Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Well another amazing day of this winter here, heavy snowfall here this morning, which gave a good dumping. Snowing again this evening and absolutely no sign of a credible breakdown in sight - great stuff! :cold:

I do love these 'cold and dry' and 'marginal' situations!! :p

Well done. :cold: Here in the North we had heavy snow this morning but little else since. Fingers crossed tonight.:good:

Edited by hobbielancie

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

To those that think east kent have had enough snow

Here north of canterbury most of the roads are clear and all i hear is drip drip drip , it's not snowing enough to really give an impact here :cold: :cold:

Just looked at the 12Z NMM which has been the star model in recent days.

Thing is TEITS you talk about the 12Z NMM day after day but i've yet to see any pictures posted to show others on this forum

Edited by neilsouth

Posted

Not sure what's happening with the temps here in the Medway area, seem to be bouncing from +0.2 to +0.7, warmest it's been all day. However the windchill is making it feel the coldest all day.....lol! cold.gif

Manston is now +1.2C dry.gif

Posted

Hey,

Everyone thats had a lot of snow can you all blow anymore snow that you get to me and other that have only had a little so far (we only have 1"), pleaseee lol. :cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: April!

Just posted this in the model thread but thought it worth adding here too:

The 12Z GFS snow risk charts show a lessening of the risk for all of the south as the ppn feature comes in on Sunday. All the 90%+ figures are replaced with 60-70% ones. All those nice purples are replaced by oranges! Is this is a sign of possible marginality due to slightly higher upper temps?

I have got a gut feeling that that horrible word "sleet" is going to start appearing in forecasts for Sunday, especially for areas near the coast.

Hope I'm wrong.....................

Posted

Just posted this in the model thread but thought it worth adding here too:

The 12Z GFS snow risk charts show a lessening of the risk for all of the south as the ppn feature comes in on Sunday. All the 90%+ figures are replaced with 60-70% ones. All those nice purples are replaced by oranges! Is this is a sign of possible marginality due to slightly higher upper temps?

I have got a gut feeling that that horrible word "sleet" is going to start appearing in forecasts for Sunday, especially for areas near the coast.

Hope I'm wrong.....................

Thats worrying. In North Norfolk so might be ok here.:lol:

Posted

To those that think east kent have had enough snow

Here north of canterbury most of the roads are clear and all i hear is drip drip drip , it's not snowing enough to really give an impact here :lol: :lol:

Thing is TEITS you talk about the 12Z NMM day after day but i've yet to see any pictures posted to show others on this forum

I have posted some. However as these are included with NW Extra subscription I don't want to risk getting into trouble with Paul.

At least appreciate that im making the effort in telling you what it says. I was going to make a detailed post about the NMM but I don't think I will bother now!