Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Steve M, what do you recon for the chances of heavy snow this Sunday? Just seen Sky News ramping it up on their weather.

This band of heavy snow Pushing NW from the near continent appeared in the models on Sunday at the 144 mark, then it got dropped a little - mainly the GFS only to be redevloped at 144 - now 120 again-

All this means is it was actually always a potential- its just the models were a little to progressive with the evolution-

However theres SO much going on over the next 2-4 hours- then again 24-30 hours its worth putting this on the back burner-

Heavy snow still here with more away to the North- temps down to 0.2c....pavements going under now-

S

Posted

Yep thats something of an upgrade from the GFS, closer to the NAE now as well it seems. I'd expect more upgrades over the next 24hrs as well as per normal with these set-ups. EVen Guildford might get some snow according to that...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

Defiently means it now in Rochford, road has gone, complete contrast to 30mins ago already and no sign of let up

Posted

This band of heavy snow Pushing NW from the near continent appeared in the models on Sunday at the 144 mark, then it got dropped a little - mainly the GFS only to be redevloped at 144 - now 120 again-

All this means is it was actually always a potential- its just the models were a little to progressive with the evolution-

However theres SO much going on over the next 2-4 hours- then again 24-30 hours its worth putting this on the back burner-

Heavy snow still here with more away to the North- temps down to 0.2c....pavements going under now-

S

Cheers Steve. I am so surprised Kold has been so unlucky. You are no more than 7 miles away from me and it's snowed all day and now settling on roads.

Posted

Big hugeflakes her in Canvey and its really coming down fast, i didnt think i would get very much as i am right on the seafront, getting very very heavy as i type,come on snow, 5-10 cm will do me !!!

Posted
  • Location: near Charing ( Mid Kent between Ashford & Maidstone )
  • Location: near Charing ( Mid Kent between Ashford & Maidstone )

Looks like its snowing heavily over towards Lenham/Ashford way going by the colour of the sky. Stopped here again!

yes indeed it is - heavy snow now between lenham & charing

Posted

Persistent light snow pretty much all day. Cranbrook has a good 3/4 inches of the white stuff now so far, but Staplehurst just 4 miles further north has about inch at best because the snow partially melted here, being at low altitude, so today's snow isn't sticking yet.

Edit: I suspect the TSS may come into affect with this front, intensifying it as it moves into Kent perhaps?

Edited by maidstone weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Just when i thought it was stopping, its gotten heavier again! Big flakes, blowing around in the wind, really heavy.

I dont know if any of you were watching BBC news a few mins ago. They were interviewing someone, and behind him on the screen was the palace of westminster, in the middle of a blizzard.

Posted

Ligher now here at Excel but right on Thames, find it great we can still see these scenarios and has been snowing lightly to start since early morning and really came down for an hour covering everywhere.

Also winds have changed to NNE...So could be rouge showers off North Sea possible tonight.

Also still possible of seeing more from Essex Suffolk in next hour or so.

Posted

Cheers Steve. I am so surprised Kold has been so unlucky. You are no more than 7 miles away from me and it's snowed all day and now settling on roads.

I just don't understand either!

Also the radar has put my mood at an all time low...

Notice the radar image at 15:15 on NW extra and look due north of the Thames, then look at 15:30 and see how the whole weakens quite rapidly...pretty much as it comes over me!!!

You guys in SE Essex should get an inch or two from this yet...here in SW Essex...yep just like I said earlier...Jack all...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Anyone got a clue why my location is like the only place in the entire region not to get settling snow???

Just what is going on with this?

I'm sooo annoyed right now lol!

I feel for you mate.

Youve probably got winds coming straight off the estuary. What is your temp/dew points like?

Posted

Anyone got a clue why my location is like the only place in the entire region not to get settling snow???

Just what is going on with this?

I'm sooo annoyed right now lol!

I recon it's due to all the Burberry gear that's worn by the chavs in Lakeside that's deflecting your snow!

Note to self: empty wardrobe of Burberry gear...

Posted

kold. Even here its bucketing down. All surfaces white. Huge flakes. Best snow since 17th dec.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme.....

Really coming down heavy now, 50p size flakes if not bigger having been snowing all day. Tonight is going to be a nightmare getting home.

Posted

Since midnight last night it has now finally stopped snowing. 4 inches everywhere. Just want temps to dip away now. :whistling:

Got to feel for those who have missed out like Kold. Hope you do better in tomorrows showers.

Posted

Southend looks like it is in a decent position for the current stream of snow.

Posted

Light snow now in South Woodham Ferrers. The fun didn't last long. Culmulative 1.5cm here, plus the 1cm from last night which had melted to 0.5cm. Doesn't look like we will have the highest snowfall in my experience* since the early 1990s now, for which we need more than 4 cms.

*I did miss 3 of those winters.

Bit galling that Danbury got about 7cm (for total of 13cm?)in the time it took us to get 1cm!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

After almost 24hrs of constant snow seems now to have finished and can see some clear skies

With 30cm + and snow fields , going to get some cold temps tonight although think wind will be too much to for anything less then -6c ??