Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NiikAURA

The BBC Weather Forum

I think it was active during 2002 to 2004, although I have no idea when it was discontinued..

Do we have any members on here that used to post on there?

I remember some guy called "BEATTIE" or something always asking if it will snow in Carlisle, lol..

Oh god, I remember Beattie! I'm not going to comment since he/she may still frequent this forum.

I remember the BBC forums though, didn't they always have to close them for a time while they cleaned up all the posts? :lol:

I was there, I remember a certain someone and his grebes :lol::lol:, apparently he still posts on this forum under a different guise and he's still...erm *cough* a character.

Came to NW in the early days in 2003, I remember the main site back then, oh how things have changed!

Oh yeah. The BBC board. Got my started in my public interest in the weather, but joined NW back in...errrrm...not sure (2004?).

Remember so many people on there, but a poorly vetted and moderated site.

However, I think many have taken learnings from the Beeb site, and overall, it has become a much more interesting topic to discuss.

I used to read it but not post. The only thing I really remember was a guy who laid out, in great detail, a scenario for an extremely cold year in the British Isles, which included heavy snow in August to sea level (which fell atop snow which was still lying from July!). It was an entertaining read!

Hahahaha! Who could forget Beattie, all he ever did was cause riots with his damn "will it snow in Carlisle" spam! Those were awesome times, though not too long after discovering the BBC forums, like many others, I migrated to this humble abode and have only today came back from a few years break. I'm glad to see some oldschoolers out there :(

P.S. Hello nabraxas, Pete and dare I say it... OON :)