Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Looks like another wave of heavier precip. moving N from the Channel for here, though will probably be asleep by the time it intensifies again.

Hampshire looks like it's been sat under persistent heavy snow for most the evening running back the loop, not surprised of the warnings for up to 40cm

Posted

Thats how it started here, under the pink and nothing for about 20 mins - then rain - then sleet and finally a period of snow! Hang in there

And Darren it is Part 32 - You need to amend the Topic Title :whistling::p:D

Posted

Thats how it started here, under the pink and nothing for about 20 mins - then rain - then sleet and finally a period of snow! Hang in there

And Darren it is Part 32 - You need to amend the Topic Title :whistling::p:D

Paul - thanks

and on cue ...

snow :) hoorah

Posted

Site admin have removed them to give the site more capacity and less liable to crash. Suggest everyone puts their locations in their signatures.

thought this should be one of the first posts everyone reads as we get into the business end of the nowcasting this evening.

incidentally we're showing up green for accumulation, but have only mustered 15mm. the snow is turning to sleet and i can hear the horrible drip drip drip of thaw... :whistling:

Edited by tasty_snacks

Posted

Temp has dropped from 1.4c to 0.3c over the last hour and snow has intensified also. Cant see sleet or rain here!!

Posted

Bit of a damp squib so far, Uxbridge near Heathrow - about 5cm fallen but now getting warmer/wetter and maybe some sleet. I guess it is early yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T/Storms, Snow, Extreme Rain, Anything out of the ordinary!

Very light snow in Braintree...and I mean light....but its a start!!!!yahoo.gifclap.gifyahoo.gif

Posted

For my part of Surrey this isn't quite as amazing as people were suggesting. I still love it though and any snow is a bonus! Certainly doubt we'll have staggering totals. I'd say we have 5cms. What I've noticed is that the snow has been sliding off cars and our conservatory roof. Also, around the edges on the patio there is also a thaw. Some parts of the road are also patchy. This didn't happen in Decembers fall, so temps must be slightly higher then that night.

Interesting to see how things look in the morning!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but dull cloud

Rob U live Right near me then, i Hope there will be more but i just realised its melting,  theres a thaw on, SOMEBODY make it Stop!!<br>oh btw Sunbury is east of heathrow mate :drinks:<br><br>

Posted

I cant be arsed to get out of bed and measure, but id say from looking at the cars/wheely bins that one more hour of snow at the rate its been falling and we will have a foot.

Haslemere, Surrey

Posted

14 cm here and still chucking it down 100% snow in north hampshire -- fan.. bl...dy tastic !!!! :D:drinks::D

a few worries about my power and phone lines though ...sagging a bit with all the snow!

Edited by Kiwi

Posted

A dusting occuring in Sawbridgeworth, East Hertfordshire, occasionally moderate snowfall.

Barometer 999.6mb and Steady. Temperature -0.3°C, dew point -4.0°C, humidity 76% . The wind is from the ESE at 9.0mph

Posted

For my part of Surrey this isn't quite as amazing as people were suggesting. I still love it though and any snow is a bonus! Certainly doubt we'll have staggering totals. I'd say we have 5cms. What I've noticed is that the snow has been sliding off cars and our conservatory roof. Also, around the edges on the patio there is also a thaw. Some parts of the road are also patchy. This didn't happen in Decembers fall, so temps must be slightly higher then that night.

Interesting to see how things look in the morning!

Where in Surrey are you?

Posted

Belting down in the city of london, and a mate said 4" of snow in East Grinstead

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

Hello Sno - My mother lives by Ladbroke grove, have you got a dusting layer or any accumulation ?

Here in twickenham certainly have a couple of cm on the ground with the bonus that we are looking

like we will stay in the snow band for some time to come...

Thanks

I am in Westbourne Grove...Strange coincidence, my sister lives in Twickers, is my niece gonna have a wonderful surprise tomorrow?

I have currently got about 3/4 of a cm here in Notting Hill, would be a lot more if it hadn't turned sleety, but it is trying to fall properly again, with some big flakes mixed in, but the latest radar is still a bit iffy. What we need is some convection from the Thames.

Posted

Snow falling here now in Bishops Stortford!:drinks: Hope much more is to come. Anyone have any ideas on how much more will fall?

Posted

Very light snow now in Aylesbury. Nudging over 10cms. Very dry airy snow. Temp -0.2, Dewpoint -1.0, Pressure has been holding at 999 for the past 4 hours. Not sure what to expect the rest of the night as I'm on the periphery of precipitation on the radar. Looks like the next pulse northwards is veering further west.

D.

Posted

Everything white here in Danbury now... mod snow yahoo.gif

Yep It finally turnd to Snow after some rain and sleet, took it's bloody time though LOL

We have a sugar coat dusting of maybe 0.25cm so should be a bit deeper than last nights harsh frost :rofl:

Now lets see what the East can bring us as Danbury, Chelmsford and SE Essex usually does well out of the predicted set-up

Paul S