Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

many thanks to those who have already replied but for those who have been out and may not have seen my request re the snow yesterday:-

morning folks

Yet another favour from me PLEASE?

would you mind giving me, again I know, your snow depths from yesterday only IF you can differentiate from any previous fall.

I'd be grateful for any pm's along with your post code as well.

Many thanks if you can do that-and PLEASE try not to exaggerate, as with a detailed report

a) it will be obvious and

your report might well not appear when I EVENTUALLY get round to writing up this snowfall.

very many thanks.

With the permission of the two mods in this area if I may I'll repeat this until it seems I have most reports in?

thanks

John

Posted

Please continue :)

Its cold and it's snowing.... Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Temp of -3.1C at the moment and a dew point of -3.2

Think we might be in for a really cold one. It's so nice to get these temperatures and have a clear view.

Posted

Its cold and it's snowing.... Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Temp of -3.1C at the moment and a dew point of -3.2

Think we might be in for a really cold one. It's so nice to get these temperatures and have a clear view.

Very cold here, my temp and dew is in me sig :)

Posted

We have had a few light showers this evening but nothing to heavy. Temp is below freezing at the minute which is an improvement on last night here. Radar not looking that exciting just yest for us here in north lincs, I ve a brother in Newcastle and he says hes got over a foot of snow. Not suprised given that its hammering it down there at the minute.

Posted

Cheers east Leeds fellas.

Even now from my conservatory the city centre has disappeared again under a white glow and you guys are getting it big.

Can't complain wth the 23cm here though...laugh.gif

Posted

Currently having light snow shower here, the radar had also picked up a lot more shower activity in the last 30 mins or so. Current temp -1 with -4 dew temp.

Posted

havent been on here for a number of days, but cannot get over this snow and the cold so far this winter. unbelievable, yesterday we got sent home from 6th form/school and the snow on the ground covered your feet as you walked in it and the snow on the grass was around 20 cm deep in my garden and the snow has drifted alot too. i walked home after 6th form got shut yesterday and i walked through a footpath whic is seperated by wonderful fields and scenary and on the sides of the footpath the snow was brilliant, it was all blown to the sides and it really did pile up. i havent seen anything like it and the snow is thicker than that of feb 09. i also woke up to find the front of my house breeding more and more icicles. yesterday there was only few and now they have breeded and grown. bless them lol.clap.gif

3486amc.jpg

Edited by snowlover2009

Posted

A partly cloudy day here with occasional snow showers. The roads werent too bad this morning but by the journey home from work this evening they had frozen solid. The temperature has also started to plummet in the last hour or so. Now -3.0C after a max today of 1.9C. The dewpoint is -6.7C signalling the cold air from the east.

Theres still 3.5cm of snow at the moment. It did suffer from slight thawing and compacting overnight as the temperature increased but has been topped up by the few heavy showers today. We're now onto our 13th day of lying snow by the Metoffice definition this winter, which is more than the last five winters (2004/05 - 2008/09) put together!

Posted

A Weird thing just happened.

We had a snow shower about an hour ago which topped up our 7 inches with a further quarter of an inch. Just been outside and not a cloud in view but its snowing from nothing !

Can see the stars etc but shiny small crystals are falling moderately. Never ever seen anything like it before biggrin.gif

Posted

A Weird thing just happened.

We had a snow shower about an hour ago which topped up our 7 inches with a further quarter of an inch. Just been outside and not a cloud in view but its snowing from nothing !

Can see the stars etc but shiny small crystals are falling moderately. Never ever seen anything like it before biggrin.gif

Fairy dust? :cold:

PS Thats one big streamer off the south coast............ :D

Edited by gobbyash

Posted

Theres our low

Actually a fair bit further North than the GFS showed and other models..

http://www.sat24.com/scan

Do you think it may stay on that more northerly course? .... Is there anything from stopping the system from pushing ppn inland as alot of forecasts seem to have the ppn hitting about 20-30 miles inland and just slipping southwards and exiting once more.

Posted

Theres our low

Actually a fair bit further North than the GFS showed and other models..

http://www.sat24.com/scan

That looks to me like its starting to move slightly SW towards the humber. Its the one look North are worried about i believe followed by concern over a similar event on Sunday.Current conditions: -3°CRealfeel®-9°C Partly Cloudy Humidity: 80% Dew Point: -5° C Pressure: 1010 mb Visibility: 16 km LO

Edited by Lincs Observation

Posted

keep getting little showers hitting here!

At last we have hit 6"

We have had a total of 5cms of new snow this evening from those showers missing Leedspost-7734-12628165326752_thumb.jpgpost-7734-12628165579452_thumb.jpgpost-7734-12628165980152_thumb.jpg

Posted

still just 1cm here after barely anything falling since saturday. and the forecasts seem to be going fo nothing but a sleety mix here tomorrow :fool:

Posted

Quite a few little streamers popping up in the last half hour.

post-5042-12628168169552_thumb.png

Posted

Do you think it may stay on that more northerly course? .... Is there anything from stopping the system from pushing ppn inland as alot of forecasts seem to have the ppn hitting about 20-30 miles inland and just slipping southwards and exiting once more.

I must admit it's a nice developing low, it's detail on the satellites is fantastic. It's actually deepening more than i thought.

It will sink southwards, and if its sinks SW then bingo :fool:

lewis

Posted

I must admit it's a nice developing low, it's detail on the satellites is fantastic. It's actually deepening more than i thought.

It will sink southwards, and if its sinks SW then bingo tease.gif

lewis

I hope it gets far enough inland to affect me but that seems very unlikely ... but hopefully it will be far enough north to give your area a good amount ... as you seem to have missed out on the bigger totals yesterday. Good luck !

Posted

Just seen Paul Hudson on BBC Look North he is hinting at the possibility of disruption in Lincolnshire due to snow and strengthening winds causing drifting, also the snow could push in land as the day wears on.LO

Posted

Just seen Paul Hudson on BBC Look North he is hinting at the possibility of disruption in Lincolnshire due to snow and strengthening winds causing drifting, also the snow could push in land as the day wears on.LO

It seemed to me to be south lincolnshire ,although he said there was a lot of uncertainty for the low.