Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold & Snowy, Hot & Sunny & Thunderstorms

I posted this earlier and I'm posting again before A&E have a run of snow lovers with slashed wrists.

Having spent over forty years living in London and Kent, I have lost count the amount of times I have been caught out by the fickle weather in the south east. When we expect loads we get none and vice-versa, I am not expecting massive amounts but I feel we will get more than a couple of cm's.

Yes I am sitting on the fence my previous forty years have taught me that. I suggest we all just sit back, chill and enjoy the ride, after all we are entering a very cold phase by recent standards.:lol:

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

KADDY

Rain and sleet into the south east tomorrow over us

Rain?!?! I DON'T THINK SO! :lol: :lol:

Posted

BBC London only going for a light dusting!

Most of the ppn stays out west!

She did say Dorset look set to get a significant amount of snow tomorrow!

Rest of week looks mainly dry with a few flurries!

Kent stayed dry the whole forecast!

That's it.... I'm off to the gym to attack a punch bag!

Posted
  • Location: Ormesby St Margaret - Nr Gt Yarmouth / Work in Norwich
  • Location: Ormesby St Margaret - Nr Gt Yarmouth / Work in Norwich

I think there is still potential for any of us to get a good dumping in the next 24 hours. There is model disagreement even at this stage.Admittedly its squeaky bum time for many (Me included here in Norwich) but come tomorrow some who aren't expecting any snow will be beaming and some who are will be gutted.

Choose your lampost, cross everything.

Good luck!

Edited by HomerJ

Posted

I think looking at the output the further west in this region you are the better your chances are of snow, we will see what the 18z shows...

Also interestingly the ECM looks very suggestive of snowfall, near perfect flow for heavy snowfall into our region, very similar to Feb 2009 on the 12z ECM...

Posted

IMO there is no way that low could hoi us!

There is to much of a SE windflow tied in with the system - if anything it will go further west!

I hope I'm wrong!

Edited by Archie_Lewis

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather extremes

Looks like we are gunna miss it by just the slightest but if forecasts change we are expected to get 20-25cm of snow acute.gif

Posted

Some of you sound very downbeat as if all is agreed re outcome.

Stay prepared and keep a watch on radar tomorrow.

Posted

Some of you sound very downbeat as if all is agreed re outcome.

Stay prepared and keep a watch on radar tomorrow.

Well according to kaddy it's going to rain tomorrow :yahoo: , maybe it's the strange outfit she was wearing putting her off

:yahoo:

Posted

Regarding the Channel low for tomorrow as KW says no ones got a clue whats going to happen as it's all very complicated and it might be a case of just looking out of the window. As for the rest of that bbc forecast for the se it was a pile of tosh, the outlook upto Friday just basically showing sunshine, someone tell the bbc either to get with it or not bother forecasting such drivel especially as the national forecast contradicted it earlier.

Posted

BBC lookeast suggested the snow will move back in from the West during tomorrow night giving a few inches...... This also looked like it was being suggested on BBC London.

Posted

Oh dear!

What a awful forecast for EA/SE on BBC 18:27 evening forecast!

PPN pretty much misses us tomorrow and all heads in central southern England even the first band!

Going on that forecast central southern England in for a very snowy evening and night tomorrow!

I really thought the SE would do well... Oh well hopefully get some heavy snow showers later Wednesday

Relax it will snow 5 cm and above for your area :yahoo:

Posted

Kold you were bang on. BBC London says a lot of uncertainty but the channel low may well drift over towards london and se. Well done

Jan

Sky News Weather forecast has just said that the snow in the South Central area WILL move into London Tuesday night. Sky News weather team are very good especially with winter forecasts.

Posted

:yahoo: I hate the weather......... :yahoo:

Well no not really, i love the weather, even when it does disappoint. :wub:

Posted

BBC London only going for a light dusting!

Most of the ppn stays out west!

She did say Dorset look set to get a significant amount of snow tomorrow!

Rest of week looks mainly dry with a few flurries!

Kent stayed dry the whole forecast!

That's it.... I'm off to the gym to attack a punch bag!

bbc south 2day absoloute rubbish forecast to what i see from the met office! where do they get there info from the whole of the bbc has been rubbish lately! my local forecast saying rain and 4 degrees east of the isle of wight tommorow? metoffice say snow and just snow and max of 2 degrees! rest of the week bbc going for sunny skies lol! met office saying further snow falls! if i was every body i would not take not of local bbc forecasts because they seem to change the charts so aften and get it wrong! keep tuned to the metoffice my advice!

Posted

bbclondon.jpg

aggressive.gifaggressive.gif

Looks like I'm right on the eastern edge of the heavier stuff according to that. Hopefully it will move more to the east.

Posted

Regarding the Channel low for tomorrow as KW says no ones got a clue whats going to happen as it's all very complicated and it might be a case of just looking out of the window. As for the rest of that bbc forecast for the se it was a pile of tosh, the outlook upto Friday just basically showing sunshine, someone tell the bbc either to get with it or not bother forecasting such drivel especially as the national forecast contradicted it earlier.

Lol Nick you noticed that aswell , each forecaster is giving their own view on tomorrow and end of the week. Which isn't very good as it comes from the same source

Posted

Wow, how things have changed in the last few hours. I just watched my local forecast in West Kent and we're now apparently going to get rain tomorrow... so much for the heavy snow.