Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion XXXIV

Posted

Woo Hoo, currently moderate snow shower with 5-10p sized flakes.

Perhaps we will have a blizzard :mellow:

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

Snowing thick and fast in the center of MK again, 5p too 20p sized flakes adding to the 12.5cm depth on the ground :mellow:

Also eirily quiet outside apart from the odd child screaming while having a snowball fight.

Posted

Front is really pepping up right on que according to the NAE, really impressed by that model I've gotta admit!

Large portion of the region should get snow from this front as it edges southwards, showers coming in from the ENE feeding along the trough/front feature...

Anyone that has sleet should see it turn to snow fairly soon as the winds start to come from a more NE direction.

Posted

I didnt drive, opted to take the train instead. Only one stop so wasnt to bad.

Is it me saint or does it look like a very slow thaw is going on out there?

Depends what part of St. Albans your in, parts out of the centre there isn't much going on but here very close to the centre we suffer from urban heating so there is a very slow thaw, but hardly much.

Snowing thick and fast in the center of MK again, 5p too 20p sized flakes adding to the 12.5cm depth on the ground :mellow:

Also eirily quiet outside apart from the odd child screaming while having a snowball fight.

Good news for further South!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Snow in Ipswich is heavy now...laying freely, has been for an hour or so here. And the front really has pepped up!

Posted

Depends what part of St. Albans your in, parts out of the centre there isn't much going on but here very close to the centre we suffer from urban heating so there is a very slow thaw, but hardly much.

Good news for further South!

That band is really pepping up. Should be with us in a couple of hours or sooner i recon

Posted
  • Location: near Charing ( Mid Kent between Ashford & Maidstone )
  • Location: near Charing ( Mid Kent between Ashford & Maidstone )

nr Lenham, Kent - still light / mod snow with occ heavier bursts as has been all morning

constant 1.3c for last couple of hrs

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Yep that trough/front has really enhanced , awesome news for east kent! :mellow:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and hot in summer

started snowing in strood kent. small flakes not heavy

Posted

Darren did you see my question a few pages back about Low Pressure systems and Mild Sectors, hopefully you might be able to answer this as you are probably the best person in this area! :mellow:

Paul S

Posted

That band is really pepping up. Should be with us in a couple of hours or sooner i recon

Good good! Lightist of snow flurries going on at the moment......

Where in St. Albans are you located? Central? Hopefully your train service isn't affected by it to much!

Posted

Front is really pepping up right on que according to the NAE, really impressed by that model I've gotta admit!

Large portion of the region should get snow from this front as it edges southwards, showers coming in from the ENE feeding along the trough/front feature...

Anyone that has sleet should see it turn to snow fairly soon as the winds start to come from a more NE direction.

Kold - Is Central London in line for this?

Rush Hour could potentially be a nightmare if so...

Posted

Finally we've joined the party here.....heavy Snow now here in Ipswich! I was starting to get a bit paranoid!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
Radio Kent have said 2 to 8 cms this afternoon and evening across all Kent and more on the Downs.

Also Snow moving in tomorrow evening and a cold and snowy outlook for the weekend.Big Smile

:whistling:

Posted

Big flakes in Milton Keynes...judging by NW Radar we seem to be in the middle of a decent band of showers :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I read Kold's post re radar and felt deeply ashamed… it's so unfair! Kold stays up all night sometimes holding our hands and soothing our fears of getting no snow, then it does the dirty on him.

Surely you'll be in a prime position tomorrow and over the w/e for some convective stuff off the North Sea though? Especially if the n/e'ly wind's slackened (or has it increased?). This cold period is a switchback ride that's for sure :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold & Snowy, Hot & Sunny & Thunderstorms

Except for us along the Thames Kold. Something just doesn't seem right to me +1 the light dusting we have thawing nicely very little wind, I would much prefer to see this easterly picking up sooner rather than later as a Thames streamer seems our best bet now.:whistling:

Posted

Good good! Lightist of snow flurries going on at the moment......

Where in St. Albans are you located? Central? Hopefully your train service isn't affected by it to much!

I work down on Victoria Street.

I hope so Saint. Trains timetable seem to be ok

PM me when its starts snowing again heavily. so we can both enjoy together...yahoo.gif

Posted

Finally we've joined the party here.....heavy Snow now here in Ipswich! I was starting to get a bit paranoid!

N1

So thats just leaves..................... :whistling::whistling:

S Essex

SE Essex

N Norfolk

NE Kent

E Kent

S Kent

C London

Come on Weather gods share the goodies :rofl::rofl:

Posted

Anyone got any dutch friends with giant fans?

If so tell 'em to turn 'em on and blow that huge blob in the N.Sea SW please.

We really need that to start heading towards the coast, or thats a big opportunity missed.

Ta.

Edited by LeighShrimper

Posted

A line of snow from Wales, through England, the North Sea, Netherlands to Germany. . If this misses you, I will help organise truck loads of snow from around the region be delivered to your area. :whistling:

Edited by Hammer

Posted

I see that band of snow that gave me sweet FA has intensified. Funny how last Feb I had all the luck and so far its been crap with 1cm of lying snow!

When it comes to the models the star performer has been the NMM IMO. Absolutely nailed today based on the runs I looked at yesterday.

Posted

I see that band of snow that gave me sweet FA has intensified. Funny how last Feb I had all the luck and so far its been crap with 1cm of lying snow!

When it comes to the models the star performer has been the NMM IMO. Absolutely nailed today based on the runs I looked at yesterday.

Whoops forgot N Cambs :whistling::whistling: