Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Just looking at the latest forecast, there did seem to be a bit more snow into parts of the SE compared to an hour ago. At the end of the day, this time yesterday they werent forecasting anything significant, and now suddenly they are. Come this time tomorrow, when it is all due to start kicking off, it could change again and shift further east. Or maybe im just clutching at straws.

Posted

Oh dear!

What a awful forecast for EA/SE on BBC 18:27 evening forecast!

PPN pretty much misses us tomorrow and all heads in central southern England even the first band!

Going on that forecast central southern England in for a very snowy evening and night tomorrow!

I really thought the SE would do well... Oh well hopefully get some heavy snow showers later Wednesday

I know. not even out of the starting blocks. Such a shame. thats pretty much all of britain apart from us

Jan

Posted

hum anglia tv(met office)forcast diffent to the bbc look east(weatherquest) forcast, anglia say snow from early arvo, upto 15cm, bbc say 2mo eve upto 5cm

Posted

What I understand the SE will get a better wrap around later tomorrow evening is that correct?

After the main South central and West snow event, looks like the SE will get some good showers.

I reckon there won't be many places South of the Watford Gap that escape in the next 48hrs, but for some it will be a smattering and others a shovel out experince.

Posted

What I understand the SE will get a better wrap around later tomorrow evening is that correct?

the latest fax charts show the south coast have the potential at the moment to be hit hard tommorow night but it is by no means nailed yet! it could stay to the west or go slightly further east but it looks like a good covering for most of southern britain including the south east! i here things are back on for fri/ sat event by the looks of the ECM!

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

My dad just said

First it's further east , then west... then its up there and over that part all in the space of one afternoon :whistling:

-

Wouldn't be supprised to see some better falls later tomorrow

Posted

hum anglia tv(met office)forcast diffent to the bbc look east(weatherquest) forcast, anglia say snow from early arvo, upto 15cm, bbc say 2mo eve upto 5cm

i see up to 15cm earlier on Anglia weather ! someones telling porkies somewhere lol

Posted

True... because Western parts of the Anglia region are in the 'main event' zone. Warnings reflect this for Peterborough etc

Posted

My dad just said

First it's further east , then west... then its up there and over that part all in the space of one afternoon rofl.gif

-

Wouldn't be supprised to see some better falls later tomorrow

How did you do last night depth wise?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

How did you do last night depth wise?

3CM , upto 4CM near whitstable :whistling:

Posted

If i'm reading this right, seems like it'll be a complete let down once again for my area.

Does anyone think the prospects for south-west London are any good tomorrow i.e. how much snow could we expect?

Posted

im going to go with sticking my head out of the door and looking up into the sky , i give up with all this ,anyone got any sea weed hanging up ?

Posted

Latest Invent run online:

http://www.metoffice...ent/weathermap/

Looks even further West! Horrible how it arcs around East Anglia and moves SW aggressive.gif

Vry much a oputlier though compared to the other models including the UKMO raw output. As I said before the fact its run at a high resolution is something in its favour BUT I strongly suspect its too far west, thats only backed up further by looking where the other models place the region of higher humidty...

Same broad evolution, but over 100 miles further west then the 06z suite!

Posted

What bad luck! Unreal the ppn literally covers everywhere apart from home counties and SE!

Who would have thought this morning that central southern England creeping into the SW would get buried by snow tomorrow night

Posted

Oh well.

Let's hope we get our turn at the weekend, even though thats a million miles away.

Heres a link for us all Here

Posted

Vry much a oputlier though compared to the other models including the UKMO raw output. As I said before the fact its run at a high resolution is something in its favour BUT I strongly suspect its too far west, thats only backed up further by looking where the other models place the region of higher humidty...

Same broad evolution, but over 100 miles further west then the 06z suite!

Looking into the run in more detail it's keen to develop a mod/strong SE wind from the Continent which helps push the snow Westwards. otherwise it would be a direct hit!

Posted

What bad luck! Unreal the ppn literally covers everywhere apart from home counties and SE!

Who would have thought this morning that central southern England creeping into the SW would get buried by snow tomorrow night

It doesn't look good for us in Hertfordshire does it, just a few showers, our luck has ran out.:lol: