Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Just watched Look East and it reckons snow showers for me tomorrow, but the met office site says sunny and it was allegedly updated at 19.01

Need to give my daughter advice on travelling and not sure what to say

Any ideas?

Cheers

Don't be fooled by that, it was updated at 12:53. I know what you mean though, they craftily say it updates at 1 min past every hour, but when you look at the map of the whole region it still says 12:53.

Posted

Off to see her friend in Chatteris then on the bus to Cambridge and home again.

Just don't want her to have a crap day stuck on buses when she doesn't need to bother

Just seems such a huge conflict in forecasts especially as the MetO has updated so recently

Posted

Just watched Look East and it reckons snow showers for me tomorrow, but the met office site says sunny and it was allegedly updated at 19.01

Need to give my daughter advice on travelling and not sure what to say

Any ideas?

Cheers

You are more likely to get snow Tomorrow in your area. Somebody else on here would be able to give you a better forecast though.:drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Well, what a day of snow! No way I could get into work this morning and now have about 8/9 inches of lying snow, almost matching the depths of last February. Snow finally stopped about an hour ago after nearly 24 hours of continuous snowfall, although much of it was fairly light/moderate today with the odd heavier burst. Temperatures falling away now... Hope to see some more snow before this cold spell ends - yes I am greedy, but that's the way it is! :drinks:

Head 15 miles down the A3 to Hindhead, take the Haslemere turn off at the lights and continue down to Fernhurst/Midhurst/Cocking — I've just done the 24 hr Accumulation button and they've had about 38 cms (just under 15") at my old postcode — the traffic directions are of course theoretical, I doubt whether the road's open past Friday's Hill, Fernhurst.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

This is great....anyone know how long this is going to go on for here in Herne Bay?...about another 2cms now :drinks:

An hr maybe , not long i'm afraid :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Tomorrow seems like its getting upgraded steadily, wouldn't be all that surprised for places to get between 5-8cms, the key thing this time is there shouldn't be much marginality because the winds are coming in from the NW at lower levels, so the showers rotate around the low, entering near the Wash then swinging down through EA+SE...

I'll have to keep an eye for that, esp if it comes early enough to be an issue for my journey...

Do you have a link to the latest NAE precip charts for tomorrow?

Posted

Do you think this could get as far as MK then ? I didn't think we were due anymore untill Friday at the earliest !

Check the satellite loop tomorrow morning but odds look like the PPN will start somewhere around the Wash near TEITS and then anywhere in a S/SE direction. So MK could get something.

Do you have a link to the latest NAE precip charts for tomorrow?

I wouldn't bother with these. Check the satellite loop and radar tomorrow morning.

Edited by Wayneywoo

Posted

Snow almost stopped now. 8 cm of fresh snow just west of Maidstone. Temp just dropped below freezing. Perfect.

Mark.

Posted

It could get colder than I thought here, -4.9c already and dropping like a stone.

Mind, night before last it was -6.6c at 11pm then gradually rose until it steadied at -4c for the rest of the night.

Posted

Check the satellite loop tomorrow morning but odds look like the PPN will start somewhere around the Wash near TEITS and then anywhere in a S/SE direction. So MK could get something.

What do you think for us Wayney?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

2.3CM and still snowing! :drinks::clap:

Posted

A quick qestion ...

Do the MET office really take much care in placing their symbols on local weather forcasts ?

They never really get it right, now for example the symbol is light snow ... well I beg to differ lol ...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wintry and stormy weather

About 4cm has fallen here in low-lying Weald this evening - not bad! Dread to think what it's like in Cranbrook etc because they had 8cm already before this evening's snowfall

Where are you MW? Marden area?

Posted

What do you think for us Wayney?

Saint, looking at the projected route for this system tomorrow, I would hazard a guess of maybe 3-6cm.

I had so much trouble trying to sleep last night thinking about what we might get and being in the sweet spot. Different tonight, nothing gonna happen so get a good nights sleep and we'll see what tomorrow brings. :drinks:

Edited by Wayneywoo

Posted

Snow almost stopped now. 8 cm of fresh snow just west of Maidstone. Temp just dropped below freezing. Perfect.

Mark.

Still going up here, small flakes but plenty of them.