Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

John Snow....if you dont see snow i will be amazed.

Workcass basically say that as I said earlier some home counties are in for a lot.

The band is really interesting tomorrow how it has developed. Before they predicted this to be an Eastern UK event mainly...now it extends pretty much to the Bristol Channel.

I have been told im on standby now.....im assuming a customary 4x4 will be with me shortly!

BTW Rob you will see it soon, just snowing in Bracknell thin covering already.

Posted

All eyes on the radar for Baldock (North Herts). Hmm, early trip to Coventry tomorrow may not be on after all... (PS Good luck to everyone - hope you get what you want!)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

John Snow....if you dont see snow i will be amazed.

Workcass basically say that as I said earlier some home counties are in for a lot.

The band is really interesting tomorrow how it has developed. Before they predicted this to be an Eastern UK event mainly...now it extends pretty much to the Bristol Channel.

I have been told im on standby now.....im assuming a customary 4x4 will be with me shortly!

BTW Rob you will see it soon, just snowing in Bracknell thin covering already.

cheers for that reply

Guest North Sea Snow Convection

Quote "SteveCoops

Posted 10 minutes ago

Eastbourne and Hastings looks like it's about to get hit by the band in the Channel... "

Hmmmm i am hoping so, i have been avidly watching the "NET WEATHER 5 MIN RADAR" Which really is a steal! The temperature has risen to 2.5c a full 2c in an hour and dewpoints up to 0.5c.

Damnit i dont want it to rain but it might just do that as the mild bit in the channel hits us, should get colder again later and revert back to snow but me and the misses want it snow all the way ;-)

Temp has definitely suddenly risen here too, a little further inland from the coast too.I came home around 5pm and there was a crunch to the snow left from a snow shower around lunchtime. Just had a shower of a wintry mix only and the frost has lifted a bit and the cars etc are damp now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

Very disappointing BBC forecast for Cambs tonight and tomorrow. It had the band coming from the north tonight and tomorrow completely missing us as well. It stretched from mid-Nofolk across the country - well below us.

Agreed, but Thursday looks very good. As I said before, the night is young we could still get snow in our region - this set up is constantly changing, we might get a surprise in the morning! yahoo.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Quote "SteveCoops

Posted 10 minutes ago

Eastbourne and Hastings looks like it's about to get hit by the band in the Channel... "

Hmmmm i am hoping so, i have been avidly watching the "NET WEATHER 5 MIN RADAR" Which really is a steal! The temperature has risen to 2.5c a full 2c in an hour and dewpoints up to 0.5c.

Damnit i dont want it to rain but it might just do that as the mild bit in the channel hits us, should get colder again later and revert back to snow but me and the misses want it snow all the way ;-)

I've just looked at the Met Office and they have a flash warning saying Brighton & Hove will now be hit by rain and sleet, however we are due snow tomorrow. I hope that we get snow as according to the Met Office we were going to about an hour ago...!!

Edit : When I say an hour ago, I mean they made two warnings in the space of an hour.

Edited by Alpine glow

Posted

the meto only have an orange area over n,w herts

No they don't. Hertfordshire is yellow, which may be an error, because I think West Herts may get some good falls.

Posted

Hi, I'm trying to make some sense of this but struggling. The snow coming up from the south is not going to come much further east if I'm reading the posts right, but we might have a chance of something coming down from the north tomorrow?

Have I got that right? I'm not really East Herts or West Herts, more in the middle but I'm pretty far up Hertfordshire. Any confirmation on my assumptions most welcome. :(

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

SNOWING IN BRIGHTON!!!!!!!

:(:(:clap:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mediterranean climates (Valencia is perfect)

Hmm still snowing pretty lightly here, waiting anxiously for the heavy stuff

Posted

Snowing here in Central London... Very lightly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: rubbish boring weather

Keeping a close eye on the snow developing SE of Eastbourne which should start affecting Sussex / Kent soon

may not be snow in Eastbourne.... Risen to almost 3c here as it arrives. going to be wet snow or wet rain, Pray for us please!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow, and lovely summer Sun

all i want for new year is abit of snow, abit of snow, abit of snow lol

fingers crossed

Posted

First few flakes in the city of London (Square mile)

Posted

Keeping a close eye on the snow developing SE of Eastbourne which should start affecting Sussex / Kent soon

Looking at this right now - isn't it interesting that this wasn't on the radar to happen at all!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mediterranean climates (Valencia is perfect)

ahh come on.. it just stopped