Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West England Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

hi just got back, heavy snow for about 2 and a bit hours roads that have been done are not to bad but those back raods are a pain in the butt,, eased off a bit now im home typical.. was a bit scared i wasnt going to make it home. now the question is will all this turn to sleet/rain???

hows everyone else doing?

kaz x

Posted

You've got to remember you've got the cloud coming into those areas, which as Dogs said will lift the temperatures, (You arn't going to get -4 under cloud), if they start lifting to 2 or 3C I would be worried, but not until then.

DP's, lower thicknesses etc are all playing ball.

Cheers

Posted

well according to Carol Kirwood ...no problem with temp;s or the spread of how much snow,including Kazz,

So Im not worried as ITS a developing front and should Intensify later with up to 18=24 hrs ish of snow :lol:

get your sledges out...and as BBC said make sure you take a shovel..BBC words not mine

carol just said 10 INCHES

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

You've got to remember you've got the cloud coming into those areas, which as Dogs said will lift the temperatures, (You arn't going to get -4 under cloud), if they start lifting to 2 or 3C I would be worried, but not until then.

DP's, lower thicknesses etc are all playing ball.

Cheers

Yep dewpoint is currently -2.3c

Posted
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .
  • Weather Preferences: thunder/lightning ,gales and warm sunny weather
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .

just watching bbc breakfast and they have issued a warning for heavy snow even for parts of the SW and it will be bitterly cold.

However Dunkeswell temp reads -2.7c at 7pm last night it was -5.3.Whatever the temps it's blooming cold and the snow that fell here on Friday hasn't gone .

Have a good day all.Take care on the ice.

Just looked out the window and seen the cloud.That explains the temp rise!oops

Edited by littlemissy

Posted

temps here -4 DP -2 we have cloud cover but with big breaks keeping the temps down. But with sunrise i cant see how we can keep hold of the snow we have. Dont be fooled think ice covering under the snow as i found out when i went round a bend hahah..

kaz xx

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Seems very much still on then! I can go back to bed feeling content! I woke up, and had to check what was going on.

BTW the ECM is magnificent out to 168. A work of art. Michelangelo has been sculpting our models!

The Easterners will be happy, they get 48 hrs of ENE, 48hrs of direct Ely out to +168

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Recm1681.gif

Then there is a reload from the north! I imagine showers would get inland too with those charts.

Dogs32 - my temperature is -0.1C, the highest it has been all night.

*FAINTS*!!!

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Recm2161.gif

Country would be paralysed if that run came off

Posted

Seems very much still on then! I can go back to bed feeling content! I woke up, and had to check what was going on.

BTW the ECM is magnificent out to 168. A work of art. Michelangelo has been sculpting our models!

The Easterners will be happy, they get 48 hrs of ENE, 48hrs of direct Ely out to +168

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Recm1681.gif

Then there is a reload from the north! I imagine showers would get inland too with those charts.

Dogs32 - my temperature is -0.1C, the highest it has been all night.

yea mine is 0.6,,,but I am NOT worried one bit...like Iceburg's post states...

we are going to get pasted..as the South/West

Posted

well according to Carol Kirwood ...no problem with temp;s or the spread of how much snow,including Kazz,

So Im not worried as ITS a developing front and should Intensify later with up to 18=24 hrs ish of snow pardon.gif

get your sledges out...and as BBC said make sure you take a shovel..BBC words not mine

carol just said 10 INCHES

who 4 wat about somerset???

Posted

Blimey! reached a low of -8.2c here at 3:07am!! Now -4.2c and cloudy.

Interesting showery stuff coming my may shortly hurry up and get here! lol

Still looking good for tonight, How can I not get atleast a little bit excited today?..

Also why does my computer have to be the slowest thing possible when I'm trying to check things now? Grr.. me writing this post keeps freezing it!

Posted

I just hope the forum doesnt go down today...not today..

but then again Im going out in the blizzard;s with my camera

SKY and BBC going for up to 10 inches

Edited by dogs32

bbc radio glos,went for 5cm this morning,but said there was potential for more,starting around 3.10 inch in chelt wud be good pat!

bbc radio glos,went for 5cm this morning,but said there was potential for more,starting around 3.10 inch in chelt wud be good pat!

Posted

Me too, Please forum, be kind to me today :whistling: And I'll probably be outside or watching it most of the time too if its snowing lots as well!

We have some very light snow flakes now with bits of dandruff like stuff on the car..

Edited by StormMad26

Posted

lol..hi rich,I reckon its going to be higher than 5cm....

I bet we have a fair dump here..lol snow by late morning i reckon

Edited by dogs32

Posted

Plymouth is currently -0.5 the temp is rising steadily, but that is lower than i thought at this time, everything in devon and cornwall is falling in snow, Bodmin has already had 3 cm's. the precipitation is going to intenisfy more than met are say - 8-10cms is now on, those showers will almost become a proper thick band soon.

I would imagine temps will get up to 2 to 2.5oC today, and will get sleet for a while, but then the cold air will blow through from 3/4pm and everything will return to snow again.

I only woke to check everything was still on, but i dont think i can go back to sleep now, i need to will the showers towards Plymouth!

Paul

Posted

Plymouth is currently -0.5 the temp is rising steadily, but that is lower than i thought at this time, everything in devon and cornwall is falling in snow, Bodmin has already had 3 cm's. the precipitation is going to intenisfy more than met are say - 8-10cms is now on, those showers will almost become a proper thick band soon.

I would imagine temps will get up to 2 to 2.5oC today, and will get sleet for a while, but then the cold air will blow through from 3/4pm and everything will return to snow again.

I only woke to check everything was still on, but i dont think i can go back to sleep now, i need to will the showers towards Plymouth!

Paul

Don't think you will have to wait long had a a few flakes so far more to come,

Posted

Ian as charts up 1.0c and snow up to 25cm

so temps not a problem

midlands get 3-4cm's from light snow showers over a few hrs and thats NOT the main band yet :lazy:

Edited by dogs32

Posted

Some of these showers are now containing precipitation around 4-6mm of rain an hour. That would dump nearly 3 inches in an hour if it were to hang around, this is going to be intense.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

Glad it wasn't just me with issues trying to get on the forum last night. It's looking good for snow today I see from the projected radar Hereford should see the main band of PPN around 11am this morning.

Posted

Glad it wasn't just me with issues trying to get on the forum last night. It's looking good for snow today I see from the projected radar Hereford should see the main band of PPN around 11am this morning.

PPN realy developing now on radar.

I noticed Carol Kirkwood had a slight lump in here throat when she said in some case's 10 inches of snow..lol

post-3696-12626777947625_thumb.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

pics i hope this works

kaz

kaz you lucky thing, not a sausage here (Yet!)