Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South Central England Cold Spell Discussion:

Posted

has turned to snow on the isle of wight in cowes, got a dustin already

You got snow in cowes? My mate lives in cowes and he said there has just been a heavy hail shower over there (btw, i dont doubt what your saying!), and talking of hail showers, the hail that just fell here was insaaaane! we have about 1cm of hailfall in places!!!

_MAY7523.jpg

Edited by Jamie R

Posted

The rest of us appear to be under this update:

London & South East England: Hampshire Oxfordshire W Berkshire Very Heavy Snowfall 2000 Tue 5 1100 Wed 6 There is a high risk of an extreme weather event affecting parts of Southern England this evening and overnight. A period of exceptionally heavy snowfall is expected with accumulations of 15-30 cm and perhaps in excess of 40 cm. This is expected to cause widespread disruption to the transport network and could lead to problems with power supplies.

The public are advised to take extreme care and refer to the Highways Agency for further advice on traffic disruption on motorways and trunk roads.

Issued at: 1633 Tue 5 Jan

Except Porstmouth who I guess are under the earlier one from lunchtime.

Hi Stormforce,

Even better than this, at 16.53 there was an extension to the area likely to receive the heaviest snowfall to include Surrey. I was a bit worried that you, in Winchester, and me, in Odiham, may just be a little too far east for the best of the snow. Things could obviously still change, but as it stands we are more or less in the middle of where the heaviest snow will be. Now there is just a possibility that we could get over 30cm (1ft).

The proper stuff should start around 8pm according to the Met Office Warning. In the meantime I think that it is a matter of keeping an eye on the radar. It currently shows the precipitation intensifying to our south and moving due north/nne - let's just hope that things go our way.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold & Snow

Heavy snow for last 10 mins in Basingstoke - Just made it home from work as it started! Dew points @ -1.6 and there looks like a lot of precip heading over the area on the radar... nothing like a good dump(ing) ;-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Bartlett style mild and benign

Game over for us for now. Warnings for Dorset have been withdrawn.

Hey-ho.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW SNOW SNOW

haha, Sky Breaking News - Heavy Snowfall expected in Reading - that's jinixed it!

That means we might get the 40cm as forcasted! cc_confused.gif

Posted

yeah been snowing lightly in cowes for over 20 minutes got a covering still goin strong

Nice! Keep us/me updated!!! good.gif

Posted

Now you have your own warning!

London & South East England: Brighton + Hove Isle of Wight Milton Keynes Portsmouth W Sussex Heavy Snow 1800 Tue 5 1100 Wed 6 Outbreaks of snow will turn heavy this evening and overnight giving fresh accumulations of 10-15 cm in places and perhaps locally in excess of 20 cm. This could cause widespread disruption to transport.

The public are advised to take extra care and refer to the Highways Agency for further advise on traffic disruption on motorways and trunk roads.

Issued at: 1729 Tue 5 Jan

Posted

Afternoon peeps driving home from work an hr ago down the m27 towards hedge end,trying to sleet,was gutted,it was 2.5C,got in it said 1.9C,has dropped to 0.9 in the last hr and is snowing now,slushy on the roads,so def getting colder. :unsure:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Winter. Dry cool Summers

Game over for us for now. Warnings for Dorset have been withdrawn.

Hey-ho.

Must be one of the biggest downgrades at such short notice in the history of weather. Still only 20 years to wait for the next opportunity.

Posted

Hi Stormforce,

Even better than this, at 16.53 there was an extension to the area likely to receive the heaviest snowfall to include Surrey. I was a bit worried that you, in Winchester, and me, in Odiham, may just be a little too far east for the best of the snow. Things could obviously still change, but as it stands we are more or less in the middle of where the heaviest snow will be. Now there is just a possibility that we could get over 30cm (1ft).

The proper stuff should start around 8pm according to the Met Office Warning. In the meantime I think that it is a matter of keeping an eye on the radar. It currently shows the precipitation intensifying to our south and moving due north/nne - let's just hope that things go our way.

Hey Honey!

I wasn't expecting the best at all. I thought I saw earlier Dorset were in for it, But if it ends up being us. Then wow ... I shall be blown away!!! I think when there is enough to measure I shall take my ruler out ever hour or so and measure it! Does that sound exciting chaps? lol :hi:

Heavy snow for last 10 mins in Basingstoke - Just made it home from work as it started! Dew points @ -1.6 and there looks like a lot of precip heading over the area on the radar... nothing like a good dump(ing) ;-)

I love you humour ;-) Lol. Dew point 0.6 here and temp now 0.9c and slowly dropping.

Edited by *Stormforce~beka*

Posted

Nice! Keep us/me updated!!! good.gif

good covering now practically everything white still coming down, suprised its settled after than rain earlier, talk on facebook of organised snowball fights if it continues drunk.gif

Posted

yep started to settle now, back to light snow, I assume when this precip stops the ground will freeze until the next lot?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW

good covering now practically everything white still coming down, suprised its settled after than rain earlier, talk on facebook of organised snowball fights if it continues drunk.gif

Heavy laying snow in Newport!! It is delightful!! WOOHOO :drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

yep started to settle now, back to light snow, I assume when this precip stops the ground will freeze until the next lot?

nothing here now raining again.

lol your all joking are you?

Edited by badboy657

Posted

Some hefty precip that has just left ortsmouth will very likely be dumping some decent snowfall, I'd imagine could get a good few cms in the space of less then an hour from that band, should work up from there towards London.

Posted

Yippee snowing really heavily here in Fareham with a good few centimetres on the ground now - hopefully loads more to come!! :D