Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

More heavy snow to come here from Maidstone way, going to be over 10cm by the time this lot clears later. Chaos on the roads in the morning as this freezes in the early hours, for those who are brave enough to drive.

Chaos now,let alone the morning, A227 Shipbourne rd is lethal :D

Posted

Take it you got back from work to sunny Clacton okay ??

Yes thanks, left at midday because the first band was dissolving and the second was en route. Timed it perfectly!

Clacton was pretty much snowless when I arrived (compared to Brentwood etc) but now has plenty! Thinking of taking a snow day tomorrow.... :D

Posted

gone quite on here now..think thats it for now..east kent is getting whats left of it, it will soon be over boys..then its a frosty night, then we wait for 2mrws sun warmth to get the showers going again

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Why is it ...

When you say , HEAVY SNOW it stops

When you say , It's dieing i'm not happy IT Goes into whiteout mode?

:) :) :)

EDIT : Blizzard Like conditions!! :):D

Edited by neilsouth

Posted

Yeah Saint. I think, as Kold said earlier, tomorrow looks good, definitely a nice top up there. I reckon max another 10cms somewhere in the SE.

We shall see...

Edited by Wayneywoo

Posted

Well, what a day of snow! No way I could get into work this morning and now have about 8/9 inches of lying snow, almost matching the depths of last February. Snow finally stopped about an hour ago after nearly 24 hours of continuous snowfall, although much of it was fairly light/moderate today with the odd heavier burst. Temperatures falling away now... Hope to see some more snow before this cold spell ends - yes I am greedy, but that's the way it is! :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather of any type.

That's my thinking as well..

Have spent the day salting little old lady's paths in Stelling Minnis, Hawkinge, Etchinghill, Elham, Farthing Common. All the minor roads connecting these are passable with care in a 4x4 (and even then we slid backwards on a few hills!). Good covering everywhere! Good enough to sledge (well, wheelie bin lid) anywhere there's a slope. Best slope was Telly Tubby Hill outside the school in Hawkinge.... Wheeee!

Coming home from work, half way down towards Folkestone from Hawkinge, the snow suddenly disappeared. Nothing at all here in town! Everywhere looks so drab!

Laz

Posted

Snow still falling and temp dropped by around 0.5c in the last hour. Snow now blowing off roofs and cars and powdery to touch. At last, dry snow. Waited a few years for that here. 4 inches now and it hasn't finished yet!!

James

Posted

Light Snow down here in Folkestone. Is this it?

No thats what i thought aswell , it starts coming down as heavy snizzle then it dumps it on you! :lol:

Posted

Snowing very lightly in Dover... looking at the radar the main stuff is still a few miles away so this must be the cloud ahead of it giving us a little?

Posted

2v11ahu.jpg

16gzj7r.jpg

35lt4wg.jpg

w19ovs.jpg

from retron/two

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow, and lovely summer Sun

No thats what i thought aswell , it starts coming down as heavy snizzle then it dumps it on you! rofl.gif

very nice gt the light stuff and slowly getting heavyer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Looking at the latest NAE run, I reckon the snow could be quite persistent Thursday for our areas.

Do you think this could get as far as MK then ? I didn't think we were due anymore untill Friday at the earliest !

Posted

Maidstone Weather do you think this kink could give us some more snow we already have 9cms here the 17 year old son and 20 year old daughter have digressed to children and have messed up my lovely white garden. lol i could do with some more to smooth it out again. lol

Edited by Snow Queen one

Posted

Just watched Look East and it reckons snow showers for me tomorrow, but the met office site says sunny and it was allegedly updated at 19.01

Need to give my daughter advice on travelling and not sure what to say

Any ideas?

Cheers

Posted

Just watched Look East and it reckons snow showers for me tomorrow, but the met office site says sunny and it was allegedly updated at 19.01

Any ideas?

Cheers

Where is she travelling from and to that would help to narrow down the advice. There are may people who will help on here i am sure.

Posted

Heavy Snizzle , 2cm on the car and roads,grass.. MORE snow on top of the previous fall the other night :drinks:

Posted

Maidstone Weather do you think this kink could give us some more snow we already have 9cms here the 17 year old son and 20 year old daughter have digressed to children and have messed up my lovely white garden. lol i could do with some more to smooth it out again. lol

lol not sure. The snow I keep getting tracks southwestwards from Faversham area. You are further north than me so you need to look at the Sittingbourne area and see how that moves.

Posted

Any ideas?

Cheers

If shes travelling in Cambridgeshire and this part of EA then you should warn her about the possible risk of snow