Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Yes I think the comment " within the confines of bbc wales " sums it up. IMO the forecast was obviously wrong and out of date when it was played at 10.30pm last night, it should have been pulled, it would have been better to not have a forecast than that or better still draft in the News 24 forecaster at that time to quickly do an up to date regional one.

Got to be honest though the classic was on ITV Wales, a few years back when they played a repeat of the previous days forecast by mistake. laugh.gif

probably replayed by a non weather interested trainee at the beeb

It amuses me as well - they could do with re-arranging his chart board - it's too low for him - reason why we call him "Dancing Derek" he keeps having to reach down and benz zee knees to get to all the chart lol!!!!

Gotta be honest top of the league of forecasters for me right now has got to be "Dan the man" Corbett - brilliant!!!!

Edited by andymusic

Posted

-8.7c here and dropping! :cold: I know my kit aint the best but it aint far out as Trawscoed is at -8c on xcweather. Absolutely crazy, never known it so cold here :rofl: :rofl:

Posted

Sky News were bold and said 'widespread heavy snow for the south on Sunday' just now on their Forecast.

Posted

Currently -10 here. Snow is frozen solid seen some huge iccicles too something haven't seen in ages not that big anyway. What's annoying is the strength of the sun to melt snow even if the tempreature is below freezing. I don't want the snow to thaw slightly in the sun tomorrow which it more than likely will do.

Posted

Currently -10 here. Snow is frozen solid seen some huge iccicles too something haven't seen in ages not that big anyway. What's annoying is the strength of the sun to melt snow even if the tempreature is below freezing. I don't want the snow to thaw slightly in the sun tomorrow which it more than likely will do.

I know :)

I found when the sun came out on 5th the snow started to melt even though the temp was below freezing.

With 2 days of Sun forecast, I hope it doesn't melt it too much. I want cloud! :)

The good thing though is that the sun is still low in sky early Jan. By Feb/March it would melt much quicker.

Q: Does anyone know what the air temp has to be for snow not to melt at all even in direct sunlight?