Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

Snow dominating all the news programmes, heaviest snow in 30 years predicted! London looks like getting its share tomorrow yahoo.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mediterranean climates (Valencia is perfect)

still waiting, any minute now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

I know I'm not really in the main zone - But how much can I expect here in North Kent tonight and tomorrow? Is it worth me staying up? Thanks

Posted

East herts as much as i would like to see a 1ft of snow it seems looking at the charts we always seem to miss the really good stuff and get the lighter snow dam.

ps hi all

Posted

Rest of Kent turned orange now !

Looking at the radar do you not think that big pivot over the Reading / Woking area will swing that preciptitaion currently in the channel and Northern France along the channel and up into the whole of Kent from the SW within the next 4 - 6 hours ???

If so will the preceipitation decrease or increase and will it be rain / sleet or snow ???

Posted

I know I'm not really in the main zone - But how much can I expect here in North Kent tonight and tomorrow? Is it worth me staying up? Thanks

The band is also expanding width wise which is helpful :clap:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

still waiting, any minute now

The low has swung slightly, meaning there is a SSW'ly aspect to the pressure, so the ppn that was heading right for us is taking it's time now, but still on course.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Looking at the latest forecasts, ithink all of us by tomorrow evening will see heavy snow. Tonight its areas to the west and SW of London, and parts of west London, and tomorrow it looks like that band of snow sitting across London into Essex and west into Herts, and Berkishire will be heavy and lasting much of the day.

BBC London news just now, Peter Cockroft said it looks liek the SE will see its heaviest snow for OVER 3 DECADES!! :shok::shok::yahoo::yahoo:

Posted

hmm i wonder.

post-8593-12627164585452_thumb.jpg

I'm hoping it goes even further east than where you are. If I get some snow then west Herts will get some really heavy falls. Still, fingers firmly crossed.

Posted

I'm hoping it goes even further east than where you are. If I get some snow then west Herts will get some really heavy falls. Still, fingers firmly crossed.

We like heavy snow in West Herts. :yahoo::shok::yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mediterranean climates (Valencia is perfect)

The low has swung slightly, meaning there is a SSW'ly aspect to the pressure, so the ppn that was heading right for us is taking it's time now, but still on course.

Ahh that's why, thanks! It's jsut started now YES! probably 24 hours of constant snowfall here

Posted

Temperature dropping rapidly here in Mid-Essex. Currently -2.1 deg. C

down two degrees in 30 mins!

Amazing difference between your location and here, still above freezing here...thats exactly what is expected with an onshore flow, everywhere else cooling below 0C except on the norther nside of the thames...saying that I think once the precip arrives with any great force it'll drag the temps below 0C...

Posted

ocean transit, will the main band track this far east or will we just catch the edge?

Still unsure tonight (from 10PM current radar projection brings us snow), but tomorrow is odds on for all of Essex to see 2-5CM.

Thursday and Friday is better as the showers spread from the East.