IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Jayces

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

Can't blame me for trying.

Posted

Right. The pub run is our last hope!

I'll be back in an hour or so, armed with Prozac for all...

:rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Well, well. Latest BBC N24 8:55 forecast showed the snow over south-central england and parts of the SW as it has done this evening, but he elaborated a bit more on wednesday and showed a massive area of heavy snow across East Anglia and the SE on Weds and said the weather front "will try to push east but will take a long time to clear, giving further heavy snow". So all of the south could be in for heavy snow by the end of Wednesday. As ever though, each forecast will continue to change, and who knows what they'll show this time tomorrow? Fascinating/frustrating/fantastic nonetheless.

Posted

Been trying to get on here for the last hour and had no joy,whats going on guys?????? anyway what is happening with the weather guys?

Posted

Well, well. Latest BBC N24 8:55 forecast showed the snow over south-central england and parts of the SW as it has done this evening, but he elaborated a bit more on wednesday and showed a massive area of heavy snow across East Anglia and the SE on Weds and said the weather front "will try to push east but will take a long time to clear, giving further heavy snow". So all of the south could be in for heavy snow by the end of Wednesday. As ever though, each forecast will continue to change, and who knows what they'll show this time tomorrow? Fascinating/frustrating/fantastic nonetheless.

Then we should have Easterlies according to ECM and UKMO afterwards too! Exciting times! :)

Edit : They put more memory on the server I think

Edited by Snowman0697

Posted
  • Location: Ormesby St Margaret - Nr Gt Yarmouth / Work in Norwich
  • Location: Ormesby St Margaret - Nr Gt Yarmouth / Work in Norwich

Who turned out the lights? Any idea what happened then?

I used the time to look at the BBC24 and Sky forecasts........ shoot. They don't look good for Norwich and Norfolk/ East-east anglia.

Still 50p and a pickled egg says the track won't be nailed until tomorrow morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

Sorry Neil, if I was to hazzard a guess as to why the forums crashed it was because we had 2 threads with identical names maybe and it threw a wobbly.

Not normal behaviour but maybe it wanted a break.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

The Metcheck forecast looks good for me ..... 18hours of snow from 6am tomorrow morning .... bring it on clap.gif

Posted

:)

Why ? - we will probably miss all the fun tomorrow but Wednesday still looks good.

Posted

Wow 26th thread, it'll be bedlam on here tomorrow! Does anyone now know what happening? This snow it's coming South but heading West too, so will miss London right? I've just read on sky news they say London and the home counties will get hit later tomorrow afternoon. I'm guessing that's out of date now. In the sense that things have changed and it won't be that far East?

Or have I got it wrong? It's been all over and as I can't read the models too well to make my own prediction I'd be grateful for someone in the know.

Posted

Very interesting BBC forecasts, the uKMO really does give the EA region a dumping from the seocnd frontal system that comes down. The NAE isn't at all keen on this however but even that would give a bit of snow...

Anyway 18z is going to be most interesting...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow, and lovely summer Sun

wallbash.gif

i have loads if anyone wants to buy some £2 a tab cant get better than that lol anyways im taking things as they come if it snows GREAT if not oh well theres always another time.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

UW48-594.GIF?04-18

UW60-594.GIF?04-18

UW72-594.GIF?04-18

:o :unsure:

Posted

Wow 26th thread, it'll be bedlam on here tomorrow! Does anyone now know what happening? This snow it's coming South but heading West too, so will miss London right? I've just read on sky news they say London and the home counties will get hit later tomorrow afternoon. I'm guessing that's out of date now. In the sense that things have changed and it won't be that far East?

Or have I got it wrong? It's been all over and as I can't read the models too well to make my own prediction I'd be grateful for someone in the know.

Im not 100%, but its either the low heads east into London parts of the SE and West EA, or their is a second frontal system? Kold could you help me on this one please?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and hot in summer

you are right no point worrying. lets wait and see what happens

Posted

i dont know if this adds to much, but when i arrived in Basingstoke this evening (from work in London) , the car park was utterly freezing - even though i was wrapped up well.

car outside temp gauge registered -4c , but the car was in a sheltered area.

and there was no wind chill. let me put it this way - walking about 500 yards from the station to my car was like walking through Siberia. metaphorically of course. but we can certainly feel the severe cold this evening here in Hampshire.

definitely a different sort of cold to the pre-xmas snowfall - more "biting", more eating into your fingers ? does that make any sense?

EDIT : another observation , talking the tube to Waterloo station this evening from Holborn. Me wearing: thick arctic bomber jacket, thick fleece, shirt (for the office), heavy t-shirt plus heavy jeans , thick socks and heavy boots. Not a bead of sweat in the tube despite it being packed.

(go try that normally!)

Edited by justinflavin

Posted

CNN weather are talking about the potential for around 10cm of snow for London on Wednesday. Just shows how confused the situation has become!

Edited by NorthantsSnow

Posted

i dont know if this adds to much, but when i arrived in Basingstoke this evening (from work in London) , the car park was utterly freezing - even though i was wrapped up well.

car outside temp gauge registered -4c , but the car was in a sheltered area.

and there was no wind chill. let me put it this way - walking about 500 yards from the station to my car was like walking through Siberia. metaphorically of course. but we can certainly feel the severe cold this evening here in Hampshire.

You think that's bad. I got back to my station in Kent, cleared the windscreen, and got in and realised the frost was on the inside.

Posted

Evening all,

-0.7c down here this evening.

Just get the feeling something special's going to happen this week for us all.

Noted that the IoW has had some wintry goodness in the past hour or so - that is VERY rare.