Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Look North mellow.gif

There's two look Norths, unfortunately our region gets one of them two. Neither of which never mention us laugh.gif Look North for Leeds isn't bad, unfortunately i get the Hull one.

Edited by mark bayley

Posted

There's two look Norths, unfortunately our region get one of them two. Neither of which never mention us :sorry:

:yahoo: I wasn't aware there were two :angry:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.

I know i'm going to have fun tomorrow........:angry:

Posted

Where are you in Halifax Snow rules? Do you have any elevation? I reckon we'll do ok tonight

yahoo.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the more extreme the better!

From what i had seen it was S Yorkshire and Lincs the main risk..

West Yorkshire will see some snow, no doubt about it.

Can me and you be friends? And get along, we both have a good input on this thread and i think it's unfair other members seeing us bicker all the time. We both want the same thing and that's snow, and disagreeing and arguing with one another is not going to help our cause, or other members.

I have always giving my predictions and input regional not just my area, i always mention N Yorkshire, Lincs, East Yorkshire etc and other areas. And i do listen to other peoples points. If i ever get something wrong/make a mistake, ill be the first to admit to it and apologize.

Lewis

Aww Lewis, how sweet :angry: can't wait for tomorrow, with a good few inches allready on the ground up here and the elevation I am praying for that foot paul mentioned on the weather report drinks.gif

Posted
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but Rain!
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl

Showers pushing in to North West England, Otley gap could come into play herewhistling.gif .

That's currently on track to hit me right dead center :angry:

If it keeps some intensity then it could be a great start to the night.

Edited by cowdog

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

Yes it was a stunning forecast for us South Yorkshire folk :drinks:

Come on PIT, even you must have your chin up after that? :)

Where in Dronfield do you live Steve? im at my mum and dads in Dronfield at the moment the roads are bad enough as it is i couldn't believe how bad school lane is considering the kids go back to School tommorrow the road is akin to an ice rink i was sliding all over the place coming up the hill.

Edited by Derbyshire_snow

Posted

From what i had seen it was S Yorkshire and Lincs the main risk..

West Yorkshire will see some snow, no doubt about it.

Can me and you be friends? And get along, we both have a good input on this thread and i think it's unfair other members seeing us bicker all the time. We both want the same thing and that's snow, and disagreeing and arguing with one another is not going to help our cause, or other members.

I have always giving my predictions and input regional not just my area, i always mention N Yorkshire, Lincs, East Yorkshire etc and other areas. And i do listen to other peoples points. If i ever get something wrong/make a mistake, ill be the first to admit to it and apologize.

Lewis

Yeah suresmile.gif , I think we will always have different views on weather events.

Posted

Yeah suresmile.gif , I think we will always have different views on weather events.

Thank's mate, and of course, you are from Leeds :drinks: you lot win everything, whether it be snow, rugby league, football lol!

Good luck tonight and tomorrow :)

lewis

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Yes it was a stunning forecast for us South Yorkshire folk :drinks:

Come on PIT, even you must have your chin up after that? :)

Well the good news is that temps are now back below freezing. Temps won't get down too -4C as forecast unless colder air moves in. Anyway watching the snow showers to the NW which may come this way.

Yes it was a good forecast will it come off though????

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Where are you in Halifax Snow rules? Do you have any elevation? I reckon we'll do ok tonight

yahoo.gif

Theres loads of snow up in Queensbury and the surrounding countryside, which I believe is at around 300m.

Posted

That's currently on track to hit me right dead center yahoo.gif

If it keeps some intensity then it could be a great start to the night.

By what I've gathered this is how the event is supposed to start of, showers moving in from the North West, the UK forecast showed snow showers over NW England an Yorkshire at 12, so even if we did miss the main bulk we are likely to do quite well from these heavy showers.

Posted

Are Mr Hudsons min temps forecast a little on the low side. They seem to be rising across Yorks at the moment. Was -1.8 when I arrived home 40 mins ago and now -0.9. Max today -0.4. :lol:

Sorry guys, meant to have gone in to Yorks section. :lol:

Edited by woldsowl

Posted

Theres loads of snow up in Queensbury and the surrounding countryside, which I believe is at around 300m.

Yeah i know, had a drive around yesterday. i live near the hospital and there is still a decent covering here so what we do get tonight should settle very nicely

Posted

Heres my outlook on things:

Outbreaks of sleet/snow pushing south tonight, slowly leaving south yorkshire late morning tommorow. But with another band of snow pushing down the region later on..

Tonight/tommorow morning - south/west yorkshire highest risk

south/west yorkshire 3-7cm widely with 10-15cm high ground.

western parts of north yorkshire 3-5cm

rest of region 0-3cm.

If you think im being biased towards my neck of the woods, and missing out east yorkshire think again! laugh.gif

Tue evening-fri morning the main risk transfers to the east and ESPECIALLY linconshire and the north yorkshire moors.

Accumulated totals low ground:

linconshire 10-25cm

east yorkshire 7-20cm

west yorkshire 5-15cm

north yorkshire 5-15cm

south yorkshire 3-12cm

north yorkshire moors 20-40cm

pennines 15-30cm.

drunk.gifdrinks.gifdrunk.gifdrinks.gif

Edited by Jed Bickerdike

Posted

Yes it was a good forecast will it come off though????

If it does Sheffield will be chaos in the rush hour tomorrow morning.

I have a nice new shovel so it can do what it likes :doh:

Posted

Direct hitwhistling.gif . I'm very Impressed with how these showers have come out of nowhere, totally un-expected.post-8968-12626342078013_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the more extreme the better!

If it does Sheffield will be chaos in the rush hour tomorrow morning.

I have a nice new shovel so it can do what it likes laugh.gif

Indeed, and you can bet all the schools will close.. well at least I can go sledging. I hope to see at least 10 cm tomorrow.. anything less and I will be gutted

Posted

Direct hitwhistling.gif . I'm very Impressed with how these showers have come out of nowhere, totally un-expected.post-8968-12626342078013_thumb.jpg

Is it them showers that P Hudson showed pushing into East Yorkshire later tonight?

Lewis

Where in Dronfield do you live Steve? im at my mum and dads in Dronfield at the moment the roads are bad enough as it is i couldn't believe how bad school lane is considering the kids go back to School tommorrow the road is akin to an ice rink i was sliding all over the place coming up the hill.

Dronfield Woodhouse area, right on the other side, welll away from the Fanshawe school. I have two younger brothers that go there, and I expect it to be closed tomorrow!

I have to travel up to Scarborough this coming weekend, so I'm hoping for a good finale fall of snow before I go!

Posted

I hope your right. Ive got a feeling they may just skirt south or south west of us like they did the uva night..closedeyes.gif