Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

Light snow on and off here since 06:30. Dusting on all surfaces. Temp -1.6c and dewpoint -3.8c. Very light breeze from SW and pressure 1004.5 and falling.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

I've had 2 blank sms this morning, now i'm getting blank netweather posts :(:)

:)

I mis-read your post and wrote "The N-W 8am update doesen't look great for that gap" Because I thought you had said "Hope the 8am radar update closes the gap in the PPN" then realised you didn't say that :)

Posted

Smack bang in the middle of Birmingham City Centre and the cloud is starting to roll in :) Although I'm severely hoping I don't get stuck here tonight...

I would not expect much till later. I think you are gonna be right in line for the break in ppn that the radar is showing, much the same as me. Looking at the radar I just cannot believe how unlucky we are for snow right here. It just diverts round us every time. Looks like light sprinkle at most and then pray the main band moves south westerly later.

Posted

I would not expect much till later. I think you are gonna be right in line for the break in ppn that the radar is showing, much the same as me. Looking at the radar I just cannot believe how unlucky we are for snow right here. It just diverts round us every time. Looks like light sprinkle at most and then pray the main band moves south westerly later.

Yeah knowing our luck. Here's hoping though. The Black Country looks so much better with snow on it don't you think?

My boss has just arrived in from the Warrington area with reports of Narnia-esque landscapes up there...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

Right then iv just studied the met radar for the ladt 10min and this is my take on things . . .

The ppn moving south east from manchester has decayed substantualy , however there is the big ppn just around manchester now that is moving south rather than southeast , slow progress though.

After watching the beeb on the forecast it does show just bits and bobs this morning with it develping this afternoon, thats my take on things , and then tonight is where the real games begin .

Posted

Well I love snow but it's put my plans out today lol it's so deep already no way to travel via car here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Well I love snow but it's put my plans out today lol it's so deep already no way to travel via car here

LOL I predicted that your dentist appointment today would be cancelled because of the snow and I was right :)

I might become a psychic medium too :)

Posted

Anyone want a good song to wake them up?

One from Andy's jukebox... :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ocxkmdadPE

I'M ENTIITLEDD TO OVERCOOOOOOOME

lol , Much better Song here :

Posted

Amazing. 35 miles down the A50 to your east, and it is, almost quite literally, nothing.

However, I have known many occasion when this happens.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Oi everyone - stop being so downbeat! The snow during the day today is ahead of the main snow tonight and into tomorrow so anything falling before darkness is a bonus. Three days ago we thought we would get nothing and I would be incredibly surprised if most of us don't see at least a covering, but probably more.

The band of snow is quite slow moving which is a bonus plus as others have mentioned, it is due to change track as the winds change later so although it may not be heading your way right now, am sure it will do at some point.

RAMP IT UP!!!! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Just getting the first flurries now in Penkridge...It looks very dark to my NW, and it will be very interesting to see how today pans out....(At least it hasnt started as rain!!)

Posted

LOL I predicted that your dentist appointment today would be cancelled because of the snow and I was right :good:

I might become a psychic medium too :D

lol yep mate you are real good hehe I had better get ready to dig us out of the house :D

Posted

Amazing. 35 miles down the A50 to your east, and it is, almost quite literally, nothing.

However, I have known many occasion when this happens.

Yep I am right on the north staffordshire cheshire border, not seen snow like it for a long time!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Light snow here now in Stourport (midway between Birmingham & Worcester )