Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, hot summer days and Snow :)

had at least another inch fall overnight here, fingers crossed we get some more today(bbc says not).good luck all!!!

Edited by swainclubber

Posted
  • Location: coppull near chorley lancashire. and the pier head liverpool
  • Location: coppull near chorley lancashire. and the pier head liverpool

More snow has fallen overnight about 1 inch and the sky to my Northwest and east looks very heavy with cloud but its not showing up on the radar.Fingers crossed for some more today to top up yesterdays.

Posted

More snow here last night maybe an extra cm. Must be bad Blackpool airport is shut because of snow & ice on the runway.

Quite a big batch of showers currently tracking into South Cumbria and by the looks of it North Lancashire.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Wow where did this snow come from its not forecast, had mod snow for about an hour now. Is there more to come?

Thank goodness for that, Michael! :rolleyes::rofl::rofl::yahoo: :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

woke up to light snow falling, the beauty of this spell is snow can turn up unexpected!!! -1.5c dp -3c

Posted

Got about 20cm lying snow here. Really hope some of them showers of the east coast get pushed far enough this way. I would say that this event has delivered more snow depth than the 82 event(i think it was 82) mind you i wasnt measuring depths back then :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.

woke up to light snow falling, the beauty of this spell is snow can turn up unexpected!!! -1.5c dp -3c

...looks promising (if it can get over the hills...)

post-509-12627681047352_thumb.png

well it cleared up here overnight and its now below freezing after getting uncomfortabley close to a slight thaw.

I expect it to be dry here now for the forseeable but with everything freezing until tues next week when we could start to see the first signs of a breakdown.

whatever happens its been the best winter here for probably 30 years.( i mean 1979).

:D:D

Posted

Just been looking at the net weather radar for the hours during the night and it shows showers passing over here between about 3:00am and 5:00am. Some must be making it over the higher ground?

Posted

Am i likely to see showers through-out the day?

Probably yes i would have though if you look at that radar on raintoday you can see those showers really pushing into your area. Its probably going to be a hit and miss affair i would have though but you may see a few.

Regarding the eventual break down...when it happens. If its an attak fromt he SW would we here in the north west get some of it? Thoughts on the model thread is that its going to take more than 1 attempt.

Posted

Morning all :) Winter wonderland out there this morning. We ended up with an inch and a half in the end, so didn't do too badly. My snow-dance worked it seems :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

snow easing off now and looking at radar its dying out quite a bit, about a cm from this so not bad to wake up to.

temp -1.2c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Woke up at around 2am to see it was snowing heavily again! I presume some of those showers did make it in the end, around an extra inch since last night it seems.

Posted

Morning all i think i got maybe a cm top up last night which is most welcome, Quite cloudy to my east and North and the sun is out the two and a half inches that fell last night dont look like thawing just yet.

Posted

Morning Everyone :wallbash: Nice to see a few more cms here and there overnight. Amazing scenes outside - hardly a breath of wind and the snow from yesterday has stayed stuck to the trees and it all looks absolutely beautiful. Here's hoping for a few more rogue shower top-ups from the NE during today.