Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

If this came off on Tuesday into Wednesday: http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=uk7dayx7;page=3;type=free;ct=5155~Cambridge;sess=#forecast

1mm of rain = 1cm of snow

If this forecast is correct, that would give me anywhere from 10-25cm of snow!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

The latest BBC forecast had the snow piling in to central southern england and then moving towards the Bristol area/SE Wales. But is their forecast based purely on the NAE at the moment?

Posted

The latest BBC forecast had the snow piling in to central southern england and then moving towards the Bristol area/SE Wales. But is their forecast based purely on the NAE at the moment?

If im right, these are pre-recorded forecasts?

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Just seen dan corbet on 24 latest LIVE forecast and it looked poor for snow here, he is going with the GFS, lots of snow central areas moving ssw as it clears,

Anything for kent?

I'm going to say it will be different tomorrow

Posted

Beeb forecasts going with the GFS solution at the moment then... :whistling:

Hopefully that will change to the UKMO later :bomb::)

Edited by LeighShrimper

Posted

update on weather conditions here, on going to work this morning the pavements were icy and slippery, during the day nothing new fell from the sky, on leaving work tonight the pavements were still full of black ice puddles but there was no wind and it was warmer than it has been lately.

Posted

Beeb forecasts going with the GFS solution at the moment then... :whistling:

Pre recorded forecasts?

Posted

Bloody freezing here. Already -3C and in Norfolk its -5C at 17.00!!

If this came off on Tuesday into Wednesday: http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=uk7dayx7;page=3;type=free;ct=5155~Cambridge;sess=#forecast

1mm of rain = 1cm of snow

If this forecast is correct, that would give me anywhere from 10-25cm of snow!

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=uk7dayx7;page=3;type=free;ct=1549~Aylesbury;sess=#forecast

I win! :whistling:

Posted

Wow my head is spinning! Yes it will... no it wont..:whistling: I have to drive to Cornwall from SW London on wednesday (I have little kids and am not a confident driver to begin with), do you think I should postpone or is this not to be a SW London affair. Would seriously appreciate any input.

Posted

What a change from all the posts yesterday after the counrty file forcast!!!, I was getting very excited last night, if the last few snow forcasts are any thing to go by for my region, I am not holding my breath for this week at all, I missed out on both lots of snow in december with just a icing sugar shaking over my back garden!!

Still one can only hope!

Edited by Kay

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Pre recorded forecasts?

I have no idea. But it looks identical to the NAE ppn forecasts. He went out to Wednesday and only showed snow showers for the east coast, virtually nothing inland. I think some areas are going to get a pasting from this and others are going to be on the pills.

Guest North Sea Snow Convection

Close to south coast with a slight onshore wind from the channel it could well be that half the overall expected ppn is rain or sleet, turning to snow later overnight as the band moves south. The latest fax chart for 24hrs backs that up for the middle of tomorrow as the ppn moves south towards and into the area.

Inland areas could see a fair amount of snow though perhaps - depending how the final charts end up. They could and probably will change again.

Edited by North Sea Snow Convection

Posted

Oh my this is driving me crazy who, what, where and when it seems quite obvious to me that no 1 has a clue where it will Snow all guess work as suggested earlier in the thread it's a mess at the moment. I have decided to wait until the morning and radar watch, no offence to the experts on this forum. :bomb:

However I have my own judgement where the Snow will be Heavy but I'm keeping that to myself to save any confusion on here, I'm sure they will be a lot of new members who will want to know more information so any new members reading this the best forecast is now casting on here tomorrow morning or early hours of the morning, good luck Snow lovers. :whistling:

Posted

Look East forecast........ (For Herts, Beds and Bucks)

Tomorrow: snow late afternoon to evening: 2-5cm's (Around 2 inches) Wednesday: Heavy snow showers coming from the north: 5-15cm's.

Bitterly cold with everything freezing.

Forecasted at 17:16 on local BBC radio (Live forecast)

Edited by saint

Posted

Right this will be interesting - here is the Met Office forecast issued at 15.28

Headline:

A severe frost overnight with snow for some.

This Evening and Tonight:

Continuing very cold with a severe frost. Thickening cloud will bring snow showers from the north later in the night. Some accumulations are likely, more especially over hills. Minimum temperature -4 °C.

Tuesday:

Rather cloudy with snow showers or longer spells of snow at times, these giving further accumulations over hills. Very cold with a severe night frost. Maximum temperature 2 °C.

Updated: 1528 on Mon 4 Jan 2010

I will be interested to see how accurate this proves as basically they are saying snow in northern part of region within 12 hours from now . Bearing in miond this forecast changed quite a bit from this morning I would be surprised if it is remotely accurate. I will take my hat off to them if its close . Personally down here in Surrey I would not be surprised to see it arrive more towards the evening if at all ! . Maybe I am being pessimistic BUT having said that things have been put back endlessly or not materialised recently regarding stalled /failed troughs and occlusions . It would be nice to think JUST ONCE that this forecast is accurate !!

p.s. I do however expect some snow before the weeks out ! :)

Posted

Wow my head is spinning! Yes it will... no it wont..:) I have to drive to Cornwall from SW London on wednesday (I have little kids and am not a confident driver to begin with), do you think I should postpone or is this not to be a SW London affair. Would seriously appreciate any input.

From some forecasts that would be driving virtually the entire way in Heavy snow. Keep watching all forecasts!

Posted

Well, I've booked half a days leave tomorrow just incase - after all, 1cm of snow falling just before Christmas brought roads and trains in London & the SE to a halt and it took me over 3 hours to get home! I'm not having that this time laugh.gif

And if it doesn't snow till after I would have got home, or even not at all, I won't really mind as they have turned the heating off at work and according to my collegues, its freezing! (first day back tomorrow since before Christmas :) )

Posted

well its just gone back below freezing here -0.2 and only reached a max of around 1.5

im just hoping to see some good amounts of snow in the next few days so i get the day off college lol.