Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South Central England Cold Spell Discussion:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Well folks, now you have some of the white stuff: a new thread is here...

Posted

Ooooh you are so close! I'm on Burley road. You on the main bereweeke road in one of those posh houses?

No flakes of snow this end. That or I was too slow and missed it lol.

afraid not..some really nice houses up there! am between bereweeke avenue and weeke school just off stoney lane on the side closer to town.

it was only about 3 flakes and haven't seen any since..:-) According to the netweather radar a sizeable amount of snow should be falling in bournemouth... anyone?

I'm lost ...

went round that loop twice myself, should that read "new thread. Old thread here..."?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Hi,

A few light flakes falling here in Newbury Berkshire but definitely expecting mucho snowo before long. Most Favourable areas so far look like being to me, South Oxfordshire/North West Wiltshire, they can expect a pasting real soon if not already!

Air Temp 0.4c and DP -0.6c so almost identical readings to the event before christmas. If these temps remain in this region that must be a good sign.

Take Care everyone.

STORMBOY

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

Hi all,

The clouds are looming from the west and looking very black (like they do when the sun shines on clouds sometimes). I was getting optimistic but saw that it's raining on the island so I've got my brolly handy as I need to nip to the Co Op! mellow.gif

PompeyFC - know how you feel! Never mind, on a more serious note my other half works for Meals on Wheels service so he's relieved that his drivers can deliver hot meals to his elderly clients safely.

We're in Copnor and just seen someone walk past with their brolly up but it's not raining yet lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW SNOW SNOW

Radar showing some PPN at Swindon heading east along the M4. yahoo.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Sunny and Dry with a Hard Frost.

the band working its way through Wiltshire is dying on its a**e at the moment. Will be interesting to see where the 'white hell' materialises from!

Edited by MisfitDog3

Posted

the band working its way through Wiltshire is dying on its a**e at the moment. Will be interesting to see where the 'white hell' materialises from!

I think if you look at the radar its the stuff in the channel that will go north east

Posted

The first band of snow looks like going across Oxford, Reading and Basingstoke during the rush hour, but appears to be dying out. It's the snow later this evening that looks more interesting.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

yep raining here aswell....

We should know better on the coast - its ALWAYS a let down

yep im dissapointed.

the extreme weather alert was a complete failure once again typical met office and typical southcoast crap oh what a let down,

teach me for opening my mouth tell family a big snow event is coming i think i jinxed us.

well i think it might be time to hang up the netweather gloves really cant deal with the hype tried to keep optimistic pointless.:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

i swear this whole cold weather event is some kind of joke im waiting for a post from geremy beadle saying haha got cha.:drunk:

Posted

yep im dissapointed.

the extreme weather alert was a complete failure once again typical met office and typical southcoast crap oh what a let down,

teach me for opening my mouth tell family a big snow event is coming i think i jinxed us.

well i think it might be time to hang up the netweather gloves really cant deal with the hype tried to keep optimistic pointless.wallbash.gif

Like you i am not confident, however i have to say none of the warnings are even valid yet. They start from 6pm. I think if we could see a big blob of rain coming in we would all feel better, but i tis something that is going to develop over us almost, if i understand at all!

Posted

yep im dissapointed.

well i think it might be time to hang up the netweather gloves really cant deal with the hype tried to keep optimistic pointless.wallbash.gif

To be fair we have not even entered the time period yet for that warning! If you watch the forecast on BBC it looks like the first band will fall as rain/sleet on the extreme coast for the first part of the night, then early tomorrow, when the wind switches direction, it will (or should) fall as snow even here on the coast... For pretty much the whole day too...

These rain showers were have been getting over the last hour or so are just that, showers, not part of the main event anyway... Oh & apparently it has already been falling as snow in Horndean...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

Sunnysouthcoast - thanks for that - my parents live in Horndean but mum's not home from work yet. She loves snow just as much as I do so if there's as much of a flake she'll be on the phone lol!

As early as yesterday I saw rain for most coastal areas at first so I'll hold out hope for the timebeing. If it does snow I would prefer it to be during daylight hours as I'd miss it if I was sleeping! It snowed heavily in Stafford over the new year (luckily I was there!) and that wasn't forecast until about an hour beforehand! You just never know...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW SNOW SNOW

BBC News24 scrolling up to 16 inches of snow over Southern Counties from evening?? Which counties, does someone know? wacko.gif

Edited by XLNC

Posted

Pompey FC - I read that on the south west forum - I think it's moving north and east. What will be will be I guess! Still raining in Portsmouth but brightening up a bit.