Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North East England Cold Spell Dicussion

Posted

Well I would love to wait up but I need to be up early tomorrow in preparation for my journey to Consett. Got to walk about a mile just to collect my car before I even start!

Could be fun and games for a lot of people in the morning.

Night :D

have a lie in Mark lol.

Posted

Well done on your Thundersnow Picture Mark :D Absolutely Stunning!

Not long until you get more shots of Lightning!

Paul S

Posted

35 mins? I'm looking at the stuff that's still over the water. Are you talking about the stuff that's north of Newcastle?

I was thinking that would pass west of us.

i was joking lol.

huge flakes here now,i think the job will be goosed come the morn.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

have a lie in Mark lol.

I wish!

I think the snow will make my job quite hectic tomorrow. We have deliveries due to Edinburgh, Machester, Berkshire and Leicestershire tomorrow, all the worst hit areas. Any delays and it comes back to me to sort out new bookings etc.

Looking forward to going for a walk on my lunch break though.

Well done on your Thundersnow Picture Mark :whistling: Absolutely Stunning!

Not long until you get more shots of Lightning!

Paul S

Thanks Paul,

Can't believe how fast time has gone since last May.

Hopefully last year was just a practice run with this year being the main event.

Can't wait!

Posted

moderate to heavy snow last 1/2 hr in byker, that big hole in radar seems to have filled with precipitation,starting to look a winter wonderland outsiderolleyes.gif

just looked out front window getting heavier, theres a first for me theres a fox sniffing a snowman seriously

Edited by gazzac69

Posted

really chucking it down now being waiting all day for this anybody experiencing this at the mo? or is everybody tucked up in bed? no doubt i might get some answers in the morndrunk.gif

Posted

still chucking it down in byker if u went to bed b4 the site went down your going to be pleasently surprised in the morning in newcastle by the current snowfallrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but boringly hot

Yeah, the roads up here in dipton are covered which is firstday since cold spell gritters have lost the game. normally quite good as is main a road a692 for emergency vehicles. snowing moderately for last 15 mins.

Posted

Again slightly too far south here to benefit from the main showers, but a respectable 4cm has fell overnight (1cm more since I went to bed). A huge area of snow sitting just north of Newcastle, the borders have been under a deluge for 12 hours+.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold

Not much here since last night. That huge area to the North has failed to move South as predicted just 12 hours ago and alot of the showers have gone round me. Frustrating! The showers should still continue for most of the day. Thursday still up in the air at the moment.

Posted

oh wow, that to the north looks amazing. everything seems to have curved around newcastle this cold spell. however there does seem to be some fresh snow outside.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

:whistling:

Just got up, we've had a massive dump overnight, depths are now the most I've seen in my life!

I would say easily a foot in total but I'm not going out to measure yet.

Anyone awake in Consett yet? I've got to try to get to work soon!

Looking at the radar north Northumerbland has done even better, must be incredible up there.

Looks like a lot at Cater Bar...

http://www.trafficscotland.org/lev/index.aspx

Posted

:whistling:

Just got up, we've had a massive dump overnight, depths are now the most I've seen in my life!

I would say easily a foot in total but I'm not going out to measure yet.

Anyone awake in Consett yet? I've got to try to get to work soon!

Looking at the radar north Northumerbland has done even better, must be incredible up there.

Looks like a lot at Cater Bar...

http://www.trafficscotland.org/lev/index.aspx

You jammy get.

Posted

Looking at last night's radar, all the showers seemed to die out just a few miles from me. The prediction suggests some might reach me this morning, but probably not if last night was anything to go by.

EDIT - I've just pulled back the curtains and it's snowing, so I'll shut-up!

Edited by Osbourne One-Nil

Posted

Looking at last night's radar, all the showers seemed to die out just a few miles from me. The prediction suggests some might reach me this morning, but probably not if last night was anything to go by.

EDIT - I've just pulled back the curtains and it's snowing, so I'll shut-up!

As the wind increases and the Easterly develops on Fri/Sat the shrs will have a better chance of making it across the Pennines.

Mark

Posted

Checking right now, there's a band of showers to my north east which might hit me in about half an hour.

A friend phoned up last night when it was snowing and he reckoned we could many inches. I secretly looked at the radar and estimated it would only last about 20 minutes. It stopped 20 minutes later, He now thinks I'm a wizard.

Posted

Checking right now, there's a band of showers to my north east which might hit me in about half an hour.

A friend phoned up last night when it was snowing and he reckoned we could many inches. I secretly looked at the radar and estimated it would only last about 20 minutes. It stopped 20 minutes later, He now thinks I'm a wizard.

Maybe you are?

How much snow in the Eden Valley?

Mark

Posted

We had perhaps an inch here overnight, and it's snowing hard at the moment, but most of the Eden Valley wouldn't have got anything I don't think. However, the current band of showers seems to have spread itself out west a bit more, so perhaps even Carlisle might get something?!

Posted

We had perhaps an inch here overnight, and it's snowing hard at the moment, but most of the Eden Valley wouldn't have got anything I don't think. However, the current band of showers seems to have spread itself out west a bit more, so perhaps even Carlisle might get something?!

Must be bad in Carlisle already, because a lot of Carlisle schools have been closed for today. :wub:

Mark

Edited by Tucco

Posted
  • Location: Near Stocksfield, Northumberland @ 850ft 25miles from north sea
  • Location: Near Stocksfield, Northumberland @ 850ft 25miles from north sea

What a night. Got hammered here most of the night. Dumped another 7 inches on us and its still snowing! Drifts up to 3 feet deep against cars round here!

Edited by tynevalleywinter

Posted

Must be bad in Carlisle already, because a lot of Carlisle schools have been closed for today. :rolleyes:

Mark

I hope Carlisle's sports shops are well stocked with shell suits because with kids out of school, they've got little to do but shop.