• Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

10010718_0606.gif

Interested in tomorrow for ea/se

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

2llevio.jpg

Keep an eye on that precipitation in the north sea!

Posted

As I said in the other thread the flow should be pretty good for your location Neil.

Anyway I still am quite amazed just how much snow some have got right now, SW/W London once again have got the bullseye, they got the bullseye in Feb 09 as well!

Anyway still signs of precip pepping up over the North-Sea and feeding westwards...got a funny feeling though the screw zone is going to stick its finger up and return again for here...will see!

Posted

Still snowing lightly here like it has been since about 9am. Will it get heavier as the afternoon progresses? :whistling:

snowing a bit here now. surfaces are drying out. temp / dew points falling?

Posted

Maybe the low coming up through France will clip us after all. As mentioned by Tom Shaferwhateverhisnameis?

Lets hope so.

I know some are rather down today whilst others are ecstatic. However we must remember we still have the NE,lys with much colder upper temps still to move in. You could actually say for this region the cold spell hasn't properly started yet with the main potential being Thurs-Sun.

As for this LP tomorrow I will warn those in Kent that the heaviest precip will be on the N side of the LP. This is why Norfolk is currently favoured.

Posted

Hi All,

Just thought i'd let you know that the High School (my local one) just phoned up to say that i am to pick my daughter up at 1pm as they are closing.

All we have is about an inch on the grass and all roads are clear, are we going to be getting another inch LOL. :whistling:

Posted

As I said in the other thread the flow should be pretty good for your location Neil.

Anyway still signs of precip pepping up over the North-Sea and feeding westwards...got a funny feeling though the screw zone is going to stick its finger up and return again for here...will see!

Agreed , :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Talking of Brighton (in reply to earlier post and as i am here and not in Newbury!) - it is still fairly wet snow no? but I think the temps are dropping. What is the outlook here am getting really confused........

Posted

Finally!

For about the last 15 minutes light snowfall has been coming down in Ipswich yahoo.gif

It has over the last couple of minutes or so started to fall heavier and bigger flakes! yahoo.gif

I love it, the only problem is, I have a feeling its going to cause ONE HUGE headache for me at work....schools are due to attend tomorrow and all four of them have called to say that if it stays the same, they wont be coming!

Posted

wat direction is it headeed?

South , South west

Posted

Fantastic 6-15 day forecast from Met O.

"Next week looks set to remain cold or very cold across the UK. There will be a good deal of dry weather especially in the west, with occasional wintry showers in the east. However, outbreaks of snow, which may be heavy in places, at first in central areas on Monday (11th). Windy at times across many parts with significant wind chill. Overnight frosts and ice with very low minimum temperatures in the north. Risk of snow in far south on Friday. The trend from next weekend onwards looks most likely to continue cold or very cold with further snow showers in eastern parts. There remains a signal for less cold weather by the end of the period but there is low confidence in this aspect."

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/uk_forecast_weather.html

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow; Thunderstorms; Heat Waves

South , South west

Let's hope it turns WSW :good:

Edited by SnowBallz

Posted

Let's hope it turns ESE :good:

Heh if it turns east south east , it would be in france and nobody would get it :good:

EDIT : Lol at that edit :good:

Edited by neilsouth

Posted

10010718_0606.gif

Interested in tomorrow for ea/se

Looks good apart from the fact we are in the middle of it.

As TEITS says Norfolk, Cambs & Home Counties will prob do best.

Edited by LeighShrimper

Posted

Looks good apart from the fact we are in the middle of it.

As TEITS says Norfolk and Cambs will do ok.

Yeh although it's still a nowcast situation , will need to keep an eye on it nearer the time. A small shift can make big differences

Posted

We got about 4 inches in West Kent, any idea how much more we can expect for later on?

Edited by GSDog

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow; Thunderstorms; Heat Waves

Heh if it turns east south east , it would be in france and nobody would get it :good:

EDIT : Lol at that edit :good:

not that good with compasses me :good:

Posted

Fantastic 6-15 day forecast from Met O.

"Next week looks set to remain cold or very cold across the UK. There will be a good deal of dry weather especially in the west, with occasional wintry showers in the east. However, outbreaks of snow, which may be heavy in places, at first in central areas on Monday (11th). Windy at times across many parts with significant wind chill. Overnight frosts and ice with very low minimum temperatures in the north. Risk of snow in far south on Friday. The trend from next weekend onwards looks most likely to continue cold or very cold with further snow showers in eastern parts. There remains a signal for less cold weather by the end of the period but there is low confidence in this aspect."

http://www.metoffice...st_weather.html

Yep thats a fantastic looking update, anywhere that has decent snowfall on the ground/or will have snow in the next few days (IE not S.Essex haha :good:) will have it right through to midmonth...

I just hope we don't get a very sudden change to mild otherwise flooding is a real threat.

However given I've had it with this snow spell now, I'm looking forward to future falls more...

Posted

We got about 4 inches in West Ken, any idea how much more we can expect for later on?

2-5cm expected according to the beeb for kent as the front tracks south , south west