Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

You will never guess what has just happened? in Magor,,,,,, a Mammouth and polar bear just knocked at my door and asked if their was any room in the inn.... Looking good.

nice one Ali - All nighter me - on these special occassions - worth putting in that extra effort

Posted

How many all nighters in here? I may get some sleep soon.

I don't know what to do!!!! Can easily stay awake BUT have work in morn but drive around Swansea for my job so don't know if I will be working.. Should I take the risk?

Posted

Cant go to bed yet may never see the likes of this again once in thirty years they are saying (not sure I belive that though) but at 44 I would be 74!!!

I think I will stay up and hope there will be too much snow to stop me goinf to work tomorrow

snap I'm a member of the 44 club too

Posted

Last snow i saw anywhere near this good was 1982 and i was only 9 am not missing a minute of this kettles on and curtains are open :lol:

Posted

Last snow i saw anywhere near this good was 1982 and i was only 9 am not missing a minute of this kettles on and curtains are open smile.gif

mines two sugars and milk please!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

I don't know what to do!!!! Can easily stay awake BUT have work in morn but drive around Swansea for my job so don't know if I will be working.. Should I take the risk?

Nope! Most roads will be very dangerous in the morning!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow

Very light snow here in Morriston, Swansea. Right on the edge of it. Would need it to be pushed further east to get the heavier stuff, but its sinking a bit to far South.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Moderate Snow, Swansea

Posted

This feels special. i've knocked out all the lights and I'm watching the snow pile up against the window, and I must be the only 19 year in the world doing this, but I've pulled out a vinyl copy of the album that was at number 1 during Jan 82: Dare by The Human League, which I'm now listening to. Now THIS is retro.

About 4in lying here and still snowing extremely heavily and blowing about.

Posted

This feels special. i've knocked out all the lights and I'm watching the snow pile up against the window, and I must be the only 19 year in the world doing this, but I've pulled out a vinyl copy of the album that was at number 1 during Jan 82: Dare by The Human League, which I'm now listening to. Now THIS is retro.

About 4in lying here and still snowing extremely heavily and blowing about.

Nice one - can remember doing my paper round then through the drifts in cardiff

Posted

mines two sugars and milk please!

If we are on the drinks run... then a hot chocholate (even though i cant spell it) will do nicely please..... STOPPED snowing here... arghhhh but still looks pretty so should not complain. Beds are bit cramped though with the beasts. lol

Posted

A470 looks an absolute impassable mess on the cams - can't see anyone going into work from the valleys down that

Posted

If we are on the drinks run... then a hot chocholate (even though i cant spell it) will do nicely please..... STOPPED snowing here... arghhhh but still looks pretty so should not complain. Beds are bit cramped though with the beasts. lol

looking good for your area in about 45 minutes

Posted

Nice one - can remember doing my paper round then through the drifts in cardiff

It's the one event that any heavy snowfall around here is compared to. Shame there's not many pictures of it online.

Posted

Beasts???????????? you got more coming I think - new low centre pushing up from the south should get things going again for you shortly

Posted

is it me or does the radar just keep looking better and better?

no it is looking better and better with another low magnetically being dragged towards south wales

Posted

Really surprised they are not making more of this on news 24 as it looks the most intense band of prcipitation around and London seems to be missing a lot of the snow at the mo. How long do you thing this band can continue in south wales coz it looks like it is concontinually being fed from hampshire

Posted

Really surprised they are not making more of this on news 24 as it looks the most intense band of prcipitation around and London seems to be missing a lot of the snow at the mo. How long do you thing this band can continue in south wales coz it looks like it is concontinually being fed from hampshire

should be still snowing late morning I think - NEWS 24 couldn't give a monkeys about us - Derek's not that bothered either - NEWS 24 did also show some additional snow coming down off of the north eastern showers later today.

If you look at the current meto radar I'd say we were at the centre of it all at the mo!!!!!!!!!

Posted

should be still snowing late morning I think - NEWS 24 couldn't give a monkeys about us - Derek's not that bothered either - NEWS 24 did also show some additional snow coming down off of the  north eastern showers later today.

If you look at the current meto radar I'd say we were at the centre of it all at the mo!!!!!!!!!

What do you think the depths will be by morning?