Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

icicles closed the m40 during the cold snap just prior to christmas. they were so big that they had to be individually removed from bridges along said motorway. :)

Right...Well beware of icicles then! :)

Posted

Wow I have struggled to keep up reading the post's tonight realy mad on here as I expected. Bit of a lull on here now just like the Snow here it's still falling but lighter, the wind has picked up though. 3 - 4 cm here. Is any more going to fall with that ppn building again in the Channel. It was forecast here for heaviest between 3 am and 6 am and then again from 9 am onward.

Posted

Interested to see how much PPN will be associated with this weekends Easterly

Posted

Haven't looked into Wednesday on the charts in much details but are we seeing a front from the North or the band which has gone through move back?

Both. A trough is expected to crash into the back of the front, intensify then slowly move south throughout today. That line of showers in the north sea looks like it may be it.

Could give another good layer to the home counties and London before stalling over Kent late Weds night.

Posted

icicles closed the m40 during the cold snap just prior to christmas. they were so big that they had to be individually removed from bridges along said motorway. :shok:

I think thats meant to read M4 lol :)

Posted

Haveabout 4cm here in East London near Thames which is pretty good considering the warmth of London.

To be honest would like to see clear skies now drop temps a bit as were at 0 and 0 dewpoint

and wouldnt that rising to much more.

Nice snow cover should keep surface temps down though.

Some of the scenes in Hampshire etc are amazing....Pretty scary on those roads near A3 right now!

Posted

icicles closed the m40 during the cold snap just prior to christmas. they were so big that they had to be individually removed from bridges along said motorway. :shok:

I think thats meant to read M4 lol :)

Posted

In the 80's we had 8" Icicles hanging from the guttering of my Flat. You just had to be careful one didn't fall on you!

If it did it was called an "Accident". lol

Waiting to see if we are in line for any more Snow showers, I am hoping not or that the Snow is gone by Thurs, have two important things to do. Sigh

Posted

thank god most people have gone to bed. one can actually read the threads and keep up with them before they're closed! :shok:

there is currently a heavy band of ppn sitting over the south downs, which looks set to head north through surrey and south west london. of more concern is that the ppn over the channel, whilst constant, is dying down in intensity. with temps/dewpoints hovering as they are just above marginla for some places, i'd worry that this may produce something of the squib variety into the next 2-6 hours for the south east.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Copious amounts of snow and ice days

can't begin to explain how "cheesed off" I am with how this snow event has panned out. we must have some sort of barrier around norfolk stopping any precipitation from coming here.

I had high expectations for this event HERE until everything went downhill about 2 days ago.

we remain 1 of 5 counties in the uk to have weather advisories......... means we'll get nothing

cold and dry, what a waste....

I think im going to give up watching bbc forcasts/bbc website/metoffice website from now on, cant be trusted

met office predictions BBQ SUMMER = WRONG

MILD WINTER = WRONG

i'll make my own guess on the weather when i get up in the morning, probably just as accurate as any bbc forcast that reverses every 3 hours

WHINGE OVER, at least it's cold instead of the constant atlantic dominated winters that im used to.

Posted

I have 3 radars running, each has a different view so it's quite hard to tell which way these showers are going!

And yes, those coming into the North east look quite potent.

Posted

WHINGE OVER, at least it's cold instead of the constant atlantic dominated winters that im used to.

Sorry you haven't seen any snow but you've still had the cold. Temperatures across your area even durting the daytime have been 5-7 degrees below average for several days now and will continue for a week or so. That is rather exceptional in any view.

Norfolk is in a great position for snow over the next 72 hours - just look at the warnings already in place for you from the Met Office. good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

South Wales is getting pasted Blizzards here in Cardiff North and currently 5inches of snow. Not even a mention on NEWS 24 dry.gif

Posted

I have 3 radars running, each has a different view so it's quite hard to tell which way these showers are going!

And yes, those coming into the North east look quite potent.

Coming into the North East quite potent have a look for the Bridge lol.

http://www.tynebridgewebcam.com/north.htm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

This is the A470 just north of Cardiff!

post-7495-12627439621652_thumb.jpg

Posted

Coming into the North East quite potent have a look for the Bridge lol.

http://www.tynebridgewebcam.com/north.htm

Jeez, they are getting a pasting now, total whiteout conditions!!!

Bring it South I say!

But the trough that is due to collide with the low is definitely visible on the latest radar, just off the coast by Grimsby right now.

Bring it on.

Edited by Sno' problem

Posted

Joe B over at Accuweather has updated his blog. Along the lines of "I told you so" which indeed he did!!

Posted

Sno Problem any idea what time that may hit us here in the SE please?

What? The trough from the NE or the band of ppn coming in off the Channel?

As far as Hertford goes, I reckon that the band of ppn over E Hants/W Sussex will reach roughly your area and then stall, while the other trough in the North Sea tracks down and joins in on the fun.

So don't quote me (unless I am right of course :lol: ) but I think that you will be in the prime position over the next 8 hours or so, then it should sink SE back over London and then into the far SE.

Posted

Next batch coming into London now!! Looks like my area could be in the firing line for some rather prolonged snow especially considering that the front extends all the way into France!

Posted

I think there is a big blob with my name on it coming this way!! I'll give it half an hour to go away then off to bed. :lol:

My School NEVER closed, ever [sob]

Posted

I think there is a big blob with my name on it coming this way!! I'll give it half an hour to go away then off to bed. :lol:

My School NEVER closed, ever [sob]

Same here!!!

Back to topic...That ppn is still moving steadily towards London, but will it be snow??? The temps are not great and there were warnings that London would be in a mild sector at about this time.

Fingers, toes and eyes crossed eh.

(Where has everyone gone? Amazing that we were doing a page every 3 mins, now it is dead??)

Edited by Sno' problem