Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Moments ago I said

Drove back from Chelmsford. Heavy snow (not settling - drip fest) all the way to North Woodham. Descended from the heights to the plains on which South Woodham lies - no snow. Literally, not making it up. It stopped. Last half-hour has been snow purgatory, looks like it is trying but failing. Need another 15 minutes if the PPN continues to try.

Now it's snowing properly but took its time. But it's not settling, not even on the car. I should imagine after a while under intense PPN it will start to settle... but a lot of wasted cms!

Snow pack status: 1cm with some melt.

Edited by AtlanticFlamethrower

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

It's not snowed here again for the last hour, show clouds clearing away from the NW, can see the first bit of blue sky above me. I guess that is it for this area for now then ?

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

I can see some really good snowfalls in east , north kent soon!. Going to be an interesting afternoon / evening

:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Still chucking it down, but the flakes have got a lot smaller. Settling on the roads again, which takes a lot! Temp must have dropped in the last hour. Giving a nice top-up.

Posted

Been snowing here for about an hour. Some of the flakes have been the biggest I have seen (which includes the time I worked in Newfoundland during the winter!) It all appears to be moving through Essex towards London, so hopefully some of you guys who have missed out on decent amounts can be rewarded for your patience. Depth is about 9 cm now. A friend who has just got back from Romford says the roads round here are by far the worst on his route (A12/A120). I have told my wife that I wont burn the sleigh she bought last year as I previously blamed it for the lack of snow in this area lol

Posted

Kold wish I could blow some of this your way mate......Unbelievable everything covered in minutes,

really heavy snow now in East London and not letting up...We seem to be getting hit from both

those bands!

Nothing like Hampshire etc but fantastic stuff here at moment and possibilities of another

few days of snow through to Sunday!

Edited by ChartViewer

Posted

Carry on here and be respectful to those who may have less snowfall....ahem.....tongue.gif

And to those that don't have any.......... :)

glad you are getting snow kold, hope it settles!

Edited by Slinky

Posted

Those of you who said it "wouldn't settle in Central London", eat your words :yahoo:

Snowing heavily here now!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold & Snowy, Hot & Sunny & Thunderstorms

Same here VP...

This is UNREAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How comes its settling everywhere except here, its just sickening...got no chance of reaching even the lower limit of 2cms here at this rate!!

Same as that. :yahoo:

Edit it's just started to stick! :yahoo:

Edited by Icebox

Posted

Snowfall in South Woodham is heavy and that brilliant large fluffy (if wet) size. This did not happen last night. The 1 cm was from small snow. If this lasts and starts to settle then we could have inexcess of 2 inches... which would be a record amount for this location since the early 1990s.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow, and lovely summer Sun

I can see some really good snowfalls in east , north kent soon!. Going to be an interesting afternoon / evening

yahoo.gif

got some snow floting around in the wind fingers crossed it chuckes it down later!!!!

Posted

Kold wish I could blow some of this your way mate......Unbelievable everything covered in minutes,

really heavy snow now in East London and not letting up...We seem to be getting hit from both

those bands!

Nothing like Hampshire etc but fantastic stuff here at moment and possibilities of another

few days of snow through to Sunday!

It's like Snowmageddon in C London :yahoo:

And now the NE Wind is picking up as well, method in my madness coming the 38 miles West to see some snow today, not a lot it seems down in Sunny SE Essex due to lack of posts from that area - either that or they have all lost Tinternet Connection due to the weight of the latest snowstorm :yahoo::)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Posted

Approaching the 4cm threshold now in Ealing. Actually probably the most we have had over the past 24 hours. Heavy snow has come just as the temps are dropping away. Have to hand it to the BBC and UKMO. Great forecast this morning (and actually from Peter Cockcroft last night) that no-one believed.

acute.gif

Posted

Car status = settling on car. And on roofs now. Finally can we start to accumulate and have a notable snowfall? In South Woodham Ferrers.

Edited by AtlanticFlamethrower

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Snow in Norwich in the end didn't amount to that much and thawed on concrete surfaces afterwards, though there has been very little thawing on the grass, where there is about 2-3cm. However, I'm aware that this is more than some people have got, plus of course we had 4-5 inches up in the Geordie heartlands of the North East.

There may be an increasing number of snow showers overnight as that NE'ly takes hold, leading up to some heavy and prolonged ones tomorrow by the looks of it.

Posted

When you leaving work Paul?

Just that the heavier precip should work its way down to S.Essex over the next hour, quite honestly if it doesn't settle here then I'll lose the will to live I swear!

VP good to hear...but nothing settling here yet either, quite honestly I think 2cms is likely as my top amount from this and thats totally depending on the heaviest stuff coming down my way.