Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion XXXIV

Posted

Are we looking out at that stuff over the N.Sea atm Darren. Or the bands North of us over Cambs/Beds?

They are part of the same frontal system, I think you'd probably be on for another 2-3cms from that band if it peps up in time from the east, looks pretty interesting for you guys further east...unless things change rapidly though I'm gonna have to cope with the dry slot...

Posted

Hi Paul, when you say North, would you mean Norfolk, maybe Norwich, by any chance? :aggressive:

Yes

You are going to do very well from tomorrow Onwards - Keep the faith it WILL Happen for Norfolk and Suffolk!

One question I have to Low Pressure Experts

It is to do with the Warm Sectors in Low Pressure systems, we know that Milder air gets entrenched into the South and East side of Low pressure and heavier precip to the North and West with much colder temps, if the Low tomorrow is sliding down the North Sea are we still marginal becuase we are on the coast, surely as the winds go anti-clockwise we should get an offshore wind due to where the Low will be situated ??

Paul S

Posted

The ppn in the N.Sea looks to be aligning itself in a more NE-SW angle?

Here

Edited by LeighShrimper

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Snowing busily here for the past hour and a quarter probably going to get 2–3 hours' worth — another 2 cm best estimate.

I wish I could wind back the clock 10 years and still be living in Fernhurst West Sussex, though this morning — any reports from there as to depth or have you all lost the internet? From the radar it's been snowing solidly for 19 hours there, must look like the Yukon by now.

Posted

Still snowing here.

Update from MetO: Severe snowfall approx 1500hrs across London/SE and will head South. Expect 10cm - 20cm

Where did you see that? It's still saying 4-8cm on their website.

Posted

Hammer

What about places South East of you :aggressive::aggressive: Any chance for us ??

Hi Paul, NW Radar, showing CB1 Cambridge to be in heavish snow. Would be interesting to here from around there.

Places literally just south and south west of my location, Harlow (sth), Hoddesdon (sw), Broxbourne (sw) I believe have done quite well since about 6-7am this morning.

South East as you and Kold have reported and also my father, its been pretty light, patchy. Places like Wickford, yourself.

Looking at the NW radar it looks like there are some good streams of showers in North Sea, which I just wonder might have your name on it if this just nudges south over next 3 hours.

Posted

Where did you see that? It's still saying 4-8cm on their website.

ooopps. Should have added Update sent to Croydon Borough.

Posted

Our country isn't exactly big yet it is unbelievable what variations we have in snowfall from area to area, and seems strange about the dew points being below zero yet getting a thaw? - I too would swap this troughy nonsense fro some god old power house convectivity off the North Sea but saying that Burnham would still miss out due to the wind not quite being in the right direction or for some reason or another - whinge over!

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

from UKWW

As mentioned by PJB, Saturday has persistent snow forecast for the whole day here, Sunday still snowy but Saturday the main event.
The next significant event is Thursday in the east & the SE from as a low moves down N sea when 5-10cm is possible in the far east & SE locally but I cant (based on latest models) see any other esp significant events occuring now through to Monday.

Posted

Seems like we could have a few more cm's from that front coming down?

Yes your right.

Herts could see another 3-5cms from that.

Cant believe how much we have had.....

I work in St albans 'saint' and it does look beautiful. Didnt that snow just look beautiful falling this morning?

Look forward to it started around 2/3pm again

Posted
  • Location: Bishop's Stortford in England and Klingenmünster in Germany
  • Location: Bishop's Stortford in England and Klingenmünster in Germany

The ppn in the N.Sea looks to be aligning itself in a more NE-SW angle?

Here

But apparently staying in the North Sea.

Posted

Hi Paul, NW Radar, showing CB1 Cambridge to be in heavish snow. Would be interesting to here from around there.

Places literally just south and south west of my location, Harlow (sth), Hoddesdon (sw), Broxbourne (sw) I believe have done quite well since about 6-7am this morning.

South East as you and Kold have reported and also my father, its been pretty light, patchy. Places like Wickford, yourself.

Looking at the NW radar it looks like there are some good streams of showers in North Sea, which I just wonder might have your name on it if this just nudges south over next 3 hours.

Thnx Appreciated!

Moderate sleethas turned into Heavy Sleet in C London although just wet and miserable :D

Posted

They were suggesting 10cm for parts of London this pm. I suspect they have gone from mild rampers to snow rampers but we shall see if they are right!

well it is snowing now in c london . but i think the met office are now snow ramping.

Posted

Yes your right.

Herts could see another 3-5cms from that.

Cant believe how much we have had.....

I work in St albans 'saint' and it does look beautiful. Didnt that snow just look beautiful falling this morning?

Look forward to it started around 2/3pm again

Yes it was great!:D And beautiful, the size and amount if it falling was superb.

Did you struggle to get into work? Hopefully it doesn't snow to much so you can get back, the roads do get bad with the smallest amount of snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Err don't those quote's contradict each other?

Yes , just putting across that the snow chances do increase through this week :D

Posted
  • Location: Shortlands, Nr Bromley, Kent (could be Greater London, never quite sure!)
  • Location: Shortlands, Nr Bromley, Kent (could be Greater London, never quite sure!)

Still snowing here.

Update from MetO to the Croydon Borough: Severe snowfall approx 1500hrs across London/SE and will head South. Expect 10cm - 20cm

Doesn't look like that on the radar - are they expecting some convective stuff or are they using their crystal ball? It looks pretty much light but persistent for the rest of the day from where I'm sitting.

Would be nice if it came true though

DS

Posted

Yes it was great!biggrin.gif And beautiful, the size and amount if it falling was superb.

Did you struggle to get into work? Hopefully it doesn't snow to much so you can get back, the roads do get bad with the smallest amount of snow.

I didnt drive, opted to take the train instead. Only one stop so wasnt to bad.

Is it me saint or does it look like a very slow thaw is going on out there?

Posted

Doesn't look like that on the radar - are they expecting some convective stuff or are they using their crystal ball? It looks pretty much light but persistent for the rest of the day from where I'm sitting.

Would be nice if it came true though

DS

We had light PPN over us earlier but the showers got heavy so the Meto radar is slightly deceptive i think.

Posted

I think any showers over the weekend will make a lot further inland than people think. The westerly extent of any inland showers i think will be somewhere around Heathrow...but if stremers develop...it will be much further than this.

The radar just keeps pepping up the snow and I expect the showers in the North Sea to continue in the line with movement south starting from 15:00 onwards.