Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South Central England Cold Spell Discussion:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

Wait for tomorrow morning, bb?? :cold: :lol:

seeing some coming down now pete i never thought i could fall in love with a lampost again lol.

kids going bananas.

big flakes now laying aswell lol.

Posted

The rest of us appear to be under this update:

London & South East England: Hampshire Oxfordshire W Berkshire Very Heavy Snowfall 2000 Tue 5 1100 Wed 6 There is a high risk of an extreme weather event affecting parts of Southern England this evening and overnight. A period of exceptionally heavy snowfall is expected with accumulations of 15-30 cm and perhaps in excess of 40 cm. This is expected to cause widespread disruption to the transport network and could lead to problems with power supplies.

The public are advised to take extreme care and refer to the Highways Agency for further advice on traffic disruption on motorways and trunk roads.

Issued at: 1633 Tue 5 Jan

Except Porstmouth who I guess are under the earlier one from lunchtime.

No thats the warning just for north Hants/W Berks & Oxon... There is still the other warning for everyone else (including Portsmouth) ...

Posted

Snow in Bishops Waltham, not heavy and not laying cause of the rain earlier, but it is a start biggrin.gif

Was same here. Starting to lay now. Road is slush lol.

Posted

massive flakes laying now:yahoo:

although slushy i still cant see it being whiteout just a flurry.

Edited by badboy657

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

EEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeee HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! :unknw::):unknw::)

Never leave your wife for a lamppost! :nonono:

Posted

Let's all stop being miserable lol. We are all in for more than our usual 1-2 inches at the most. I mean come on when was the last time we saw 4-6 inches! Was 1991 for me. And if the 8-16 comes off - well I will be blow away. I am expecting 3-4 inches. If I get up to 6 I will be well happy. Anything over that and i'll be estatic! Over 10 and I will have no words for it!!!!!

Any lying snow for me will be magical! Just magical!!!

Sooo lets enjoy!

Posted

Enjoy, you've got plenty to come.

I still await my first snowflake of the winter and to add insult to injury, the METO have now removed the severe warning for Dorset! :unknw::)

Posted

HAHAHAHA OMG!!! On IOW radio they have been giving reports on the "snowfall" which they say is settling on the downs, although i have just come back from the downs and it was hail, heavy hail! Also they are saying that people on the IOW should not venture out this evening, and people are being allowed to leave work early!!! OMG Its raining with occasional bits of sleet mixed in!

On top of that the bloke who runs the weather station in Wroxall weather station was doing a report on the radio telling them that we would be in for some heavy snow tonight !!! Rather than getting their facts wrong, they should actually read into the actual proper forecasts for the IOW and they would see that little or no snow is predicted for here overnight.

Also when iw as in the petrol station a couple of hours ago there were people panicking and buying loads of de-icer and various other provisions including blankets incase they get stuck in tonights "heavy snowfall"rofl.gif

I must seem like such an idiot on here moaning like this, but it just gets to me thats all.

Sorry everyone!

Posted

EEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeee HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Never leave your wife for a lamppost! :good:

lol yeah lamposts are a little static.

have you had much so far this winter?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Bartlett style mild and benign

I'm expecting an inch overnight....

Of rain.

Don't know what we have to do to get snow here.

Just before the rasn arrived, temps and dewpoints rose just enough to make it the wrong side of marginal.

I said at work that it would rain. No-one believed me.

Posted

im in pompey and all i can see is rain lol cc_confused.gif

Here in Southsea it was sleet with big flakes, but has now turned back to mostly rain... wallbash.gif

Badboy lives up in Leigh Park...

Posted

Let's all stop being miserable lol. We are all in for more than our usual 1-2 inches at the most. I mean come on when was the last time we saw 4-6 inches! Was 1991 for me. And if the 8-16 comes off - well I will be blow away. I am expecting 3-4 inches. If I get up to 6 I will be well happy. Anything over that and i'll be estatic! Over 10 and I will have no words for it!!!!!

Any lying snow for me will be magical! Just magical!!!

Sooo lets enjoy!

indeed 3 or 4 would be great 7 is what i remember from the 80s.

i must say its having trouble laying right now.

Posted

Enjoy, you've got plenty to come.

I still await my first snowflake of the winter and to add insult to injury, the METO have now removed the severe warning for Dorset! :crazy: :lol:

i feel your pain if this makes you feel any better is not really heavy enough for white out lets hope cold holds so you get some aswell.:drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

lol yeah lamposts are a little static.

have you had much so far this winter?

We've had lying snow for about 17 days, mate...I've never seen it like this, in the 21 years I've been here. 2010 will be a year to remember!

PS: inland areas have about 60cms!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW

Ok chaps...prepare to be shocked!! IT IS OFFICIALLY SNOWING IN NEWPORT ON THE IOW!! WOOHOO!! :drinks:

It started as sleety hail but is now proper snow YAY!!!!!!! :crazy:

IM DELIGHTED!! :lol: :lol:

Edited by isleofwightsnowgal

Posted

ahhh yeah they are a bit higher up there init, i live right on the common vertualy wallbash.gif

I'm near Albert Road drinks.gif

It is snowing proper up in Horndean & Waterlooville too, hopefully it will turn to snow here soon (please, please!! help.gif )

Posted

As soon as your in the core of the front temps should be better, the low is creating a little area of slightly milder air in front of the frontal system and with the flow as it is that never favours anywhere too close to the coast.

However the sheer strength of the precip should drag the snow level right down so thats what needs to be watched.

Posted

ahhh yeah they are a bit higher up there init, i live right on the common vertualy :yahoo:

lol init yeah but its nothing special i feel ya dissapointment trust me.

it was said though through out threads it would be marginal which it is.

As soon as your in the core of the front temps should be better, the low is creating a little area of slightly milder air in front of the frontal system and with the flow as it is that never favours anywhere too close to the coast.

However the sheer strength of the precip should drag the snow level right down so thats what needs to be watched.

thanks kold i waiting for someone with a little experience what do you think are chances are of a couple of inches?

its just i want feel like captain scott when i walk to asda later lol.

Edited by badboy657