Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

I wonder if we will reach thread number 100 by the end of this cold spell?

Looks like I might get a dusting here tonight which is unexpected.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

Well, no streamer this evening, let's hope Wednesday does come up with the goods.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Well, no streamer this evening, let's hope Wednesday does come up with the goods.

A proper Kent streamer today! , notice how many people in the south east have snow instead of just a localised thames :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

Light snow shower currently here in Rochford, been going for 10 mins or so, giving a dusting to cars, paths etc.....

Posted

Kold, spare a thought for us in Northampton in the county of the East Mids, we are 13 miles from what is considerd the SE and 25 miles away what is considerd EA.

Anyway, last post from me in this thread, back to the Mids thread where i feel we belong.

Posted

I wonder if we will reach thread number 100 by the end of this cold spell?

Looks like I might get a dusting here tonight which is unexpected.

Easily make a 100 if the snow really gets going. Or will we all just be glued to the window watching those 50p size flakes driving past on an easterly wind?:p

I keep watching that snow moving westward and wondering..... wondering .... wondering, will it reach me? Probably not but I will give it until midnight until I go off to bed.

Even then I will peer out the window every time I wake.

Edited by coldfingers

Posted

Am really bored as not had a flake,are we in Brighton going to get any snow,as all the predictions from the forecasters are different,please someone help lol,am getting so excited about the snow but starting to think it wont happencray.gif Was so dissapointed with the country file forecast,really thought there was going to be lots more snow falling ????????

Posted
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

So close, won't amount to much but the best is yet to come midweek and weekend.

post-5592-12625555697013_thumb.jpg

Posted

Radar suggests North East Kent coast (Whitstable/Herne Bay etc) about to kop a big one!!!

:p

Yep it's going a nice deep orange

Posted

The 18z not quite as good as the 12z as the low pressure cell develops just a touch too far south for Wednesday's set-up, though as noted the front is a little more perky beforehand....a much better run for those further north up the coast then us, still would give us some snowfall however...

Posted

Am really bored as not had a flake,are we in Brighton going to get any snow,as all the predictions from the forecasters are different,please someone help lol,am getting so excited about the snow but starting to think it wont happencray.gif Was so dissapointed with the country file forecast,really thought there was going to be lots more snow falling ????????

I'm not a expert at all, but from what i've been reading, you stand a chance from Tuesday night onwards. As that cold from moves South it could intensify over the southern counties giving us some snow, which I have been waiting for a while now. But to correct me if im wrong guys, but Tuesday and Wednesday look rather good for the south east and southern coastal counties. :cold:

Posted

The 18z not quite as good as the 12z as the low pressure cell develops just a touch too far south for Wednesday's set-up, though as noted the front is a little more perky beforehand....a much better run for those further north up the coast then us, still would give us some snowfall however...

Is that not better? , a low pressure center bang over the south east wasn't so good for alot of us last time.

Posted

Is that not better? , a low pressure center bang over the south east wasn't so good for alot of us last time.

Snowfall amounts are better for Kent on the 18Z.

Posted

Sorry Kold but it is looking wonderful to me :cold: A touch too far south for you means good news for the coast here. I just told my husband that Wed was looking excellent for snow. He said, "That is a contradiction in terms isn't it!" Obviously he doesn't share my excitement at the prospect of heavy snow. Oh please don't let it change!!

Posted

Our weekend snow-storm from the East is cancelled on the 18Z.

Out to T+144 is VERY different from the earlier runs and other models wallbash.gif

Edited by Ocean Transit

Posted

weather station wind direction has frozen so ventured out onto my flat roof and gave it shots of WD40 and in the process my slipper became frozen to the roof :cold:

all working now ,ignoire the rain ,it kinda rattled about as i was hanging on to it ,i hate heights

Current data for Linslade

03 January 2010 22:07:50

Temperature (°C):

Current -3.0

Trend (per hour) -0.4

Average today 0.0

Wind chill -3.0

Heat Index -3.0

Dew Point -4.4

Rel Humidity 90%

Wind (mph):

Current Gust 3.8 NW

Average Speed 1.6 ESE

Rainfall (mm):

Current rate 0.0

Last hour 0.6

Total today 0.9

Total yesterday 0.0

Total this month 1.2

Total this year 1.2

Pressure (mb):

Current 1023.9

Trend (per hour) -0.2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and hot in summer

had a light dusting in rochester kent. stopped now

Posted

I'm not a expert at all, but from what i've been reading, you stand a chance from Tuesday night onwards. As that cold from moves South it could intensify over the southern counties giving us some snow, which I have been waiting for a while now. But to correct me if im wrong guys, but Tuesday and Wednesday look rather good for the south east and southern coastal counties. unsure.gif

Thanks snowmania,i hope your right,really would love too see some good amounts of snow falling soon loldrinks.gif