Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scottish Cold Spell Discussion 16

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

A new thread, folks...Tha mi sgith... :):)

Old thread:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

I am looking at that bank of cloud leaving Denmark which looks as if it may travel up SW tip of Norway and get dragged into the NE flow to here. Anyone?

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/satpics/latest_uk_ir.html

Looking at it again it might be part of that low expected to form off East Anglia and give them a dumping later on.

I'll get my coat! :yahoo:

Edited by Blitzen

Posted

sat24 is definately showing that bank of cloud move south towards the UK! Its looking huge!

Please hit!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Caidil gu mhath Pete:)

Tha mi Gaelic a'bheag, Gilly - tha mi duilich!...It's 20yrs (fichead bliahna?) since I learned any...But, I sympathise with all you Gealtachd (sp?) Scots, in that I can't stand Anglicisations of Gaelic names - what does 'Benavean' mean?? :)

Anyhoo - tha mi sgith 's tha mi fuar!! I'm knackered - and cold!! :cold::cold::cold::):lazy::lazy:

Posted

Variable Winds. We have a light southwesterly at the moment but the shower clouds are coming from the north

Sounds about right as raintoday and sat24 are showing direct northerly movement now!!

Posted

Sounds about right as raintoday and sat24 are showing direct northerly movement now!!

I think the cloud that we are all looking at is the front you can see to the east of Iceland on the FAX run and unfortunatley it tracks down the West coast of the UK.

CMD / Pete............your thoughts??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Met O rain radar's last update doesn't show anything near here but looking out to the NE there is a bank of cloud now in sight. Anything in it?

Can't get Will it rain radar on office computer.

Posted

Met O rain radar's last update doesn't show anything near here but looking out to the NE there is a bank of cloud now in sight. Anything in it?

Can't get Will it rain radar on office computer.

Big shower around Aberdeen, but its struggling to move south...........I can see the cloud too, and it looks like a shower

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW :-D

Hi all

I don't think Perth will see anymore snow before the weekend cray.gif Saw the weather at lunchtime, SKY NEWS had the whole of england and wales coverd with snow on sunday, wondering if it will move up scotland or not??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Big shower around Aberdeen, but its struggling to move south...........I can see the cloud too, and it looks like a shower

Yes I can see that one on the met o radar. Hardly seems to have moved at all in the last hour or two.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm dry summers

Anybody know if the grand bonspiel is going to take place and if so when?

SS2

Posted

Anybody know if the grand bonspiel is going to take place and if so when?

SS2

As far as i'm aware they are marking the circles (rings) so it looks likely, sometime after the weekend!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm dry summers

As far as i'm aware they are marking the circles (rings) so it looks likely, sometime after the weekend!!

Thank you I will keep my ear to the frozen ground!

SS2

Posted

The report said that the ice is 5.5 to 6 inches thick [yesterday] and it needs to be 7" plus to get the Grand Match on. They were expecting that thickness to be reached by the weekend. A meeting was taking place [i think at Kinross]where the decision as to timing would be made.