got a decent enough cover but it's all been from showers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

I'm going to straw clutch a little here but there is a skinny band just to the east of Sunderland which has developed and has intensifed slightly. It might Durham/Tyne & Wear, it might not. Something too look out for i suppose.

Never noticed that, it's exploded on the radar in the last couple of updates.

Certainly something to watch, Sunderland could get a pasting.

EDIT: Still building on it's back edge, looks like a potentially excellent streamer which could give a few inches in a short space of time!

Posted

I can't believe it. Everywhere north of me got battered, now everywhere east of me has got battered, with the shower activity progged to transfer north overnight.

The current stuff over Teesside is heading my way although diminishing somewhat and I expect I'll get 10 minutes of snow, but where I feel I've missed out is heavy and prolonged snow. We've got a decent enough cover but it's all been from showers.

lol, and tomorrow the dog will eat your winning lottery ticket!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

The NE Scotland band has pepped up on its southern edge and is heading right for Newcastle. If the rest pepps up the same way....GAME ON