Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

I think the 18z will have big changes, even as late as the 00z at 3:30 in morning!

The only reason why things have become complicated is because of shortwave development, but this does help Eastern parts Tuesday night and into Wednesday. If we don't get hit by the main band, theres going to be plenty of showers coming in off the N sea, lets just hope they don't get embedded with the LP flow, as then they could just rotate around us leaving a big dry gap.

Snowfall - N Yorkshire and Derbyshire - Sheffield/Doncaster/ they are my favorite areas to receive accumulations.

Edited by Storm Force Lewis

Posted

Im getting very confused now :lol: :doh: :lol: :lol: :wallbash::wallbash:

The latest forecast shows north lincs getting a dumping tomorrow :lol: :lol: :lol:

Posted

Im getting very confused now :lol: :doh: :lol: :lol: :wallbash::wallbash:

The latest forecast shows north lincs getting a dumping tomorrow :lol: :lol: :lol:

And East Yorkshire dry i take it haha, seen weirder things.

lewis

Posted

And East Yorkshire dry i take it haha, seen weirder things.

lewis

It showed snow for us for most of the day.We've still got a chance afteral then.It will be interesting to see what the GFS 18Z shows later.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.

Look North is on now and the weather will be on soon.

Posted

It showed snow for us for most of the day.We've still got a chance afteral then.It will be interesting to see what the GFS 18Z shows later.

Sure have mate,

It's all because of the shortwave over Ireland. It tightens the flow on the N edge, which would be good for us, but it kind of makes it messy, and makes it harder to predict.

If u guys want, tonight i'll stream all the latest bbc weatehr forecasts, and i'll leave BBC news on.

Lewis

Gotta love Paul!

LOL, times and times again, not too sure where it will sit (and he made sure he kept puting hit hand all over the region) N lincs look very good, i'm happy now.

BRING IT ON:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 6ft snow or 30°C sunshine...

Hi guys, any ideas for possible accumulations in Huddersfield/Emley Moor area? Have seen estimates for various amounts from light snow showers with little accumulation to reports of 10-20cms. An idea would be good as I'm wondering how much earlier I need to set my alarm to get to work?

Thanks very much in anticipation, peeps.

Posted

Sure have mate,

It's all because of the shortwave over Ireland. It tightens the flow on the N edge, which would be good for us, but it kind of makes it messy, and makes it harder to predict.

If u guys want, tonight i'll stream all the latest bbc weatehr forecasts, and i'll leave BBC news on.

Lewis

Gotta love Paul!

LOL, times and times again, not too sure where it will sit (and he made sure he kept puting hit hand all over the region) N lincs look very good, i'm happy now.

BRING IT ON:)

i was LMAO when he said somewhere could see a foot of snow this week :lol: :lol: :cold:

Posted

i was LMAO when he said somewhere could see a foot of snow this week :lol: :lol: :lol:

Me too man, did you also hear the bit where he said, this is lasting well into next weekend and onwards. So that's 2 weeks. Paul loves his LRF'S and hes fairly accurate, he should give his views on the model thread haha.

Lewis

Edited by Storm Force Lewis

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.

Cool forecast. I cannot wait as i'm working round S Yorks tomorrow for the next 3 days.

Shame i'm in East Leeds and the main snow might miss us here...the showers won't though :yahoo:

Posted

Thats why earlier i said they would be some big falls expected, it's just going to sit though and hardly move. Lincolnshire are going to really get a battering, and you never know, it may even sit just a tad further North, it already showed the Northern extent of the band over the Humber and East Yorkshire. Fingers crossed.

Some very happy people in Lincs tomorrow :yahoo:

Good luck everyone.

Judging by the forecast i saw on Look North withe Paul Hudson it had snow over us from 5am to 4pm! :wallbash:

Yes it was a stunning forecast for us South Yorkshire folk :wallbash:

Come on PIT, even you must have your chin up after that? :D

Posted

I would have loved the snow band to remain over West Yorkshire for longer.. but oh well unsure.gif

We have already got a good 5cm of snow, so anything that does fall will pile up easily, Paul Hudson said the main risk was for West and South Yorkshire so we could easily do quite well.

Edited by 10123

Posted

Showers pushing in to North West England, Otley gap could come into play herewhistling.gif .

Posted

Hopefully will be published online soon so i can view it, which forecast does everyone get. Look Hull were no other place than Hull exits or look Leeds were no other place than leeds exists? Unfortunately i get Look Hull, did get look Leeds's which isn't as bad!

Edited by mark bayley

Posted

Hopefully will be published online soon so i can view it, which forecast does everyone get. Look Hull were no other place than Hull exits or look Leeds were no other place than leeds exists? Unfortunately i get Look Hull, did get look Leeds's which isn't as bad!

Look North :whistling:

Posted

We have already got a good 5cm of snow, so anything that does fall will pile up easily, Paul Hudson said the main risk was for West and South Yorkshire so we could easily do quite well.

From what i had seen it was S Yorkshire and Lincs the main risk..

West Yorkshire will see some snow, no doubt about it.

Can me and you be friends? And get along, we both have a good input on this thread and i think it's unfair other members seeing us bicker all the time. We both want the same thing and that's snow, and disagreeing and arguing with one another is not going to help our cause, or other members.

I have always giving my predictions and input regional not just my area, i always mention N Yorkshire, Lincs, East Yorkshire etc and other areas. And i do listen to other peoples points. If i ever get something wrong/make a mistake, ill be the first to admit to it and apologize.

Lewis