Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Cold Spell Discussion Part 14

Ross B

Posted

In reply to Yeahbabyyeah, that must be the cold air undercutting - if this is rain in Aberdeen, we might get a short spell of snow before it passes through, then soon after all the snow showers will soonstart packing in. :lol:

Well we must be one of the very few without rain, snow here in portlethen, no preceeding rain what-so-ever! Looks like it blowing a fair distance as the main cloud band is over Altens/Nigg area! Absolutely blowing a gale!!

Edited by yeahbabyyeah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

My parents just spoke to the guy that took the flickr photos of the train crash (he lives just next door to them).

Carrbridge station is carnage; much of the train jacknifed with the containers coming of their wagons. Some off down the embankment, with others 90 degress to the line.

Rail line and platform is well chewed up.

The line will be closed for quite some time. Going to cause quite a few problems as that is the main N-S line.

Posted

Very fine snow falling with us, enough in the last 45 minutes or so to cover the car and the path, although the road is still black.

The funny thing is though, that it is not showing up on the radar, the fine flakes must be too small for the radar to detect them.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.

Its done nothing here in Leith but raise the temp a bit. Looks like there might be a small hit to rooftop snow (doesn't matter...) but surface snow will be unaffected (the permafrost continues !)

I'm guessing the bright echoes on the south side of town are where the higher more inland parts of town are catching something. Maybe Liberton, Gracemount, Currie, Balerno etc to cop a few mms or so from that band. Certainly Penicuik will (goes without saying).

I'll just be happy if it clears through here with minimal damage and allows us to get back to the frost.

I'm guessing all the radars are showing ppn to the S and SE of Edinburgh but nothing here?

Edited by by-tor

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Well, apart from the drip drip of melting snow, there's nothing here of any note... :doh:

Posted

Its done nothing here in Leith but raise the temp a bit. Looks like there might be a small hit to rooftop snow (doesn't matter...) but surface snow will be unaffected (the permafrost continues !)

I'm guessing the bright echoes on the south side of town are where the higher more inland parts of town are catching something. Maybe Liberton, Gracemount, Currie, Balerno etc to cop a few mms or so from that band. Certainly Penicuik will (goes without saying).

I'll just be happy if it clears through here with minimal damage and allows us to get back to the frost.

My sister stays in Inch, my mum stays on gilmerton road. Nothing cc_confused.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Temperature up to 1.9C here now, though the dew point is still quite a bit below freezing. The sky is darker than I've seen it in a long time, which hopefully means the snow will start fairly soon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Temperature up to 1.9C here now, though the dew point is still quite a bit below freezing. The sky is darker than I've seen it in a long time, which hopefully means the snow will start fairly soon.

Good God, man! It's dark! :wallbash::wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.

Ask them to stand beside the lamp-post for 20 minutes to check !

OK, maybe not at The Inch...:wallbash:

The bright echos look well to the south of the city now ... and even then it could be nothing. Even the radar isn't infallible ... we were under a couple of bright echoes a few days ago and nothig was happening. Anyway I'm guessing this is the frontal boundary in any case.

My sister stays in Inch, my mum stays on gilmerton road. Nothing cc_confused.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Good God, man! It's dark! rofl.gifgood.gif

I knew the second I posted that it would sound stupid! I meant the bright pink/orange in the sky isn't so bright and the moon isn't out either.

Posted

have looked on the traffic cams but cant seem to find any in Edinburgh that show it is snowing

try Soutra near Penicuik :huh:

Well, apart from the drip drip of melting snow, there's nothing here of any note... :huh:

The heavy band which was heading straight for me has fizzled out while the light band to my west has pepped up considerably :p

At least the frost is really thick tonight!!!

Posted

I fear the worst for our area tonight...........but perhaps will get a shot as the week goes on. GSF even seems more tilted to the east than the last run wed, thurs.