Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North East England Cold Spell Dicussion

Posted
  • Location: Near Stocksfield, Northumberland @ 850ft 25miles from north sea

That picture of the snow near slayly is epic.

The snow there was over 4 foot deep. Makes my gardens 22 inches look like a dusting. The local farmers round here have cleared all the major roads without the councils help.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

As the wind veers easterly I expect the showers out in the North Sea to come your way tonight.

Posted

looks quite a potent one out to sea.

everything seems to be happening out at sea though. Do u reckon it'll move inland?

Posted

-5.4 here and thats todays max so far! If the showers out to sea move in and hit us it will make it well over 2 foot of snow lying here. If it clears before midnight I would put money on -10 or lower here and maybe -8 or lower in Newcastle!

If you compare the 14.00 to the 14.30 all the showers look to have moved to the east. Is that easterly kicking in just in time?

Edited by tynevalleywinter

Posted

everything seems to be happening out at sea though. Do u reckon it'll move inland?

they seem to be fizzling out as they hit land.still all to play for though.

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

I can see the shower clouds just off the coast, but they have been there all day waning back and forth, all to play for in the next few hours.

Looks like the North east will get a pasting. More convection happening 100 mile out some big showers amongst that area.

post-5386-12628777683852_thumb.gif

Wow thats one 'ell of an icicle Davy.. I'd ask the people who live there if i could cut that down and stick it in a freezer, best take it down to ya local butchers only walk-in-freezers could accommodate that monsta'..!!

Edited by NL

Posted

I can see the shower clouds just off the coast, but they have been there all day waning back and forth, all to play for in the next few hours.

Looks like the North east will get a pasting. More convection happening 100 mile out some big showers amongst that area.

Hope ya right. I've enjoyed my day off from work today and would quite happily take another one tomorrow.

Posted

Wow thats one 'ell of an icicle Davy.. I'd ask the people who live there if i could cut that down and stick it in a freezer, best take it down to ya local butchers only walk-in-freezers could accomodate that monsta'..!!

Aye it's a belter. The freezer in the warehouse at work runs at -27 but I don't know when I'm gonna be able to get there - such a shame lol.

It made me laugh before when I was reading some of the threads covering the South. People on there were reporting icicles up to 4 or 5" long!!!!!

Posted

-9.3º here!

hope yas got plenty firewood OON.

Davy go on the Hexham webcam,it's gone a bit mad on timelapse and shows the system that rattled through yesterday.

Posted

hope yas got plenty firewood OON.

Davy go on the Hexham webcam,it's gone a bit mad on timelapse and shows the system that rattled through yesterday.

On the Hexham Courant website ya mean? It's showing the current time for me.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

No showers overnight and today are any coming?