Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Probably the most incredible day I can remember. -13.2 last night, high of -3.1 today and not a cloud in sight. Truely a day I'll never forget and probably won't see for a long time again. Such a beautiful time to be out and about.

Edited by yido

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

It's plummeting - now it's -10.5º.

I know I'm boring!

No keep us posted! If you don't reach -15c I will be disappointed, what is your lowest ever temp?

Posted
  • Location: Shortlands, Nr Bromley, Kent (could be Greater London, never quite sure!)
  • Location: Shortlands, Nr Bromley, Kent (could be Greater London, never quite sure!)

What do the experts in here think about this weekend's forecast snow event for the whole of the South? I've just seen Francis on Sky who seems to think it'll be bad but he did say "it might not happen" at the end of the broadcast. The Met suggest tentatively that it will happen. Metcheck (am I allowed to say that in here? :cold: ) are saying that it will be an all day sleet event - at least for my postcode.

Anyone?

DS

PS England boys nearly threw it away again :cold:

Posted

It's well and truly the Day after tomorrow here ice age stuff. Well, the coldest since February 1991.

Maximum temperature so far today -1.4c. Currently -2.3c.

I'm coming down to Reading next Friday, reckon your snow will survive that long?

Posted

It's plummeting - now it's -10.5º.

I know I'm boring!

Not in the least boring.

I am actually lost for words. The temperature should obviously drop off even faster as the sun goes down as you indicated in an earlier post. shok.gifcold.gif Definitely keep us posted.

Edited by winterman

Posted

No one seems to know what will happen with Sunday's "event". I don't think anyone should get their hopes up at all about this event and just forget about it. That way, you'll get a nice surprise if it does indeed turn up.

Sometimes its good not to obsess.

Posted

No keep us posted! If you don't reach -15c I will be disappointed, what is your lowest ever temp?

If you (and Winterman) insist!

It's now -11º!

My lowest ever temperature was -13.5º this morning! Before that, it was -12.2º on the 4th, and before that it was just under -11º in 2005.

Don't forget, you can link to my website (in my signature) for minute by minute updates. Many do (n't).

Posted

I'm coming down to Reading next Friday, reckon your snow will survive that long?

I'll probably be a frozen wasteland unless we get more powdered stuff. Perhaps you could tie a grinding mechanism on the back of your car as your coming down, churning the ice and snow up from the roads. Be a better result then the sorry state the council have done with the roads!

Posted

It's now -11º!

My lowest ever temperature was -13.5º this morning! Before that, it was -12.2º on the 4th, and before that it was just under -11º in 2005.

Don't forget, you can link to my website (in my signature) for minute by minute updates. Many do (n't).

Ah thanks for that, my website only has 15 minute updates, stuck in the dark ages...

Posted

It's now -11º!

Thanks OON - will keep an eye on your website. good.gif

Posted

OON has now reached -12.1c, it's not even 5pm, that really is exceptional, astonishing, incredible - even those words don't adequately sum it up!

Edit: He beat me to it ;)

Edited by nick2702

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

Found this and thought you might like to see it, lovely sight! :drinks:post-9962-12628836230252_thumb.jpg

Posted

Found this and thought you might like to see it, lovely sight! :drinks:post-9962-12628836230252_thumb.jpg

Love it, saved it onto my PC, thanks for that.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Tropical at -1.7C here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

Posted this elsewhere, it may be deemed off topic on this thread but i thought it was worth sharing...

post-9962-12628850896052_thumb.jpg

Great sight! :cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, warm sunny summers,

Posted this elsewhere, it may be deemed off topic on this thread but i thought it was worth sharing...

post-9962-12628850896052_thumb.jpg

Great sight! :crazy:

Fantastic pic Jezzer, dont think ive ever seen anything like it & will probably be a long time before we do again (who knows?) :pardon:

Where did you get it from?

Posted

Fantastic pic Jezzer, dont think ive ever seen anything like it & will probably be a long time before we do again (who knows?) :clap:

Where did you get it from?

Press Association pic that I found at work, we get a feed of agency pics here. Love seeing Britain covered in white! :unsure:

Posted

A Met Office spokesman said: "There will be more snow showers over the next few days but there will be a major snowfall on Sunday or Monday of between 10 and 20cm. There is little to suggest much change for 10 to 14 days."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/another-two-weeks-of-the-big-freeze-still-to-come-1860134.html