Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Anyone got a clue why my location is like the only place in the entire region not to get settling snow???

Just what is going on with this?

I'm sooo annoyed right now lol!

Your not alone Kold, been waiting patiently , watching radar and it's just totally bypassing us. Fun and games :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

Woke in Bas today to find about an inch at the most, throughout the day we have had the odd flurry with a slight melting on pavements, however last half hour OMG its chucking it down, massive flakes and settling now fast, ive got to go to work in an hours time and will finish at 10pm, not driving will be car sharing tonight. Any ideas on roughly what we should expect to see in the next few hours in Basildon anyone please? would hate to be stranded at work!!!! thanks

Posted

kold. Even here its bucketing down. All surfaces white. Huge flakes. Best snow since 17th dec.

The precip is far heavier further east, thats why there is the difference, its no more then that I suspect and in the heavier precip you'll be getting slightly colder temps, its the difference between settling snow and snowfall that is helping add to the melt!

Posted

yes indeed it is - heavy snow now between lenham & charing

The heavier stuff looks like its just arriving here now.

BTW welcome to the forum :whistling:

Posted

Anyone got a clue why my location is like the only place in the entire region not to get settling snow???

It's the Lakeside effect, go tell them to turn off their heating in the Mall, that should help!

Sorry no idea at all, you could of course "Blame it on the Boogie" lol

Posted

Im just a lurker from Thurrock the same as Kold. its been pretty miserable here after all the build up, it's been snowing on and off all day but now we have big flakes.if it carries on into the evening then it could settle. i think it just itsn't as cold as it was.

Posted

Southend looks like it is in a decent position for the current stream of snow.

yeah coming down a treat now. Anychance of it lasting a while mate?

Posted

Snow has all but stopped now. That's sad. I thought the streamer would be right over us but it seems to be heading into Kent or dying on its feet.

Posted

I think we are now emerging from the front. Small flakes now, but we have had snow for almost 12 hrs now.

Enough for me thats for sure. :blink:

Posted

Looking at longer time charts.sunday onwards... I.E. the faxes..if that big low pressure system get sucked in to the north easterly flow...we will grind to a halt..anybody have any views on this..or any info to show that it will come ourway in a weeks time ???

Posted

First sign of possibly trying to settle now however this is a painfully slow process and as VP said earlier, we've wasted such a huge amount of precip, esp given this part of the front is weakening at quite some rate now which is over me.

Posted

Looking at longer time charts.sunday onwards... I.E. the faxes..if that big low pressure system get sucked in to the north easterly flow...we will grind to a halt..anybody have any views on this..or any info to show that it will come ourway in a weeks time ???

http://www.wzkarten3.de/pics/Rtavn724.png

There it is over Europe... so close and it could make it!

Posted

Looking at the NW radar for SS2, it looks good for at least another hour I would say, and if it stays in the yellow's I am sure you'll be pleased. I guess over in Kent say somewhere like Gravsend might benefit even more.

Posted

Been very little snow here today, I'm kind of stuck in a triangle between Maidstone, Tonbridge and Tunbridge Wells and it's a bit bare at mo nea.gif Very pleased for all of you with excellent levels though, make sure you enjoy it! Remaining hopeful for a bit more tonight good.gif

Posted

What are the chances that the Thames causes this to pep up a bit, in next hour?

Posted

Afternoon LS,

NW radar looks good for a good while to me, Kold has much more experience than myself and suggested 1-2in a possiblity. Hope you see something soon Kold :blink:

regards,

Steve ( Leigh-on-Sea )

Posted

At long last settling snow here...

Shouldn't get anymore then a 1cm or so though, which is still far less then what should have occured here given the frontal system development...sadly this whole vent has been pretty cack.

At least there is some fairly heavy snow at last.

Posted

If it has stopped in South Woodham my guess is areas directly south will lose the PPN within half an hour, unless the streamer is somehow aligning over you but not here

Very frustrating. For 30 minutes I really thought this was it! False alarm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Still snowing moderately in Ilford with big flakes. Only a matter of time before it stops.

Posted

it seems the theme of the day , snowed all day in central london ec2y not settled , back at hq , sutton sm1 , again snow all day very little settled ......... it shows just how much you need all the ingredients to come together for snow to settle ...... think thats taken the shine off things as if it had settled think of the accumlations

very surprised at sky graphics for sunday , may lead to a few on here ramping but a word of caution we still not sure how the high will develop to the north of us but fingers crossed

Posted

your bang on about temps kold. Dropped below freezing now. A mammouth 2.5c drop in 45 mins. Wind really blowing it almost horizontal now. Im gutted for you mate. You deserve a slice of this for your spot on calls, last 24hrs.