Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

snowing lightly here at work, but nothing settled due to the grit so it just looks wet!

Fleet street london

Edited by dallas

Posted

Hi all

we have had approx 1 and a half inches fallen since 2300....slowing down now

Chigwell Essex

In Woodford Green, border of Essex we have around 2cm and it has stopped!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

Very strange :whistling: Thanks for the info !

Just started a bit of sleet in twickers but enough ground snow that I dont think will matter to much,

the new pcp band just exiting the channel looks good for here so Im sure your niece will wake up to

a layer of snow with a reasonable depth...

Cheers

Cool she will be a happy bunny tomorrow. I didn't want to get her hopes up, so I said she may have only a dusting.

Posted

Is that another wave of snow hitting Kent around Eastbourne? Currently grey (sleet) but could go pink when it hits land? In a few hours that might swng round to Essex again? Probably wishful thinking...

Edited by SteveCoops

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

snowing lightly here at work, but nothing settled due to the grit so it just looks wet!

Fleet street london

Yep, looking at the travel cams, quite a few places in central london has no lying snow. Its always a struggle to get it to settle in the centre of town. Too many people, too many cars, too many buildings. But just a couple of miles out of the centre and there's plenty of lying snow. An untouched coating of about 3cm's round here. In the Southern and South-western suburbs its probably a lot more.

Posted

too warm here... melting... it could all be all gone.... my thermometer says 0C but that just because it burried in the 1 or maybe 2 inch snowfall.

this really feels like a last minute downgrade

And where are you?

Watford - has been snowing for about 4 hours, mainly light snow with an accumalation up to about 3 cms, so it means we have another 17 to go to get up to the 20 cm mark, mind you it has just started to pep a bit more, so we will see.

Incidentally, I noticed the radar was showing sleet over London at times, so conditions are somewhat marginal, as it is we have maintained a surface temp of about 0C here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but dull cloud

Yep, looking at the travel cams, quite a few places in central london has no lying snow. Its always a struggle to get it to settle in the centre of town. Too many people, too many cars, too many buildings. But just a couple of miles out of the centre and there's plenty of lying snow. An untouched coating of about 3cm's round here. In the Southern and South-western suburbs its probably a lot more.

im in the in the SW suburbs, just south of heathrow, probs been about 3cm but it is melting slowly, nothing compared to haslemeres 30cm!! guildford must be pretty good 2.

Posted

Band over the south-east seems to be decaying a bit with holes appearing i.e. Slough/Crawley

Rather mild(er) over Sussex with 3C at Hertsmonceux mellow.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

There's another wave of ppn heading up through E/W Sussex and into Kent, pushing north. Is that likely to move all the way up to London & the home counties? And will it be snow? Reports from down south are that its marginal.

Posted
  • Location: Buntingford, North East Hertfordshire (120m asl) and Enfield, London (20m asl)
  • Location: Buntingford, North East Hertfordshire (120m asl) and Enfield, London (20m asl)

Have had moderate/heavy snow in Buntingford, North East Herts for last 30 minutes and has left about a 3cm covering.

Wasn't really expecting this.

Edited by North Londoner

Posted

The latest satellite clearly shows the two clear patches over London, which we are currently under the second of here, but the convection seems to be pretty good in the swirl in the Channel, plenty more ppn to come and the temp here has dropped a degree to 2ºc.

Gonna have to wait up and see how it evolves.

Posted

Nothing more in West Kent. I don't think we'll get any more here until later this morning but today will definitely be interesting, it looks like it could snow most of the day here!

Edited by GSDog

Posted

Haven't looked into Wednesday on the charts in much details but are we seeing a front from the North or the band which has gone through move back?

BBC seem keen on a good dumping for Essex/Kent today :(

Posted

still coming down here in Southgate, N London.....but looks like a break soon. Watching the band over Brighton to see whether it may give us some more tonight....

Posted

We may actually see one of the rarest of winter sights...ICICLES!!!

Havent seen any proper iciles for years now, but the melt from this snow will surely lead to some spectacular specimens.

As far as the next batch of ppn, the patch over East hants/West Sussex is building slightly and should hit the London area in about 45 mins or so, as long as it remains the same, but anything could, and most likely will, change.

Sat link: http://www.sat24.nl/gb

If I am not mistaken, the line of showers in the North Sea East of the Humber looks like it is about to get sucked into the low.

That must be the swathe that is meant to come back over the SE tmrw, or am I wrong?

Edited by Sno' problem

Posted

We may actually see one of the rarest of winter sights...ICICLES!!!

Havent seen any proper iciles for years now, but the melt from this snow will surely lead to some spectacular specimens.

icicles closed the m40 during the cold snap just prior to christmas. they were so big that they had to be individually removed from bridges along said motorway. :)

Edited by tasty_snacks

Posted

Its been snowing here (buckingham nr milton keynes) since about 8pm without stopping. Have about 3 - 4" out on the road. Temperature is -1.5 according to my outdoor thermometer. Still lots coming down however it seems to keep getting finer and finer, so guess its going to come to a stop soon? Not sure I've seen this much snow at once before.